Early NSP

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The early signing period begins today and goes through Friday for high schoolers. JUCO's can start signing today and sign up til the start of classes in January. Hoping to keep all of our commitments and add some good surprises. Let's do this.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
galvezwave
Swell

1 surprise already
Houma de Wave
Swell

16 signed by 7:40am according to Guerry.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

galvezwave wrote:1 surprise already
Tell us more, Galvez! Details, details!

Roll Wave!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Houma de Wave
Swell

DfromCT wrote:

Roll Wave!
I thing galvez is referring to Ygenio Booker, ATH/RB/WR out of Fla. with sub 4.5 speed. Replaces Simi Bakare.
anEngineer
Riptide

Why is there nothing on the Tulane website tracking the progress and signings like they normally do for signing day?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote:Why is there nothing on the Tulane website tracking the progress and signings like they normally do for signing day?
The guy that would normally do that (Scottie Rodgers) left to take a similar job with the Sunbelt. As far as I know he hasn’t yet been replaced.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell

Guerry is doing his usual great job on The Wave Report. 19 in, 4 to go. Larry Brooks in the fold.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Houma de Wave wrote:Guerry is doing his usual great job on The Wave Report. 19 in, 4 to go. Larry Brooks in the fold.

Yes, and for the pittance charged monthly, more should join Rivals. There are some poster's there with great inside info and
insight!
Last edited by Bigschtick on Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Houma de Wave
Swell

Ellison and Wright are now the only commitments not signed yet. It’s 6:22 in California, so Wright May be still snoozing.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Houma de Wave wrote:Ellison and Wright are now the only commitments not signed yet. It’s 6:22 in California, so Wright May be still snoozing.

I have been up since 5:00 working at my desk. Its 6:26! Up and "atom"
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Houma de Wave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

Roll Wave!
I thing galvez is referring to Ygenio Booker, ATH/RB/WR out of Fla. with sub 4.5 speed. Replaces Simi Bakare.
Welcome to the Green Wave Family Ygenio.

OK, I liked the HUDL film, but question the competition he played. They look small. He's only 5'10" and he plays big, at least at that level. But he clearly has a burst of speed, and makes great adjustments as a WR to the ball in the air. A lot of his highlight catches were not particularly great throws. Mr. Booker (or is it Dr. Booker? :) ) is clearly a very good athlete.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/5219363/yg ... ker/videos
Jaxwave
Swell

D, that was my exact takeaway also. Either competition is small or he's much bigger than 5'10". Logic would tend toward the former. If it was the latter, he would have been higher rated and had more schools after him.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Could be another Devin Glenn type? If so, lets hope he gets more run than Glenn has seen.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:Could be another Devin Glenn type? If so, lets hope he gets more run than Glenn has seen.
I think he's bigger than D. Glenn. Glenn was generously listed as 5'7". Booker is listed as 5'10".
Houma de Wave
Swell

Ellison flipped to SMU. Another reason to circle SMU on the schedule next year.

According to Guerry, it doesn't hurt our rankings, but he was an OLB we were counting on signing.
Wave755
Tsunami

Houma de Wave wrote:Ellison and Wright are now the only commitments not signed yet. It’s 6:22 in California, so Wright May be still snoozing.
Wright is a "hard" commit so I think it's just a PST thing.

Even without Ellison (who really wanted TCU) this is still one of our best recruiting classes since the days of Buddy (Teevens) Ball.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wave755 wrote:
Wright is a "hard" commit so I think it's just a PST thing.

Even without Ellison (who really wanted TCU) this is still one of our best recruiting classes since the days of Buddy (Teevens) Ball.
And we've still got six weeks to land a couple more. And Fritz can probably hold out for quality.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Could be another Devin Glenn type? If so, lets hope he gets more run than Glenn has seen.
I think he's bigger than D. Glenn. Glenn was generously listed as 5'7". Booker is listed as 5'10".
Here's his hudl video. He's listed as a WR on Rivals, but a RB elsewhere. He plays both in the video. Seems to have good vision and will fight for the extra yardage. Also ran back kickoffs.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/ ... ker-188557
Houma de Wave
Swell

Wave755 wrote:
Wright is a "hard" commit so I think it's just a PST thing.quote]

Wright just signed.

Again, just repeating from Guerry's Wave Report, we signed:
3 DT's
2 DE's
1 LB
4 DB's
1 QB
2 WR's
3 RB's
1 TE
4 OL's
1 Punter

This is the most balanced (by position) class we've had in a long, long time.
anEngineer
Riptide

What does the Fritz-doesn't-know-what-he's-doing crowd have to say?
Dupergreenie
Surge

anEngineer wrote:What does the Fritz-doesn't-know-what-he's-doing crowd have to say?
Lost a 2 * RB to crap SEC school.... lost kid 24 hours after he committed.... no 4/5* recruits.... come on man you should know better by now.
Dupergreenie
Surge

I am curious as to the Ellison flip. 24 hours to commit then sign with another team is odd. Either way best of luck to him.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Dupergreenie wrote:I am curious as to the Ellison flip. 24 hours to commit then sign with another team is odd. Either way best of luck to him.
Just tells me he really wasn't sold on us, otherwise he would have committed Sunday, not Monday. No big deal.
Jaxwave
Swell

Need LBs