Tulsa Game Thread- TD gets game moved to 1:00

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
wavemania
Surge

Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:07 pm

Just when I think this team may have turned the corner.Then I realize they are coached by a has-been ex NBA coach with a losing record. :roll:

JerseyWave
Riptide

Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:13 pm

Two steps forward, one step back.
winwave
Wild Pelican

Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:28 pm

Just typical Tulane. Get a good win on the road and come home to the best crowd we have had in a while and we lay an egg. So damn frustrating.
Find A Way!
Eaglewave
Swell

Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:44 pm

F you see K! Every time we are ready to get on the plane, the our guys forget their luggage. Thanks to Troy for trying to make us happy today. I am 100% behind our AD.
" Lee looked good today, Montana looked good, Powell did some good things, Jordy looked great! Having all of these QB's who can all make plays is a great problem to have!" ( Former Head Coach Curtis Johnson)
Show Me
Riptide

Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:10 pm

wavemania wrote:Just when I think this team may have turned the corner.Then I realize they are coached by a has-been ex NBA coach with a losing record. :roll:
Dunleavy still learning the college game. When the team can’t hit the side of a barn from beyond the arc you change your offense and pound it inside. Bad home loss that kills your momentum. I guess since we’re blaming I also blame TD for moving up the tip-off to accommodate Saints fans. Looks like our guys were still sleeping to start the game and Tulsa was more prepared for the early start.
Show Me
Riptide

Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:11 pm

winwave wrote:Just typical Tulane. Get a good win on the road and come home to the best crowd we have had in a while and we lay an egg. So damn frustrating.
Typical Tulane is right.
winwave
Wild Pelican

Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:42 pm

Show Me wrote:
wavemania wrote:Just when I think this team may have turned the corner.Then I realize they are coached by a has-been ex NBA coach with a losing record. :roll:
Dunleavy still learning the college game. When the team can’t hit the side of a barn from beyond the arc you change your offense and pound it inside. Bad home loss that kills your momentum. I guess since we’re blaming I also blame TD for moving up the tip-off to accommodate Saints fans. Looks like our guys were still sleeping to start the game and Tulsa was more prepared for the early start.
It was a great move to move it up. We all know you'll hate on TD no matter what but we had a long line of people buying tickets and a good crowd. It was just typical Tulane and they would have bombed no matter the game time.
Find A Way!
Pepper
Surge

Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:27 pm

Thought the team had dead legs and it showed from the field. The lack of a bench really hurts.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Bigschtick
Swell

Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:57 pm

"Typical" but will ever change in our lifetimes????
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick!
puffy
Surge

Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:48 pm

This was the first game I've attended at Fogelman since 2001. A couple of things:

I'm really impressed with the overall renovations.

I want the aluminum bench seats back in the student sections.

There's really not a bad seat in the house.

Frazier was in bad body language mode today.

Cornish isn't as advertised, yet. He's réeally sloppy with the ball. But I still think he has the potential to be the best all around player on the team this season. I just hope he figure things out quickly.

I wish early season version of Sehic would return.

Why hasn't Tulane acquired Loyola and make it Loyola college?
DfromCT
Tsunami

Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:52 pm

What an idiotic post! Seriously, do you think before you post, or just stream what's going through your brain? The "has been ex NBA coach with a losing record" is the SOLE REASON there's been improvement on this team. He's made the individual players better players and the team plays better than they did a year ago. If there was any corner turned or even approached, it's because of the teachings of Mike Dunleavy, Sr.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia