UConn Athletic Dept Generates $40M But...

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
cajunfanatico
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:59 am
nawlinspete wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:39 am Ban the trolls fanatico and dfromstorrs .
D is not a troll by any definition of the word.

You might have a case for calling fanatico a troll but he does bring some positives.

Both are better posters than you.
Okay, I'm listening, make the case for calling me a troll.

ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
ajcalhoun
Swell

cajunfanatico wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:24 am Okay, I'm listening, make the case for calling me a troll.
Well, I was defending you but apparently you have taken umbrage at my qualifier.

Much of the time you interject into threads some unnecessary (and unwanted) reference to UL-L or the Sunbelt Conference. Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.

I'm more patient than pete and 755 but it wouldn't hurt you here to stay in your lane.
God Bless Everyone!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

ajcalhoun wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:16 am
cajunfanatico wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:24 am Okay, I'm listening, make the case for calling me a troll.
Well, I was defending you but apparently you have taken umbrage at my qualifier.

Much of the time you interject into threads some unnecessary (and unwanted) reference to UL-L or the Sunbelt Conference. Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.

I'm more patient than pete and 755 but it wouldn't hurt you here to stay in your lane.
I got a good chuckle from this post
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:50 am
Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:58 am There are any articles from the Uconn perspective with similar sentiments. They are uneducated “hot takes” to stir the fan base from nonsense local writers. They yearn for “glory days” big east basketball. They don’t understand athletics and despise the America for its non traditional non east coast collection of teams. All they want to do is play PC/Seton Hall/Villanova and “traditional” rivals again. The fans have a hard time understanding how low the ceilings are on these programs. They do love to rag on us for “breaking up the big east”. I am looking forward to us getting $8-10m and laughing at these tiny cathlic schools.

I also lpve their hipacroasy for being higher education institutrions when their students from the AAU barely go to school and they pay off families and they produce such wonderful leaders of young men like Rick Pitino. What a classy guy that Rick Pitino.
As recently as 3 years ago, UConn was tied with Tulane in the USN&WR rankings. They're in the top 60 in the nation, so they're still pretty damned close. They're alumni spell better than you do, that's for sure! And Syracuse and Georgetown were both bigger rivals than any school you mention. Much bigger.

Can you blame them for waxing poetic about the glory days of Big East Basketball? Hell no. In it's heyday, the Big East was the best basketball conference in the country. Period. And don't overlook the fact that UConn has given the American it's (4) only national championships in sports that matter.
Lol. I post to this forum on a mobile phone, but a sound and mature argument to compare the intellect of uconn alumni to myself based on spelling. Sounds like an argument I would hear from a uconn grad It certainly isn’t a rival or peer university to Tulane.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:52 am
DfromCT wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:50 am
Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:58 am There are any articles from the Uconn perspective with similar sentiments. They are uneducated “hot takes” to stir the fan base from nonsense local writers. They yearn for “glory days” big east basketball. They don’t understand athletics and despise the America for its non traditional non east coast collection of teams. All they want to do is play PC/Seton Hall/Villanova and “traditional” rivals again. The fans have a hard time understanding how low the ceilings are on these programs. They do love to rag on us for “breaking up the big east”. I am looking forward to us getting $8-10m and laughing at these tiny cathlic schools.

I also lpve their hipacroasy for being higher education institutrions when their students from the AAU barely go to school and they pay off families and they produce such wonderful leaders of young men like Rick Pitino. What a classy guy that Rick Pitino.
As recently as 3 years ago, UConn was tied with Tulane in the USN&WR rankings. They're in the top 60 in the nation, so they're still pretty damned close. They're alumni spell better than you do, that's for sure! And Syracuse and Georgetown were both bigger rivals than any school you mention. Much bigger.

Can you blame them for waxing poetic about the glory days of Big East Basketball? Hell no. In it's heyday, the Big East was the best basketball conference in the country. Period. And don't overlook the fact that UConn has given the American it's (4) only national championships in sports that matter.
Lol. I post to this forum on a mobile phone, but a sound and mature argument to compare the intellect of uconn alumni to myself based on spelling. Sounds like an argument I would hear from a uconn grad It certainly isn’t a rival or peer university to Tulane.
Your right, UConn is a state school, with much lower tuition for in and out of state students.

And my comment about your spelling was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, and middle of the night snarky, I'll admit. There are a number of undergrad and grad programs that UConn is ranked higher, and a number that Tulane is ranked higher. Overall, we're about 20 slots higher than UConn right now, but UConn is no slouch school. Looking down your nose at UConn is something no Tulanian should ever do.

Since locals like to talk about Louisiana being one of the top 5 states for D1 football recruits PER CAPITA, if we talk about the value of a degree PER TUITION DOLLAR UConn blows us out of the water, so to speak.

Go Saints!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
wave97
Swell

"If we talk about the value of a degree PER TUITION DOLLAR UConn blows us out of the water."
Go Tanzel!
Go Rams!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

wave97 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:40 pm "If we talk about the value of a degree PER TUITION DOLLAR UConn blows us out of the water."
Go Tanzel!
Go Rams!
Not entirely true. TU uses the high tuition to act like the degree has more value. In reality, TU gives any decent applicant a pretty attractive package that brings it closer to state school prices (especially out of state student prices). For instance I just advised a kid from NYC who was deciding between Penn State, TU and Ohio State, all had almost the same exact sticker price.Ohio State was actually the most expensive. He chose Penn St btw.
cajunfanatico
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:16 am

Fair enough, though I honestly find it odd that some posters here are so sensitive to even the mere mention of another athletic program even if it's germane to the on-going conversation..

For instance, there's a regular poster at our site who is a Houston fan first and foremost, and a Cajun fan via family ties. Often when we're discussing the season, or facilities, coaching hires, etc, he gives us insight into what Houston is doing and his perspective from an AAC standpoint as well. I find his comments interesting as do most other posters there. I've never seen the guy once called a troll by anyone nor shown the door as I've been requested to do more than once..

There are also a number of LaTech posters, some of whom are trolls, and some of whom actually discuss games, funding issues, coaching hires etc. Kinda nice to get a different viewpoint from time to time actually. The trolls are tolerated though insulted by some which I'm sure they expect, the other guys are not. Contrast that to their site where most any Cajun fan is not only instantly insulted, their posts are often changed by the mods! Yeah, the Cajun fansite has its share of assholes, what fansite doesn't, but we seem to be far more tolerant of other viewpoints than many.

Now, your comment that no one here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference is EASILY AND DEMONSTRABLY FALSE. Wave755 follows the Sunbelt and UL-L more closely than I, quoting facts, figures, statistics, etc that I never dream of bothering to look up.....allthewhile swearing he couldn't care less about the Belt and UL-L. You know that, as does everyone else here. And actually, if you look at many of the posts where I've mentioned our program, it's often because I'm responding to something he, or perhaps another Wave fan, said about it, and often what was said was inaccurate. Yes, I realize that the subject comes up just because I happen to be posting, but still. Unless I drop dead which is a distinct possibility at my age, I don't plan to disappear from here.

I promise, you'll see a new (and devastatingly honest) me from here forward. :D
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

UConn loses buy game. 🤣🤣🤣
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981