Cincy knocks off unbeaten #1 Louisville in BB

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

6-3
UL came in 19-0 and ranked #1
USF killing it at 20-1 congrats to Mark Kingston.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The conference had a good night. As for USF that record is impressive but one might want to look at their schedule. Even we would have a winning record against it. :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:The conference had a good night. As for USF that record is impressive but one might want to look at their schedule. Even we would have a winning record against it. :mrgreen:
Maybe so but still #13 RPI for USF.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:The conference had a good night. As for USF that record is impressive but one might want to look at their schedule. Even we would have a winning record against it. :mrgreen:
Way too early for RPI to be meaningful. That record hasn't gotten them ranked.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

USF strength of schedule: 131
Tulane strength of schedule: 177

USF played FSU and beat them. For weeks that was FSU's only loss (until they were ranked #1 and then went 1-4).

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2017/sos
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

One game on a schedule full Of Valpo., Villanova, Harvard, Miami of Oh. and so on. They have played a weak schedule. I'm not saying they won't urn out to be a good team but it's hard to judge based on that schedule.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
I would disagree. Already more than 1/3 of the season played is a decent amount for an RPI to be meaningful. I much rather be #13 than #223 now.
It's also much easier to stay around #13 than to move up 210 spots by the end of the year.
I agree so far their schedule hasn't been impressive. But they have taken care of business regardless to be 20-1 at this stage.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:One game on a schedule full Of Valpo., Villanova, Harvard, Miami of Oh. and so on. They have played a weak schedule. I'm not saying they won't urn out to be a good team but it's hard to judge based on that schedule.
Throw in Florida Gulf Coast, Florida, and a weekend series against Miami. Their schedule has been tougher than ours; if we had gone 20-1 playing our schedule and were ranked ahead of them, they'd have a legitimate complaint. But we don't have to worry about that at 8-13.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
I would disagree. Already more than 1/3 of the season played is a decent amount for an RPI to be meaningful. I much rather be #13 than #223 now.
It's also much easier to stay around #13 than to move up 210 spots by the end of the year.
I agree so far their schedule hasn't been impressive. But they have taken care of business regardless to be 20-1 at this stage.
We'll have to agree to disagree about it not being meaningful yet. Most that follow it deem it unreliable this early on. We do agree that it's a weak schedule designed to get wins after two below par years there.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:One game on a schedule full Of Valpo., Villanova, Harvard, Miami of Oh. and so on. They have played a weak schedule. I'm not saying they won't urn out to be a good team but it's hard to judge based on that schedule.
Throw in Florida Gulf Coast, Florida, and a weekend series against Miami. Their schedule has been tougher than ours; if we had gone 20-1 playing our schedule and were ranked ahead of them, they'd have a legitimate complaint. But we don't have to worry about that at 8-13.
They played a weekend series against Miami OF OHIO not Miami,Fl.. They played NORTH FLORIDA not Florida. It's weak schedule.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Well USF hadn't played anybody in a weekend series. Until now. Down goes USF.