Embarrassing Home Loss to USF

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
JerseyWave
Riptide

He does need better players. We have 11 scholarship players on the roster and 3 of them are international freshman not making any contribution. Daniels was quite a find, but Dunleavy needs to bring more guys ready to play major college basketball and not projects.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote:Just a few observations: We were not prepared mentally nor emotionally for this game. The scene before the game in the locker room looked like city park stadium. I hope we are not bringing recruits to see the gym or the team play. We have a NBA coach who's team plays like the Pels.
Carbon Copy of the Nicholls St game. Only difference we managed to steal that one. USF was just a little better than Nicholls St.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

You know I was just thinking, if last night we had Tanner Lee at small forward and Lindsey Scott at even smaller point guard, we just might have won that game?

Oh well, wistfully speaking, all of the things that "might have been." :megagrin:
51WaveBG
High Tide

Now we know why Cornish transferred. He couldn't make the team where he was. He should be benched for good and play Daniels and Slater in his stead. Paul isn't very good either. Sehic can score, but he never starts. WHY???????? Quit launching the 3 point bricks and learn how to get into the paint. Play 40 minutes and quit messing around or sit on the bench!
galvezwave
Swell

"This is a team that on any given day can beat anyone. This is also a team that on any given day can be beaten by anyone.
galvezwave
Swell

51WaveBG wrote:Now we know why Cornish transferred. He couldn't make the team where he was. He should be benched for good and play Daniels and Slater in his stead. Paul isn't very good either. Sehic can score, but he never starts. WHY???????? Quit launching the 3 point bricks and learn how to get into the paint. Play 40 minutes and quit messing around or sit on the bench!
We could have chewed up the usf zone. They were not athletic and smaller. All we had to do was penetrate and dish or shoot. That's what was so frustrating. I agree about Paul. But there were games where Cornish was a catalyst. I think he's a guy that will be good down the road. It was slater that went in and gave the team a lift and was key in getting us back in the game. He should get more PT. I think they will watch the film and kick themselves when they see the stuff they passed up for a brick layers convention. Should have dismantled that team.
Jaxwave
Swell

They can't shoot! Now every opponent knows it and it's going to be tough to score. In my opinion, they need to run on every offensive possession and take first decent shot rather than letting opponents settle into their zone.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JerseyWave wrote:He does need better players. We have 11 scholarship players on the roster and 3 of them are international freshman not making any contribution. Daniels was quite a find, but Dunleavy needs to bring more guys ready to play major college basketball and not projects.
Dunleavy needs to get better at recruiting better players for sure. LSU new MBB coach Will Wade has already landed (2) 5 star recruits and (2) 4 star recruits for his next class. His class is ranked 3rd in the nation behind Duke and Oregon.
We aren’t going to succeed recruiting projects. Just saying. We’re in 9th place now in the AAC.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
dpm wave
Swell

Can someone please explain to me why Cornish gets so much pt?
Dude is a very weak link.
He is the worst shooter on the team and has the 2nd most turnovers.
anEngineer
Riptide

dpm wave wrote:Can someone please explain to me why Cornish gets so much pt?
Dude is a very weak link.
He is the worst shooter on the team and has the 2nd most turnovers.
You are exactly right about Cornish being a weak spot. I think the key is Caleb Daniels but he is constantly in foul trouble. The last 2 games he fouled out with 15 minutes of play. If Daniels finally figures it out, he starts getting 25- 30 minutes a game in place of Cornish. While that probably improves the scoring production, it remains to be seen if it helps with turnovers. This team needs at least one better ball handler. Maybe Daniels is that guy but we will never know until he can stay on the floor.