AAC voted NO in adding an additional paid baseball coach

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

AAC voted no in adding a 3rd paid baseball coach, but all the university's ADs voted "yes" for it. Looks like the AAC went rogue at the official ballot box and voted against the ADs choice not representing them. Pretty crazy, and unprecedented i would think. Will be interesting to see what happens. Something to follow. Click on Kendals tweet, he has several more discussing his thoughts on his feed.

Looks like all the NCAA conference voted yes for adding the coach except for 2, the big 12 and big 10 and potentially the AAC unless they can get it changed.

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

So the AD's voted one way and the University Presidents voted against their wishes?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

DfromCT wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:32 pm So the AD's voted one way and the University Presidents voted against their wishes?
The way i understand it is that the 8 ADs of AAC all voted yes. Then the AAC representative that was required to submit the vote, went rogue and submitted that the conference voted no on the official ballot. It was intentional and not a mistake. The AAC submitted a response confirming the vote that i included above in the tweet. The AAC rep is looking like it was the associate ad of university of Cincinnati. What a racket.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RollWaveRoll wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:03 pm
DfromCT wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:32 pm So the AD's voted one way and the University Presidents voted against their wishes?
The way i understand it is that the 8 ADs of AAC all voted yes. Then the AAC representative that was required to submit the vote, went rogue and submitted that the conference voted no on the official ballot. It was intentional and not a mistake. The AAC submitted a response confirming the vote that i included above in the tweet. The AAC rep is looking like it was the associate ad of university of Cincinnati. What a racket.
The AD's AND Presidents should call for that person's job, and change their vote. That's just wrong.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

How did President Fitts vote?
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981