TCU in, Houston and UCF out

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
McWave
High Tide

That’s BS. TCU has RPI at 59. Houston and UCF in the 40s. I guess the Russian judges are on the selection committee know. Tell me how I am wrong. TCU is in as an at large, correct?

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

McWave wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:42 pm That’s BS. TCU has RPI at 59. Houston and UCF in the 40s. I guess the Russian judges are on the selection committee know. Tell me how I am wrong. TCU is in as an at large, correct?
The Chairman was asked about TCU and he said many of their players are finally back from injuries. I can’t remember much else. The RPI is just one thing they consider.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:11 pm
McWave wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 6:42 pm That’s BS. TCU has RPI at 59. Houston and UCF in the 40s. I guess the Russian judges are on the selection committee know. Tell me how I am wrong. TCU is in as an at large, correct?
The Chairman was asked about TCU and he said many of their players are finally back from injuries. I can’t remember much else. The RPI is just one thing they consider.
They focused on top 50 wins over rpi. TCU has a competitive advantage in the B12 with more opportunities. They also have a great track record, something TU enjoyed for years.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

They also destroyed OU in the Big 12 tournament.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
McWave
High Tide

HoustonWave wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:25 pm
They also destroyed OU in the Big 12 tournament.
So if TU fired its coaching staff and hired a new staff, the chairman would include Tulane because we now have good leadership. I guess not. That is total BS. The 59 RPI reflects those wins against OU. Did OU not make the tournament because they lost so bad. Just make up whatever you want. I guess it’s raining lemonade today. More likely OU was preparing their rotation for the tournament and didn’t care as much about winning the conference tourney. Is the chairman that stupid? No. Anyone who believes his explanation is. Just ranting ....no response needed. Just tired of the P5 bs.
McWave
High Tide

More ranting....So ECU has a 10 national seed but an RPI of #5. Louisville has a 7 national seed but an RPI of #9. So should ECU and Louisville win there hosted regionals, ECU is going to Louisville for the Super.....more NCAA BS.

More on TCU, so they crushed OU in the Big 12 tourney. OU's RPI is 43 and has a losing conference record 11-13.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

McWave wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:37 pm More ranting....So ECU has a 10 national seed but an RPI of #5. Louisville has a 7 national seed but an RPI of #9. So should ECU and Louisville win there hosted regionals, ECU is going to Louisville for the Super.....more NCAA BS.

More on TCU, so they crushed OU in the Big 12 tourney. OU's RPI is 43 and has a losing conference record 11-13.
ECU lost 3 of their last 4 going into the NCAA’s. The committee will use that against you if you’re a G5.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

McWave wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:37 pm More ranting....So ECU has a 10 national seed but an RPI of #5. Louisville has a 7 national seed but an RPI of #9. So should ECU and Louisville win there hosted regionals, ECU is going to Louisville for the Super.....more NCAA BS.

Breaking News!!! The P5 schools get treated better than G5 schools--shocker. The other lesson in all this is quit relying so much on the RPI--it's largely a BS index--just one more subjective rating. Sounds like the NCAA put more emphasis on late season momentum than on much of anything else. In the end, who cares, we have bigger problems right here in Tulane baseball. When the day comes that we might even sniff a Regional, maybe then we can worry about who the NCAA is picking and not picking.
McWave
High Tide

HoustonWave wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:39 pm

Breaking News!!! The P5 schools get treated better than G5 schools--shocker. The other lesson in all this is quit relying so much on the RPI--it's largely a BS index--just one more subjective rating. Sounds like the NCAA put more emphasis on late season momentum than on much of anything else. In the end, who cares, we have bigger problems right here in Tulane baseball. When the day comes that we might even sniff a Regional, maybe then we can worry about who the NCAA is picking and not picking.
Maybe it matters because two of the teams left out where from the AAC. And the other school slighted for a national seed also plays for the AAC. I would like to see our conference get what it earns, not the P5 cronyism. The NCAA makes up a story to fit their agenda. So this time it’s last three games for TCU. They didn’t win their tournament.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

McWave wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:48 pm

Maybe it matters because two of the teams left out where from the AAC. And the other school slighted for a national seed also plays for the AAC. I would like to see our conference get what it earns, not the P5 cronyism. The NCAA makes up a story to fit their agenda. So this time it’s last three games for TCU. They didn’t win their tournament.
This was a down year for AAC baseball. The debate throughout the season was wether we would get 2 or 3 teams into the Regionals. We got three in, despite ECU’s tournament flop, and Cincy and UConn got in because UH and Tulane both belly flopped—that’s not the NCAA’s fault.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

McWave wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:48 pm

Read the baseball america article. The RPI formula was wacky this year, may need to b adjusted.
Is there a bias to the big boys, probably. But that is the reality in all sports.