Tulane whips Temple 85-75

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
oliveandblue
Surge

Tulane needs to put a 120" TV Screen inside the basketball arena. /s

anEngineer
Riptide

Some expressed disappointment at letting Temple get close a few times and I agree that it added unwanted anxiety. However, when they overcome it and win by hitting free throws, getting key blocks and breaking presses with dunks, it builds for the next time.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote:
winwave wrote:Actually it will be more than a couple of miles away. The Saints game is in Tampa.
That's good news. No one will want to watch that on TV.
See my post 4 up from that one. We agree on the affect on the crowd.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Eaglewave
Swell

We need to show up vs Tulsa and make them feel the heat of being on the road. I expect it to be a tough gam to pull out, but we can very well beat them if we play like we did today.
Ball Sumrall!
DrBox
Riptide

Show Me wrote:Ranks close to Conroy’s win at Cincinnati..
For f sakes
Show Me
Tsunami

DrBox wrote:
For f sakes
Sorry for the reach. Got excited. Ed’s win much bigger.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

OUG
Riptide

anEngineer wrote:Some expressed disappointment at letting Temple get close a few times and I agree that it added unwanted anxiety. However, when they overcome it and win by hitting free throws, getting key blocks and breaking presses with dunks, it builds for the next time.
This is weird to me. I mean, of course temple was going to fight back again and again. This is what it looks like when you beat a top 20 rpi team on their home floor. It’s not a walk in the park.
swampnik
Surge

Congrats to all! Hard to beat them at their "temple" in Philly!
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote:Some expressed disappointment at letting Temple get close a few times and I agree that it added unwanted anxiety. However, when they overcome it and win by hitting free throws, getting key blocks and breaking presses with dunks, it builds for the next time.
Who expressed disappointment? It was a fun game to watch, and Dunleavy showed me he's learning the college game, calling timeouts when Temple was fighting their way back into the game. I believe each timeout resulted in boosting our lead back to 8 or 9 or more points each time. Enjoy the win and look forward to Tulsa on Sunday.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenLantern
Riptide

The fans at Temple are restless. Here's a comment from the Enquirer:
Make no mistake, Tulane stinks. Don't be fooled by their record. Just look at their schedule and who they beat. If Temple can't beat Tulane, how in the world are they going to compete with Wichita State, Cincy, SMU, Houston, or UCF. They're not even equipped to beat an increasingly disappointing Memphis or Uconn.
After writing this, he had to go home to Philadelphia where it's 16 degrees and windy. Who could blame him for being so wretchedly miserable? Ain't it fun making people feel a little of the pain we've suffered for decades?
netshorty
Surge

DfromCT wrote:
Who expressed disappointment? It was a fun game to watch, and Dunleavy showed me he's learning the college game, calling timeouts when Temple was fighting their way back into the game. I believe each timeout resulted in boosting our lead back to 8 or 9 or more points each time. Enjoy the win and look forward to Tulsa on Sunday.
+1 Last year's debacle was as much about coaching as it was about personnel. Timeout utilization (or lack thereof) was a real head scratcher last year. Yesterday's game was really good on multiple fronts. But most importantly IMO, the game-situation coaching was really good especially the use of timeouts. That and demanding attention to 3 big aspects: turnovers (only 10), FT shooting, and D.

Great win!
Last edited by netshorty on Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Houma de Wave
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:The fans at Temple are restless. Here's a comment from the Enquirer:
Make no mistake, Tulane stinks. Don't be fooled by their record. Just look at their schedule and who they beat. If Temple can't beat Tulane, how in the world are they going to compete with Wichita State, Cincy, SMU, Houston, or UCF. They're not even equipped to beat an increasingly disappointing Memphis or Uconn.
After writing this, he had to go home to Philadelphia where it's 16 degrees and windy. Who could blame him for being so wretchedly miserable? Ain't it fun making people feel a little of the pain we've suffered for decades?
This fake news cheerleader is typical of one who dwells on a 6-win 2016-17 team that, in his “professional” opinion, can’t possibly be better than his beloved home-grown scholars. The “Tulane stinks” quip is way out of line.

We have to move on past this garbage and keep improving.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Solid road win. The Wave will win more than I predicted as the AAC is weaker overall than I first thought. Everyone left on our schedule outside of Wichita State is beatable. LSU has already proven this as they defeated both Houston and Memphis. Tulsa in the past has always been a loss for us. We need to get that W at home on Sunday. No letdown. Roll Wave!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

Great win! Fun to watch this game.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Pepper
Swell

Great win!
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
galvezwave
Swell

Obviously these kids and coaches are putting in the work. They are growing before our eyes. i believe this team is a mid pack AAC and a few pieces from contention. They are definitely earning support. Hope they can get it.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

the view from the city of brotherly love and parking tickets

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/col ... 71228.html
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
JDTulane
Riptide

GREAT win. The last 10 minutes showed a really well coached Tulane team and an imploding Temple team. The Temple defense in the last 2 mins was horrendous and Tulane took advantage. Better teams would've intecepted some of those long balls we took the the board.

Very pleased to see this. Tulane should make the NIT with continued good play!
Robert1969
Riptide

Houma de Wave wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:The fans at Temple are restless. Here's a comment from the Enquirer:
This fake news cheerleader is typical of one who dwells on a 6-win 2016-17 team that, in his “professional” opinion, can’t possibly be better than his beloved home-grown scholars. The “Tulane stinks” quip is way out of line.

We have to move on past this garbage and keep improving.
If I recall correctly, coming into the game Tulane was an RPI 100 team. It is completely inappropriate to say a team in the top 30% of college basketball stinks. While Temple fans have reason to be disappointed with their team’s recent play, this guy strikes me as a homer troll. Big time overreaction to sound like a sage tellin-it-like-it-is to the unwashed masses. But there’s no wisdom to it.
Robert1969
Riptide

Show Me wrote:
DrBox wrote:
For f sakes
Sorry for the reach. Got excited. Ed’s win much bigger.
I agree, on its face, the Cincy win under Conroy was the bigger win, but that game played out much like “upset in the making” whereas, quite simply, this game played out like Tulane was simply the superior team (at least on this date). To make a foitball analogy: 2015 over Cincy was like Appalachian State over Michigan, and this win over Temple felt like Houston just being better than Oklahoma in 2016. Fluke versus bonafide win.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

FYI Espn Bracketology as of Dec 28th still has Temple as a Ncaa Tourney team . . . When’s the last time we beat a tourney team on the road ? Great win !

http://m.espn.com/ncb/bracketology?iter ... &year=2018
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Unfortunately Temple lost again today (Houston) they are now 7-6 for the season and have lost 4 of their last 5. They are no NCAA tournament team at this time.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Temple blown out again today. Now 7-8 on the season. Lost 6 of its last 7 games.
Tulane Class of 1981