Gumby Social Aid & Pleasure Club (GSAPC)

Bibendum Non Sibi, Sed Suis - "Drinking not for one's self but for one's own!"
JDTulane
Riptide

85 people came to our last event! Was great. Met lots of great fans.

We'll be tailgating on the garage this week! Hopefully with our new banner n flag waving!

JDTulane
Riptide

Walk Ons was awesome! We had ~85 people show. Ed Conroy and some of his assistants made an appearance. About 40-50 or so people between the ages of 21-35 (not including ---->)and then some athletics people and staff came. Randomly about 5 Jesuit kids were there hah but I believe their parents brought them. Everyone safely made the tipsy walk to the Dome!

Here is the last group to leave (we were late >.<). I forgot to take pictures otherwise. I'll have to ask Ashley P. if she got any good ones.

JDTulane
Riptide

New blog up yall! Pics from DatDog for Devon, first fb game, tailgates, Walkons, stadium pics, and more!! Also info for September so look it over!

http://gsapc.blogspot.com/2013/09/footb ... -here.html
JDTulane
Riptide

weekday makes it tough but we'll be at brunos for their watch party tonight. next time w/ the greenbackers? :D
JDTulane
Riptide

A few things... this Saturday (as in gameday, not tomorrow) will be a watch party at my house for the Tulane vs. Syracuse game. All invited! I have ESPN 3 so we'll hook my laptop up to the tv and hope it doesn't skip. Also here is our logo for the game and also our new banner with club motto:

JDTulane
Riptide

We will be celebrating the homecoming win tonight at Roberts bar 8PM. All are welcome to join us.
JDTulane
Riptide

Another opportunity to tailgate! YES!!!!!!!!!!!

JDTulane
Riptide

Going to San Antonio? WE ARE! We'll be driving to Austin the night before to have a helluva hullabaloo and then after going to San Antonio to enjoy UTSA gettin whalloped. Figured I would throw this out there now so people can plan and get excited!:

http://alumni.tulane.edu/s/1586/Alumni/ ... calcid=664
JDTulane
Riptide

JDTulane
Riptide

We're still here! Happy November yall. Some of us are lucky enough to be making the trek down to meet up with the Austin branch. Roll Wave!

Also here is a preview for our new site that launches soon.... teaser!: http://gumbysapc.com/
JDTulane
Riptide

Our bowl plans:

8am Nola Bowl Race
11-2pm Alumni Brunch @ House of Blues
2pm-Gametime tailgate either @Dome on garage 1 if they let us or where we tailgate Saints games. :)

24 signed up so far. Let me know if you'd like to join for any of these events.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JDTulane wrote:Our bowl plans:

8am Nola Bowl Race
11-2pm Alumni Brunch @ House of Blues
2pm-Gametime tailgate either @Dome on garage 1 if they let us or where we tailgate Saints games. :)

24 signed up so far. Let me know if you'd like to join for any of these events.
What, you guys are not going to squeeze in the men's basketball game? They play at home at 3pm on the 21st..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
JDTulane
Riptide

If we were undefeated we would probably go till halftime... but since we're playing ITT Tech and they're favored by 14 -_-
RobertM320
Green Wave

Look JD, the ULL site is reading your tweets!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
GumbySAPC (@GumbySAPC) tweeted at 1:17 AM on Sat, Dec 14, 2013:

IT'S BOWL WEEK Y'ALL! #BOWLWAVE #TULANE #BEATULL
Be a Tull? I wonder what that means
JDTulane
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote:Look JD, the ULL site is reading your tweets!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
GumbySAPC (@GumbySAPC) tweeted at 1:17 AM on Sat, Dec 14, 2013:

IT'S BOWL WEEK Y'ALL! #BOWLWAVE #TULANE #BEATULL
Be a Tull? I wonder what that means

hah! I know they're likely kidding but it made me laugh
JDTulane
Riptide

Realized I haven't been updating this! But we've been busy growing numbers and have had quite a few events over the summer. Just got done throwing a Running of the Bulls get together and World Cup event back to back.

New blog up after a non sports season break (let's face it, basketball and baseball didn't have anything blog worthy!)
http://gsapc.blogspot.com/

Our membership has doubled since football season. We're sitting at a solid 20-25 active members in the offseason but as always football will see that increase. Lots of football tailgate only members. Especially when we win.

New club groups for this fall:
Weekly running group, Gumby Running Club
Ultimate Frisbee league team

We have a new treasurer in Libby Creim who will be doing our new koozie/shirt/sunglasses line. If you're interested in purchasing hit us up!
Website still a conundrum -_-
Roll Wave
JDTulane
Riptide

Also Matt Forte just liked our last facebook shoutout... so why didn't you? Roll Wave 8) 8)

https://www.facebook.com/gsapc

We're organizing a block of seating in the young alum zone so if you want to sit with us, let me know!
JDTulane
Riptide

MORE good news. Learned our Gumby member and GAPSA president Danny Sullivan has secured a keg for each game this season IN the stadium >:D
JDTulane
Riptide

Last week we had Matt Forte on our page and this week Drew Brees tweet/replies at us !!

He and Matt Forte following us... are you?!
JDTulane
Riptide

10 new members in July and we've added a weekly Beer n Yoga trip to Nola Brewery. If any of you old fogeys like yoga andor beer, welcome to join us for some Broga https://m.facebook.com/events/585885068195503/
JDTulane
Riptide

T Shirt Time! Available for purchase to non members for $15 each or free to dues paying members.

Also will have koozies for sale at the football season opener!
JTLiuzza
Swell

JD what made you go with that as your motto?
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
JDTulane
Riptide

A joke off of Tulane's motto "Non Sibi Sed Suis". We don't take ourselves TOO seriously so we added "drinking" to the beginning of "Not for one's self but for one's own". A lot of our events are service oriented and there aint no shame in enjoying a daiquiri while you help others :D Plus we're a young alum club and Tulane grad base so most of us drink
JTLiuzza
Swell

JDTulane wrote:A joke off of Tulane's motto "Non Sibi Sed Suis". We don't take ourselves TOO seriously so we added "drinking" to the beginning of "Not for one's self but for one's own". A lot of our events are service oriented and there aint no shame in enjoying a daiquiri while you help others :D Plus we're a young alum club and Tulane grad base so most of us drink
:cheers:
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
JDTulane
Riptide

Interested in joining? Showing your QB skills? Beer? The Saints? Sno Balls? Kickball? Kickball + Beer? BBQing? The Fly? Then join us Aug 23rd at the Fly for a welcome back to old members, welcome welcome to new members, and a chance to join for those on the fence. :)