AAC Potential non conference upsets 2019

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I think American teams could win 5-6 of these games. I think cinci gets spanked by Ohio, Houston loses to Oklahoma, Wisconsin crushes USF, and the other games are winnable.

Top Ten American Athletic Non-Conference Games

1. Cincinnati at Ohio State, Sept. 7
2. Stanford at UCF, Sept. 14
3. UCLA at Cincinnati, Aug. 29
4. Houston vs. Washington State (in Houston), Sept. 13
5. Houston at Oklahoma, Aug. 31
6. Wisconsin at USF, Aug. 30
7. UCF at Pitt, Sept. 21
8. Ole Miss at Memphis, Aug. 31
9. USF at Georgia Tech, Sept. 7
10. Houston at North Texas Sept. 28

This list was from CFN and was pretty lazy. Temple has both Georgia tech & Maryland at home this year and they could win either of those games. Fiu vs Tulane is a pretty big game as many expert have fiu wining their conference. Tulane Auburn is a far more winnable game than our games vs Ohio state and Oklahoma.

RobertM320
Green Wave

Hard to believe that Houston at N Texas is a bigger AAC non-conf game than Tulane at Auburn.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:00 pm Hard to believe that Houston at N Texas is a bigger AAC non-conf game than Tulane at Auburn.
Or even a bigger game than a rising FIU @ Tulane.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

there are 10 games listed.. I think the AAC can win 6 of those games.
.Stanford -UCF
UCLA-Cincy
Wazzu - UH.
UCF - Pitt
USF - Ga Tech
UH- No Tex
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Their exclusion of us shows they don't think much of us. Also their saying that we will have to sweat it out to go to a Bowl also shows their lack of respect. Hopefully we can instill some confidence in them after the season.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Agreed. I think that their writer was just lazy or incompetent, apparently if you aren’t cinci, UH, Ucf, Memphis or USF you’re not playing interesting football. Those are the only teams listed. No Tulane, No temple( playing Maryland), no navy (playing notre dame), no Smu (playing tcu). All of which are far more interesting than North Texas vs houston.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:41 am I think American teams could win 5-6 of these games. I think cinci gets spanked by Ohio, Houston loses to Oklahoma, Wisconsin crushes USF, and the other games are winnable.

Top Ten American Athletic Non-Conference Games

1. Cincinnati at Ohio State, Sept. 7
2. Stanford at UCF, Sept. 14
3. UCLA at Cincinnati, Aug. 29
4. Houston vs. Washington State (in Houston), Sept. 13
5. Houston at Oklahoma, Aug. 31
6. Wisconsin at USF, Aug. 30
7. UCF at Pitt, Sept. 21
8. Ole Miss at Memphis, Aug. 31
9. USF at Georgia Tech, Sept. 7
10. Houston at North Texas Sept. 28

This list was from CFN and was pretty lazy. Temple has both Georgia tech & Maryland at home this year and they could win either of those games. Fiu vs Tulane is a pretty big game as many expert have fiu wining their conference. Tulane Auburn is a far more winnable game than our games vs Ohio state and Oklahoma.
Bicoastal, can you please post a link? I searched the CFN site and could not find this article.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97
Swell

A little quiet on Tulane prospects. Locker room material for the breakthrough that will come in 2020. We play Auburn well next year & we defeat Northwestern & Army in 2020 (finish 9-3).
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I don’t think it’s impossible we shock auburn. I think we’re going to score ALOT of points next year. They will take us for granted and our DL should make a leap this year. When you can pressure a QB good things happen.

Also which auburn team will we face: a playoff contender or a run of the mill team ? We can beat the latter
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We should have a real chance in that game. Auburn at this time is not of the caliber of Oklahoma or Ohio St..
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Profoundwizard
Swell

I agree that they won’t be on the level of those teams but we still probably don’t have much of a chance.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

My preliminary analysis of TULANE's schedule:

Wins:
Missouri State
UConn
Navy
Tulsa

Losses:
Auburn
UCF

Toss Up:
FIU
Houston
Army
Memphis
Temple
SMU

If we can go 3-3 in the last category, that brings us to 7-5. Anything better this coming season would show we're a program that's truly on the rise. I don't think it's a given we go bowling, but there's just as much chance for 8+ wins as there is for 6 or fewer. IF we were to beat Auburn at Auburn, I'd revise my prediction to 9 wins!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

**IF** we beat Auburn @ Auburn, we’ll be favorites at home to beat UCF and Yulman will be slammed & rockin!

If this were to come to fruition this would be one of the happiest days of my life ! My new happy place that I’ll visit anytime someone mentions Tulane basketball.

I wouldn’t bet on us beating Auburn, but I would place a wager on us beating UCF or taking them down to the wire. That’s my upset pick of the year.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:36 pm My preliminary analysis of TULANE's schedule:

Wins:
Missouri State
UConn
Navy
Tulsa

Losses:
Auburn
UCF

Toss Up:
FIU
Houston
Army
Memphis
Temple
SMU

If we can go 3-3 in the last category, that brings us to 7-5. Anything better this coming season would show we're a program that's truly on the rise. I don't think it's a given we go bowling, but there's just as much chance for 8+ wins as there is for 6 or fewer. IF we were to beat Auburn at Auburn, I'd revise my prediction to 9 wins!
I feel good about us beating smu. The FIU and Temple games will be much more challenging then people are giving them credit for. If we pound fiu we should feel real good about getting to 8-9 wins.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:32 pm **IF** we beat Auburn @ Auburn, we’ll be favorites at home to beat UCF and Yulman will be slammed & rockin!

Do you realize that the UCF game is more than 2 months after the Auburn game?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:36 pm
I feel good about us beating smu. The FIU and Temple games will be much more challenging then people are giving them credit for. If we pound fiu we should feel real good about getting to 8-9 wins.
I consider it (SMU) a toss up b/c they've won the last two, and have a big upgrade at QB and are in year 2 with their coach. Pounding FIU would be huge and set the tone, but Butch Davis is every bit the coach that Willie Fritz is, and that's no easy game. I agree we have a decent shot at 8 or 9, but could also easily only win 5.
nawlinspete
Riptide

This thread challenges the t Lee thread for stupidity....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
ajcalhoun
Swell

If we beat Auburn at Auburn both schools may be looking for a new coach next year.
God Bless Everyone!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:47 pm This thread challenges the t Lee thread for stupidity....

I think that’s the first comment in this thread I would measure as stupid
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

ajcalhoun wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:58 pm If we beat Auburn at Auburn both schools may be looking for a new coach next year.
This is correct.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Profoundwizard wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:41 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:32 pm **IF** we beat Auburn @ Auburn, we’ll be favorites at home to beat UCF and Yulman will be slammed & rockin!

I do realize that. So if we beat Auburn you don’t think we would be a favorite and likely ranked heading into a home game against UCF ? If we beat Auburn that would speak volumes about our team and quality of play and would likely mean we smoke most of the teams on our schedule (we likely would be favored in every game moving outside of Potentially @ army, @ Memphis).
Profoundwizard
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:35 pm
Profoundwizard wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:41 pm

I do realize that. So if we beat Auburn you don’t think we would be a favorite and likely ranked heading into a home game against UCF ? If we beat Auburn that would speak volumes about our team and quality of play and would likely mean we smoke most of the teams on our schedule (we likely would be favored in every game moving outside of Potentially @ army, @ Memphis).
I think those are some big assumptions. 1 win against Auburn isn’t going to have a great impact on the spread of the rest of the games.

I’ll tell you right now, we’ll be underdogs against Houston and @ Temple regardless of the results @ Auburn.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:47 pm This thread challenges the t Lee thread for stupidity....
As does every post by pete