Wave Survives Nicholls St. 76-69

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Tulane showing rust.... trails 14-2
galvezwave
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:Tulane showing rust.... trails 14-2

Worst 5 minutes of Tulane basketball I've ever seen
galvezwave
Swell

28-45 at half :roll:
JerseyWave
Riptide

We look terrible tonight. Bad shooting, sloppy with the ball, no defense. Losing to Nichols by 19 in the first half. This team looked so good in November. What happened?
netshorty
Surge

galvezwave wrote:28-45 at half :roll:
May be one of the worst halves of basketball I've ever seen including several games from last year.
GreenLantern
Riptide

galvezwave wrote:28-45 at half :roll:
Disturbing... Nicholls playing as if they expect to win. Their play would indicate they are the superior team.

We’ll not win a single conference game playing like this.

Oh well, the halftime bear toss was a success.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Finally... signs of life
GreenLantern
Riptide

Lazarus basketball
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wave comes from behind in the second half to win, 76-69. Nicholls St went 10 minutes without a bucket.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
netshorty
Surge

Could be the definition of a really good bad win. Definitely D'd up and played a good second half.
galvezwave
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:Lazarus basketball
A second half we can live with . Out scored em 48-24.
oliveandblue
Surge

Conroy does not win this game. The bad sign is that this team gets sloppy with the ball and lacks a true leader.
puffy
Surge

Cornish really stepped up in the second half. He was responsible for some real sloppy turnovers, but was the difference offensively. If he, Reynolds and Frazier can be consistent, the Wave will be a tough out in most of the conference games.
Show Me
Tsunami

oliveandblue wrote:Conroy does not win this game. The bad sign is that this team gets sloppy with the ball and lacks a true leader.
Can we finally move on from Conroy? It’s a dumb statement and is unprovable either way. We played a terrible 1st half and Nicholls St played a terrible 2nd half. We lose this game if we play any other team in the AAC.
Last edited by Show Me on Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
netshorty
Surge

puffy wrote:Cornish really stepped up in the second half. He was responsible for some real sloppy turnovers, but was the difference offensively. If he, Reynolds and Frazier can be consistent, the Wave will be a tough out in most of the conference games.
He makes me extremely nervous every time he touches the ball... He's shot poorly for the most part and is out of control and turns the ball over way to much. 9 turnovers all by himself tonight that lead to alot of transition baskets... But he did provide an offensive spark...

Sehic didn't see the court the 2nd half... Partly due to Paul playing some good D, partly because of his struggles at the rim the 1st half...
GreenLantern
Riptide

puffy wrote:Cornish really stepped up in the second half. He was responsible for some real sloppy turnovers, but was the difference offensively. If he, Reynolds and Frazier can be consistent, the Wave will be a tough out in most of the conference games.
Coach Dunleavy remarked after the game that Cornish almost got a double double (9 turnovers and 18 points). A little sarcastic reminder from the coach to tighten up.
GreenLantern
Riptide

puffy wrote: Sehic didn't see the court the 2nd half... Partly due to Paul playing some good D, partly because of his struggles at the rim the 1st half...
Sehic gives credence to the statement that 'white men can't jump'.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thank goodness for the comeback. Frazier hustled all night. Paul really came through with his D, rebounding and blocking and altering of shots. Hopefully he's finally reaching a point of being able to consistently contribute. I hope the team is still at the gym shooting FT's.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Nicholls missed 17 shots in a row in the 2nd half. A27-point turnaround from when we were down 50-30 in the early part of the second half. Ona Embo was practicing shooting beyond the arc after the game.
Show Me
Tsunami

Houma de Wave wrote:Nicholls missed 17 shots in a row in the 2nd half. A27-point turnaround from when we were down 50-30 in the early part of the second half. Ona Embo was practicing shooting beyond the arc after the game.
They are one bad bunch. It’s hard to miss 17 shots in a row trying to miss.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Puffy, sorry, but the term "a tough out" refers to a team in a tournament. It doesn't work for regular season conference play. The only tournament this team makes is the AAC tournament.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
puffy
Surge

DfromCT wrote:
Puffy, sorry, but the term "a tough out" refers to a team in a tournament. It doesn't work for regular season conference play. The only tournament this team makes is the AAC tournament.
DFromCT So I had to look this up, and you're for the most part right that the term "a tough out" in basketball is used in reference to teams in tournament play.

But, correctly or incorrectly, it's been previously used in single game descriptors:

https://articles.cleveland.com/osu/2017 ... tler_r.amp

Reference item #4 in this article.

https://books.google.com/books?id=qpSrt ... ll&f=false

Harvard vs Penn basketball.

I used the term to suggest that if Tulane's 3 best players play well, they will be competitive in most of their conference games. I have no ideas of grandeur that The Wave are a NCAA tourney team.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Down 20, the team won a game we’re supposed to win.

In spite of the students bolting for the holidays, the crowd was loud and into it because of the huge comeback win. It was great to hear that kind of volume in Devlin/Fogleman
Bigschtick
Riptide

Houma de Wave wrote:Down 20, the team won a game we’re supposed to win.

In spite of the students bolting for the holidays, the crowd was loud and into it because of the huge comeback win. It was great to hear that kind of volume in Devlin/Fogleman

The crowd looked decent on TV. I wished I had stayed tuned in a bit longer. It was mostly depressing. Great we got the victory and the crowd woke up.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!