Wave robbed in Tulsa 91-89

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Jax I agree with most of what you say there. I'd point out though that the reason Reynolds has been inside lately is b/c of his shooting slump. I give him credit though for recognizing his situation and going and doing something he's really not comfortable with but it's allowed him to still score points at the end of the night.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Wavetrader wrote:I see that everyone has said it above, but I'll say it again. If Reynolds and Sehic can hit their FTs then we definitely win this game and perhaps would've won against Temple last Sunday too. This team has little margin for error. That said, the Refs were horrible. Finally, I hate frickn Tulsa more than any team in the AAC. Their BB coach is low class. I wish Fritz would've laid 100 points on them in football. Hopefully we draw them in the AAC tourney and we can get some measure of revenge. There, I've vented. I feel better now!

Tulsa reminds me of why i despised Marshal.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Houma de Wave
Swell

Question: I got in late on the game (with over 8 minutes left).

We lost all our bigs and put in Galic. Was Koka on the trip? I realize he has a way to go, but he did have some game experience.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Houma de Wave wrote:Question: I got in late on the game (with over 8 minutes left).

We lost all our bigs and put in Galic. Was Koka on the trip? I realize he has a way to go, but he did have some game experience.
I don't know if he traveled with the team, but Koka didn't play at all. Bul Ajang started. Blake Paul fouled out in 7 minutes of PT. He contributed 1 rebound and 1 assist and did not score.

I hope everyone is healthy for the AAC tournament and that we win our first game to play Tulsa in the second round.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
galvezwave
Swell

It got comical at one point. Hands straight up in the air , standing stationary, lay up and 1. Paul's line says it all. We need help down there and we didn't get it with this current class. Which is perplexing because rebounding and toughness are the things MD has lamented. Reynolds was fouled, yes. But that's not a call you get on the road at the buzzer on any night. (Unless it was a visitor at devlin) . Cam needed to go up strong and finish that. Especially after choking at the line. Yet another in an endless line of bitter pills .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote:
Wavetrader wrote:I see that everyone has said it above, but I'll say it again. If Reynolds and Sehic can hit their FTs then we definitely win this game and perhaps would've won against Temple last Sunday too. This team has little margin for error. That said, the Refs were horrible. Finally, I hate frickn Tulsa more than any team in the AAC. Their BB coach is low class. I wish Fritz would've laid 100 points on them in football. Hopefully we draw them in the AAC tourney and we can get some measure of revenge. There, I've vented. I feel better now!

Tulsa reminds me of why i despised Marshal.
c'mon ya know Tulsa is an exclusive Private school, located in an affluent part of Oklahoma, not too far from ORU and Southern Hills CC..nothing like Marshall...I have to admit, 40 free throws by one team seems very one sided to me..I laugh when watching the game and the number of fouls are shown on the screen and it reads 10+...they actually need to show the real number, but the game officials hate that...when I ran the scoreboard at Tulane, they always came and told me prior to tip off, once it reached 10 to stop adding to the number
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave wrote:Question: I got in late on the game (with over 8 minutes left).

I believe Koka has a meniscus injury and they are redshirting him.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Houma de Wave
Swell

winwave wrote:

I believe Koka has a meniscus injury and they are redshirting him.
Thanks - I didn't recall seeing him on the bench.
swampnik
Surge

Jaxwave wrote:Unbelievable effort by the team and coaches. As I watched the game I just kept saying the basketball gods will get these kids this win,and damn if they didn’t. Only one glitch, even the basketball gods can’t overcome the officials. Reynolds should have been at the foul line needing only 1 of 2 for the win.
I kinda feel bad for Reynolds as he is more of a perimeter player who is asked to play with the bigs and he just isn’t comfortable with the physicality under the basket at either end.
One more point the best box out I’ve seen all year came from the walk on in overtime. With all of the easy baskets given up by this team on drives to the basket and offensive rebounds, not so sure that kid shouldn’t have been tried a little more this year. Likewise Slater has some shooting skills and might have helped against all the zones we’ve seen this year had he been used some more.
The" walk on" of whom your write Jaxwave is who exactly? Conroy? Why was Conroy given the last desperation shot? Is Riley that good in practice with last second shooting?
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

swampnik wrote:
Jaxwave wrote:Unbelievable effort by the team and coaches. As I watched the game I just kept saying the basketball gods will get these kids this win,and damn if they didn’t. Only one glitch, even the basketball gods can’t overcome the officials. Reynolds should have been at the foul line needing only 1 of 2 for the win.
I kinda feel bad for Reynolds as he is more of a perimeter player who is asked to play with the bigs and he just isn’t comfortable with the physicality under the basket at either end.
One more point the best box out I’ve seen all year came from the walk on in overtime. With all of the easy baskets given up by this team on drives to the basket and offensive rebounds, not so sure that kid shouldn’t have been tried a little more this year. Likewise Slater has some shooting skills and might have helped against all the zones we’ve seen this year had he been used some more.
The" walk on" of whom your write Jaxwave is who exactly? Conroy? Why was Conroy given the last desperation shot? Is Riley that good in practice with last second shooting?
Conroy is a good shooter in practice but he’d have a hard time creating his own shot in the game. I think Cornish was the target but he was double teamed.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Funny thing is the announcers knew Conroy was getting the last shot. I think the former baseball player is the walk on, but I could be wrong.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jaxwave
Swell

I don’t remember name (maybe Green?) but it was a white big man. I think no 32.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It was Galic on the box out.

To me the question on the last inbounds play was having Daniels passing it in. We only had three scholarship players in at that point. One of the WO's should have thrown it in.
swampnik
Surge

winwave wrote:It was Galic on the box out.

To me the question on the last inbounds play was having Daniels passing it in. We only had three scholarship players in at that point. One of the WO's should have thrown it in.
Thanks. Yes, Galic it was.
Good BB pedigree in the family of this young man:
Personal: Parents are Kristie and Ivan...Has a younger sister Malaina...Graduated in the top 25 of his high school class and recorded a perfect score on his ACT...Grandfather Bill Blair was an NBA coach for 16 seasons, including head-coaching stints for parts of three seasons with the New Jersey Nets (interim in 1983) as well as the Minnesota Timberwolves (1994-95)...Was an assistant coach for the Nets (1981-83 and 1983-84), Chicago Bulls (1983-84 and 1984-85), Washington Bullets (1986-93), Indiana Pacers (1993-94 and 1996-97) and Cleveland Cavaliers (1999-2000)...Blair was also head coach at VMI (1972-76) and Colorado (1976-81). (TGW bio on site)
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)