Tulane whips Temple 85-75

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave wins 85 to 75!!! :fastclap:
Last edited by Wave755 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Houma de Wave wrote:Complete game and Dunleavy coached one helluva ROAD VICTORY!!!
Agreed. He took the timeouts when the home team was getting back into it, stopped the runs, and best of all ran another home run slam dunk play when the Temple coach took a timeout down 8 with 5 seconds left! Statement win for the Wave on the road. OH BABY that one felt good!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote:Wave wins 83 to 75!!! :fastclap:
Good thing you're a lawyer and not an accountant! :D Great win!

OK, you fixed it. Just needling you while celebrating a win!
Last edited by DfromCT on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Houma de Wave wrote:Complete game and Dunleavy coached one helluva ROAD VICTORY!!!
Definitely the best played game of the year. Only trailed once at 2-0, and held the lead the rest of the way. Although largest lead was 14, most of the time it was between 4-9 points. Great win.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Houma de Wave
Swell

Sunday at Fogleman, 2pm, vs. Tulsa. Gotta be there if you can.
Wave755
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
Wave755 wrote:Wave wins 83 to 75!!! :fastclap:
Good thing you're a lawyer and not an accountant! :D Great win!

OK, you fixed it. Just needling you while celebrating a win!

My fingers just got too damn excited!!! :P :lol: :D

Great win & Roll Wave Roll!!!
Eaglewave
Swell

Best coached men's basketball game in a very long time on the road. Come on boys! Fight like hell to make it to the post season! After last year's results, I will take a CBI, CIT or the Vegas 16 appearance if we don't make it to the NIT or Big Dance.
Ball Sumrall!
GreenLantern
Riptide

We shoot 19 of 20 free throws. Think Dunleavey emphasizes this in practice? Remember 2 years ago when we couldn't shoot 50% from the line?

Blake Paul has become more important to the team than Sehic. Can't believe I just said that.

First win over Temple in more than 20 years!
Last edited by GreenLantern on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Great win! I remember when Temple’s AD ridiculed Tulane upon joining the conference. In year 2 of Dannen, Fritz, Dunleavy we have proven we belong!
Robert1969
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote:We shoot 19 of 20 free throws. Think Dunleavey emphasizes this in practice? Remember 2 years ago when we couldn't shoot 50% from the line?

Blake Paul has become more important to the team than Sehic. Can't believe I just said that.

First win over Temple in over 20 years!
Agreed. Hit a couple of nice mid-rangers when he couldn't take it to the rim. Very impressive win. Temple was RPI 13 coming into this game.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Robert1969 wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:We shoot 19 of 20 free throws. Think Dunleavey emphasizes this in practice? Remember 2 years ago when we couldn't shoot 50% from the line?

Agreed. Hit a couple of nice mid-rangers when he couldn't take it to the rim. Very impressive win. Temple was RPI 13 coming into this game.
I was the one posting that they had a tougher pre-conference schedule than us earlier today (bored at work!) But RPI of 13? C'mon man, their schedule wasn't that good for a 7-4 team. I'm not questioning you, Robert, I saw that on the broadcast too. I'm questioning the RPI calculation.
Wavetrader
Low Tide

Roll Damn Wave! We tuned in with low expectations and watched a great coached and well played game. If I recall, I don't believe Tulane trailed at any point in the game. Frazier and Reynolds played awesome as usual. Ona-Embo was outstanding. Caleb Daniels was key and Paul hit some key baskets at the end. Only low points (if any) was that Cornish had a few too many turnovers and Dunleavy deployed a lineup without Frazier, Reynolds and Embo out on the court during one dry spell for Tulane.

Great to be excited for Tulane basketball again. My crew will be taking a road trip to NOLA for the SMU game next Thursday.
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
GreenLantern
Riptide

Wavetrader wrote:Roll Damn Wave! We tuned in with low expectations and watched a great coached and well played game. If I recall, I don't believe Tulane trailed at any point in the game.
We trailed 2-0.
GreenLantern
Riptide

The Philadelphia Enquirer refers to us as a 'former doormat':

Here's a link to the Philadelphia Enquirer story.
JerseyWave
Riptide

The Yogi’s have flipped their lid. One guy posted something about getting an NCAA at large bid and another said that Melvin Frazier might be Tulane’s best player since Hot Rod.
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote:
Robert1969 wrote:

I was the one posting that they had a tougher pre-conference schedule than us earlier today (bored at work!) But RPI of 13? C'mon man, their schedule wasn't that good for a 7-4 team. I'm not questioning you, Robert, I saw that on the broadcast too. I'm questioning the RPI calculation.
Most teams have a bunch of lower RPI teams on their OOC schedule. Temple only had three games against teams lower than 138, and they played five teams in the top 57. That's why their RPI is so high early on. Plus, they have wins vs Auburn and Clemson, both of whom are 11-1. So their only losses are to Temple. By the end of the year, all of that will balance out.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

JerseyWave wrote:The Yogi’s have flipped their lid. One guy posted something about getting an NCAA at large bid and another said that Melvin Frazier might be Tulane’s best player since Hot Rod.

LOL!
nawlinspete
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote:The Philadelphia Enquirer refers to us as a 'former doormat':

Here's a link to the Philadelphia Enquirer story.
And what sayeth the mighty voice of N O, the Times Picayune ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Had to stop watching at the 1:30 mark to start coaching. Just got home to watch us finish them off. Embo is playing better and being more aggressive about driving to the goal. Paul has teased us with glimpses of good play. He's now done it a few games in a row. If he keeps it up we'll be fun to watch. I said early on Daniels is going to be good. He tweaked a knee early and is now healthy. He will only get better.We played really well on defense with a lot of deflected passes. Thank goodness we are finally hitting our free throws. Real nice start to conference play.

I know it's frustrating to watch us let them catch up when certain guys are out but we can't play guys 40 minutes. Those back-ups need to step it up.

As for Temple it is still early on ratings. Clemson was picked 11th in the ACC and Auburn 8th in the SEC. Georgia who was picked 3rd in the SEC stomped them. Sort of reminds you of the year we beat St. John's, Auburn and GT and some were over the moon. Unfortunately none of them were any good that season. There no slouch but like I said it's early and the ratings aren't a good guide yet. It's good conference win on the road and those have been few and far between. Good confidence builder. Let's keep rolling.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
oliveandblue
Surge

http://www.rpiforecast.com/live-rpi.html

RPI is at 67 or so. Now there is POSITIVE pressure on the next game. They can't lose to Tulsa or they give away those 30 spots. Win that (somehow), and the SMU game becomes season-defining.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I wish we could get Sunday's game moved up an hour. Saints are playing a big game at 3:25. Would like to see us get a good crowd but it's going to be tough.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

Ranks close to Conroy’s win at Cincinnati. Good start hope it continues.
GreenLantern
Riptide

oliveandblue wrote:http://www.rpiforecast.com/live-rpi.html

RPI is at 67 or so. Now there is POSITIVE pressure on the next game. They can't lose to Tulsa or they give away those 30 spots. Win that (somehow), and the SMU game becomes season-defining.
Unfortunately for Greenies, there will be a sporting match conducted simultaneously to the Tulsa game and it is only a couple miles away and expected to attract over 70,000 souls. It's an obscure game in which one team has a chance to win their NFL conference championsip. That may keep a few folks out of Devlin.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Actually it will be more than a couple of miles away. The Saints game is in Tampa.
GreenLantern
Riptide

winwave wrote:Actually it will be more than a couple of miles away. The Saints game is in Tampa.
That's good news. No one will want to watch that on TV.