Dana H now at UH

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:36 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:07 am
cajunfanatico wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:12 am
DfromCT wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:01 pm But how much did it help the UL-L Cajuns on 12/15/18? Seriously, enough talk about the UL-L assistants salary pool. Most of us couldn't care less.
Less than a year into their jobs with a divisional title, a championship game and a bowl appearance under their belts. I'd say they got off to a pretty decent start. ;)
Dominated by Tulane ? Sounds about right for how your staff will measure success. The natural order of things has been restablished, I’m glad ULL fans and coaches are happy with being 3rd/4th in the state.
Glad we could be your Super Bowl Bicoastal, and no, we're not going to be satisfied being 3rd or 4th in the state. You can count on that.

I certainly never expected that Cajun team to sniff a bowl game much less a divisional title in Year One. The defense they took over was so depleted they moved guys from the offense to play the defensive side of the ball. And since the coaching staff came in late, they opted to sign no players in last year's December early signing period because they're serious about signing what they see as the right talent for the system. Having said all that, waiting patiently for the coaching staff to finally become bowl-eligible at the very end of year 3 would never have been acceptable. We expect more of the program.

It's not going to be a one year fix by any means, though I can assure you that Cajun fans will be extremely disappointed if we don't exceed this past year's accomplishments.
Cajun Troll hijacks yet another Gotula thread to discuss instead ULALA football, its genius coach Napier, and the "Mighty" 'Belt Conference.
This thread was supposed to be about a G5 stealing away a P5 coach.

So, congrats to the Houston Cougars! :thumbup:

cajunfanatico
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:00 am
Cajun Troll hijacks yet another Gotula thread to discuss instead ULALA football, its genius coach Napier, and the "Mighty" 'Belt Conference.

LOL, the guy whose brain is like a computer database of Cajun athletic statistics (and almost without fail brings them up whenever I make a post) accuses me of hijacking a thread. Priceless.

If I was a cynic, which I'm not....................
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:20 am
Wave755 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:00 am

LOL, the guy whose brain is like a computer database of Cajun athletic statistics (and almost without fail brings them up whenever I make a post) accuses me of hijacking a thread. Priceless.

If I was a cynic, which I'm not....................
Again, congrats to the Houston Cougars of the American Athletic Conference! :)
RobertM320
Green Wave

Here's how you put an end to this delusion that UL-L could EVER become the undisputed #2 in LA for football.

If LSU, Tulane, UL-L and Louisiana Tech were to all go 10-2 every year for the next five seasons, what will the perception be nationwide as far as the best programs in La?

Clearly:

1. LSU
2 Tulane
3 La Tech
4 UL-L

Bottom line - all things being equal, UL-L will ALWAYS be perceived as the lesser program.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

The hiring of Dana puts the entire conference on notice that Houston is stepping up their game. Will the rest of the conference follow suit? If the TV increases from $2M to $8M/yr, do we sink half of that into football (and basketball) coaches? Could be the only expense that can legitimately return the dividends we need to become a P5 quality program.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Please keep this and other threads on topic.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
cajunfanatico
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:16 pm Please keep this and other threads on topic.
Thank you. My only comment re the Cajuns was that last year when Napier was hired, he was given a $2 MM pool for his assistants, which I understood was near the top of the G5's at the time. Houston, I commented, had blown that out of the water with their assistant pool and given notice to the rest of the G5's that they'd have to step up their game. My comment was germane to the conversation.....on topic in other words.

From there, the usual chorus of couldn't care less about the Cajun program posters began taking their shots......and I'll always respond to shots.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:53 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:16 pm Please keep this and other threads on topic.
Thank you. My only comment re the Cajuns was that last year when Napier was hired, he was given a $2 MM pool for his assistants, which I understood was near the top of the G5's at the time. Houston, I commented, had blown that out of the water with their assistant pool and given notice to the rest of the G5's that they'd have to step up their game. My comment was germane to the conversation.....on topic in other words.

From there, the usual chorus of couldn't care less about the Cajun program posters began taking their shots......and I'll always respond to shots.
Z z z
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

You’re on a Tulane board so you can respond to “shots” if you want but the vast majority of boards would ban you depending on how you respond to those “shots”. You are a real “counter puncher” like our president who likes to respond to shots as well.

“Shots” being ya know . . . Facts and reality.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:27 pm
You’re on a Tulane board so you can respond to “shots” if you want but the vast majority of boards would ban you depending on how you respond to those “shots”. You are a real “counter puncher” like our president who likes to respond to shots as well.

“Shots” being ya know . . . Facts and reality.
Facts and reality I fear not, which is why I have no problem responding to the shots from guys like you who are often more emotional than reality-based. But feel free to point out my errors or lack of reality.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:01 pm But how much did it help the UL-L Cajuns on 12/15/18? Seriously, enough talk about the UL-L assistants salary pool. Most of us couldn't care less.
Less than a year into their jobs with a divisional title, a championship game and a bowl appearance under their belts. I'd say they got off to a pretty decent start. ;)
Dominated by Tulane ? Sounds about right for how your staff will measure success. The natural order of things has been restablished, I’m glad ULL fans and coaches are happy with being 3rd/4th in the state.
Glad we could be your Super Bowl Bicoastal, and no, we're not going to be satisfied being 3rd or 4th in the state. You can count on that.
Not our Super Bowl, but we expected to beat and outclass our smaller, lesser instate step cousin from Lafayette . . . And we did.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:45 pm
Not our Super Bowl, but we expected to beat and outclass our smaller, lesser instate step cousin from Lafayette . . . And we did.
Good, must have been a relief not to underachieve.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

UH is serious about wanting the next invite to a P5. They're outspending us by millions on coaches salaries, and have far better facilities. The article is very revealing. It starts at the top from the President of the University, and certainly helps that they have a deep pocketed booster that's committed to them being a top program in the two biggest money sports.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
nawlinspete
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:21 am
UH is serious about wanting the next invite to a P5. They're outspending us by millions on coaches salaries, and have far better facilities. The article is very revealing. It starts at the top from the President of the University, and certainly helps that they have a deep pocketed booster that's committed to them being a top program in the two biggest money sports.
Another post that adds nothing. CAPTAIN OBVIOUS . Get a life
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:37 am
DfromCT wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:21 am
Another post that adds nothing. CAPTAIN OBVIOUS . Get a life
c'mon...only 98 more pages to go !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Dana H still can’t beat OU. Houston falls to the Sooners 49-31.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Tulane really Crushed that program And exposed Dana H. You do have to feel for the kid. This is brutal . . . Should have gone to Tulane. Click link and read the whole thread.

RobertM320
Green Wave

Sounds like another Lindsey Scott. Three different programs in five years. Seems like Holgerson's not the only one that's quit on teams before.
squilz
Low Tide

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:24 am Sounds like another Lindsey Scott. Three different programs in five years. Seems like Holgerson's not the only one that's quit on teams before.
At least one was for injury, and maybe the other, something not football related didn't mesh-well. Transferring once is normal. Twice is a little odd I'll grant you that, but not totally unheard of. WVU fans weren't giving him glowing reviews exactly, Until Holgorson proves otherwise, I'm more willing to take the kid's word.
galvezwave
Swell

Christ . Shave those 13 hairs off the top of your head. It’s over man.

Anyway. We should be able to run the ball effectively on everyone left on the schedule. Including smu
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

one of DH's "redshirts", may be wearing a "jumpsuit"
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ded-arrest