Wave loses a tough one toTemple- 83-76

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

nawlinspete wrote:
winwave wrote:What was the league thinking when they scheduled this game on SB Sunday? Throw in MG and you have no crowd.
They think what the fux it is only TulanH/

Why did our AD not object as soon as schedule announced and get the H/He flipped ?

Why does he not get AAC to understand MG is annual and give the future dates ?

Mostly Dannens fault .
Temple certainly wouldn't have wanted a home game yesterday. The point is there is no sense in trying to compete with SB Sunday.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
JerseyWave
Riptide

I think we can forget the NIT talk. Team is significantly improved over last year, but still a ways to go. Must improve the talent depth on the roster.
anEngineer
Riptide

I agree that this team needs some more talent, but winning this game without Melvin Frazier was near impossible. Even with that, they almost pulled it off. It was an outstanding college basketball game with both teams going on runs and trading the lead. The outside shooting slump Reynolds has been in compounded the problem and they fell short to a team that's playing well right now.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

At what point do you start playing younger guys for next year? TU basically played 6 players yesterday. Reynolds is gone and Frazier may be as well. Desperately need interior defense and rebounding, time to give some of the freshmen bigs some time?

I like MD but I cannot see anyway this team gets to the tourney (never mind the NIT) over the next few years.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:At what point do you start playing younger guys for next year? TU basically played 6 players yesterday. Reynolds is gone and Frazier may be as well. Desperately need interior defense and rebounding, time to give some of the freshmen bigs some time?

I like MD but I cannot see anyway this team gets to the tourney (never mind the NIT) over the next few years.
Outside of Daniels the other young guys are projects. We really only play with about 7 guys each night. Foul trouble or injury and we can’t overcome it. I don’t see Dunleavy playing those guys yet. He wants to win now.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It appears Koka is being redshirted as he hasn’t been in uniform for a while. I think they said he had a meniscus injury.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.