Arron Fitt D1 Baseball Poll

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
McWave
High Tide

D1 baseball leaves UConn out of their top 25 poll after taking 2/3 from the D1 preseason #4 (Louisville) on the road. D1 didn’t drop any of their original top 25 out of their poll afte4 week one. How does that happen? I don’t buy into the “its early” crap. It’s a poll that should adjust with results not writers opinions. But I guess D1 wants to keeps it viewer numbers up. So ole crap.

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

McWave wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:22 pm D1 baseball leaves UConn out of their top 25 poll after taking 2/3 from the D1 preseason #4 (Louisville) on the road. D1 didn’t drop any of their original top 25 out of their poll afte4 week one. How does that happen? I don’t buy into the “its early” crap. It’s a poll that should adjust with results not writers opinions. But I guess D1 wants to keeps it viewer numbers up. So ole crap.
I totally get your point. But the games were not played at Louisville, the games were played in Lakeland, FL. And Louisville is #4 in one poll, #8 in another. As long as teams keep winning these things tend to straighten themselves out. Sure there's a P5 bias, but it's not as strong as the season progresses with 4-5x the number of games as it is in Football.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Profoundwizard
Swell

McWave wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:22 pm D1 baseball leaves UConn out of their top 25 poll after taking 2/3 from the D1 preseason #4 (Louisville) on the road. D1 didn’t drop any of their original top 25 out of their poll afte4 week one. How does that happen? I don’t buy into the “its early” crap. It’s a poll that should adjust with results not writers opinions. But I guess D1 wants to keeps it viewer numbers up. So ole crap.
It’s a 3 game sample size of baseball , if D1 dropped teams out of the top 25 after 3 games, then they probably didn’t feel very strongly about the rankings to begin with. The polls are based on both the opinions of the writers and the results. If you don’t like it, then don’t look at them, in the grand scheme of things they don’t really mean anything.
McWave
High Tide

Thanks for the advice PW but I think I can manage the D1 bias without having to ignore it. I just found it Interesting. If UConn was a P5, I am sure they would have been in the list after the weekend. Kinda like recruiting stars when players move up for P5 offers and down for G5. (Thanks for the neutral site clarification.).