UConn Lady Huskies

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Up on the #5 Seed, (15th ranked team in the nation) Mississippi State 61-12 at the half. One of the most dominating performances I've seen in a basketball game of either gender. Playing like this, the Lady Huskies could probably beat some of the bottom 100 in men's D1. Their ball movement and defense is unbelievable.

To put it in perspective, playing in one of the best conferences in D1 Women's basketball, MSU gave up 55 ppg. UConn has 61 at the half.

If anyone else cares, notice the crowd at Bridgeport. The game is a sellout. The capacity for basketball is probably 12,000. I know it holds 10,000 for hockey. I have refereed many hockey games there (but never in front of anything close to a sell out.)

The MSU Coach must want to crawl under a rock right now. What do you tell your team when you're down 49 at the half? I guess you tell them to enjoy the fact that they're playing one of the best NCAA women's basketball teams of all time. Right there with a few other UConn teams, and a few of Pat Summitt's Tennessee teams.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

No doubt one of the greatest teams in history. When firing on all cylinders no one can get within 40 points of them.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981