pete Finney

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
glennc
Low Tide

Has Tulane winning 7 games next year and the idiots at the yogw are all excited. does anyone in their right mind really think this team can win 7 games next year because i don't.

NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Do I think we can? Yes. Do I think we will? No.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I will make my prediciton for next season now...5 wins max with at least 2 by less that 3 points..And I would not be suprised to Southeastern win this year
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
JTLiuzza
Swell

I hope we do. That would increase my game day enjoyment factor by about a billion percent. Will we? I don't know but it would be great to ask Pete Finney if he would be willing to bet any money on it and see how he responds.

The institutional problems discussed here numerous times have to be scrapped before we can realistically expect 7 win seasons with any kind of regularity (reference football record over last few decades).

As far as guys getting excited over a prognostication eight months before the season begins, when you're afraid to take a long hard look at systemic failure, and all you've got is smoke and mirrors, rumors, and lies about financial commitments and "big announcements," I suppose you'll get excited about anything. That's just how easy it is to string along that segment of what's left of the fan base.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
tnelly15
Riptide

I'm almost certain Finney writes the new year column half jokingly. No way he believes Lsu is in the national championship next year. Especially with their lone loss to Tennessee of all teams.
Green Wave
Swell

Ummmmmmm predicticting games before the schedule is complete? :roll: :roll:

Little early for all that bravado I would think. :mrgreen:
ROLL WAVE!
Bigschtick
Riptide

Who gives a crap what this guys thinks. No reason to believe that Toledo is capable of winning much of anything with his stupor methods. I just don't want to see Toledo split and that other halfwit Dickson hire the likes of Dodd, another "weekend at Bernies" style coach.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
TURVS71
Swell

7 wins would be nice but you have to remember that Finney writes this every year and mostly as a joke.
We will know IMMEDIATELY what will happen, just my opinion.

No way we win 7 WITHOUT correcting the special teams horrors.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Wavebacker
Ripple

I'll give the same response that I gave over there:

Five wins: SELA, UTEP, Memphis, @Rice, UAB (not completely confident in that)
Houston, Tulsa, ECU - Loss
Syracuse, @Duke, @SMU - edge to them
Army - Loss
Hawaii - hard to imagine a W in this spot.

It's still a long way off though.
IM42lane
Swell

Peter Finney writes this every year as a big joke. He does not take himself seriously when he makes these outlandish preds, so either take it all in as a good laugh or just ignore it if you are not in the mood for something funny.

I find some of his prediction stuff to be very amusing, so I look forward to this at the end each year to have a good chuckle. If you don't like it, then just ignore it.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
JDTulane
Riptide

Some of us post in both locations so calling 'ME' an idiot is the best way to have me not post here. This little yogwf vs gotula debate is childish and pathetic. Grow up. You're old.

THAT SAID! I predict we go undefeated every year. Realistically we win 5 games. I highly doubt we win 7! :lol:
RWR
Swell

JDTulane wrote:Some of us post in both locations so calling 'ME' an idiot is the best way to have me not post here. This little yogwf vs gotula debate is childish and pathetic. Grow up. You're old.
What's childish and pathetic is a site that is run by someone who flat out lies for the administration and bans anyone who dare cross the exalted ruler. They have banned more fans than what they have left posting on a regular basis. Like the Tulane Model it's the only site that operates the way it does and like the model it is a failure. Opposing fans love to read it b/c it gives them a good laugh.
JDTulane
Riptide

Great. So don't post there. I thought this was a Tulane sports forum not a Tulane fans bitching about another sports forum, forum.

I'm here to talk sports, Tulane, and ways to improve Tulane sports. I am not here to read off topic posts where 45+ year olds throw jabs.

So how about that Lisa Stockton? 400 wins sounds might fine. And Tulane plays Rice tonight! Link to listen in as always is:

http://den-a.plr.liquidcompass.net/stan ... ?id=WISTAM
RWR
Swell

It's the internet. Welcome to it.
JDTulane
Riptide

I like to think Tulane fans are better than the typical internet keyboard trolldom.

I guess I just don't get the reason of leaving one bored so you can speak of Tulane athletics freely only to get to the new one and spend half your post bitching about the old forum. Seems like energy would be better spent leaving it behind. :D
JTLiuzza
Swell

JDTulane wrote:Seems like energy would be better spent leaving it behind.
Good advice. You've already made your point a number of times.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
RWR
Swell

What you don't get is the animosity that board has caused among Tulane fans and for some it has been the last straw of their fandom. That site gives out more lifetime bans than murderer's and rapist get. As for the smug and arrogant attitude about Tulane being better than everybody else it just helps to minimize the fan base. Tulane athletics will only survive w/the support of fans who never attended a class there.
JDTulane
Riptide

1ndabag wrote:
JDTulane wrote:Seems like energy would be better spent leaving it behind.
Good advice. You've already made your point a number of times.
Someone responded. So I responded.
sader24
Tsunami

Most of us hate YOGWF because we've seen what it has done to the fanbase. Speaking in my own case I was "banned for life" for simply stating that Scelfo didn't have the team ready to play for the Houston game in 2006 I believe, a game in which we lost by 40 or so and a game in which several people I know who went to the game in Houston saw Scelfo and many members of the team laughing post-game. At the time that was the only place to talk Tulane athletics which is a huge part of being a college athletic fan. Being banned for no reason made me alot less of a Tulane fan and led to me not going to Tulane baseball games anymore after being a season ticket holder and skipping alot more football games than I ever did. JTS and that site have done alot to hurt Tulane athletics and have killed an already fragile fanbase. The sad thing is I know the Scelfo's and am pretty good friends with Anthony, so I got banned for saying something I've said to Anthony and something he didn't have a problem with or deny. I was simply stating a fact and that idiot banned me for it. Here are 2 more pointers for you:

1. If you want to improve Tulane sports and the fanbase, get rid of YOGWF and JTS. This website popping up has done more for my Tulane fandom than anything else in the last 5 years because I actually have somewhere to talk about it.

2. This might sound really mean and uncalled for, nobody gives a sh*t about Women's basketball and Lisa Stocktons 400 wins. People care about FOOTBALL. FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL. There is no successful athletic department without a good football team or a great MENS basketball team.......see DUKE. Everything and everybody should be focused on 1 thing (this goes for the administration, athletic department, fundraisers, booster clubs, and fans) ..........DRASTICALLY IMPROVE THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM ASAP OR ELSE.
JDTulane
Riptide

I would agree that thats pretty mean (with truth to it). YOU/the average may not care about it but some others DO and do strongly. Womens sports = necessary to have mens sports. Men aren't the only ones who donate to TAF.

But I do agree that either men's basketball or football should be focused on heavily and built into a powerhouse. Every school needs at least one super program and Tulane has a hump of mediocrity.

Lisa and the team should be celebrated or she'll leave, the team will suffer, and Tulane will have NOTHING to hang its hat on. MBB recruits will at least LOOK at Lisa's team and think, well at least basketball at Tulane is serious... even if it is the womens team. Then you sign em up and MBB gets big. (with $, a good coach, hard work, Cowen or our replacement pushing, etc.)
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

JDTulane wrote:I like to think Tulane fans are better than the typical internet keyboard trolldom.

I guess I just don't get the reason of leaving one bored so you can speak of Tulane athletics freely only to get to the new one and spend half your post bitching about the old forum. Seems like energy would be better spent leaving it behind. :D
Because it needs to be said. YOGWF deletes and bans opposing thoughts and many people don't realize this happens.

It's important that people know that there are two sides to the story, not the single side that isn't deleted by those hypocrites. They are part of the problem right now and that's worth discussing.
IM42lane
Swell

I am NEVER going to be a Chris Scelfo fan, ever. I will never forget the one time he talked to me like I was an orphan child. NEVER will forget that.
sader24 wrote:Most of us hate YOGWF because we've seen what it has done to the fanbase. Speaking in my own case I was "banned for life" for simply stating that Scelfo didn't have the team ready to play for the Houston game in 2006 I believe, a game in which we lost by 40 or so and a game in which several people I know who went to the game in Houston saw Scelfo and many members of the team laughing post-game. At the time that was the only place to talk Tulane athletics which is a huge part of being a college athletic fan. Being banned for no reason made me alot less of a Tulane fan and led to me not going to Tulane baseball games anymore after being a season ticket holder and skipping alot more football games than I ever did. JTS and that site have done alot to hurt Tulane athletics and have killed an already fragile fanbase. The sad thing is I know the Scelfo's and am pretty good friends with Anthony, so I got banned for saying something I've said to Anthony and something he didn't have a problem with or deny. I was simply stating a fact and that idiot banned me for it. Here are 2 more pointers for you:

1. If you want to improve Tulane sports and the fanbase, get rid of YOGWF and JTS. This website popping up has done more for my Tulane fandom than anything else in the last 5 years because I actually have somewhere to talk about it.

2. This might sound really mean and uncalled for, nobody gives a sh*t about Women's basketball and Lisa Stocktons 400 wins. People care about FOOTBALL. FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL. There is no successful athletic department without a good football team or a great MENS basketball team.......see DUKE. Everything and everybody should be focused on 1 thing (this goes for the administration, athletic department, fundraisers, booster clubs, and fans) ..........DRASTICALLY IMPROVE THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM ASAP OR ELSE.

Yes, we MUST improve football, but do not knock down what Lisa Stockton has done here over the years. 400 wins over a coaching career is quite a milestone, no matter what the sport.

Would we have anything to hang onto right now if Rick Jones and baseball did not win as much as they have? That is important too. I would not be a fan of any TU athletics if baseball did not pick up my spirits in the spring. Of course, the fans want a return to what we had around here before Katrina including me. Hopefully a return to postseason in baseball will keep the "FIRE RICK" hounds away in 2011.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere