UH fires the Major

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... -2-seasons

and ya think the allergies are bad in Oxford !!!!!

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:39 pm http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... -2-seasons

I think Seth Littrell will get a very long look.....RR, Greg Schiano, Todd Orlando ( and Dawn) will all get calls
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Sunamiwave
High Tide

UH’s President Renu Khator and the university’s money man Tillman Fertitta don’t mess around when it comes to athletics. I wish we had those two helping out Tulane instead of UH.
greenphantom
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:03 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:39 pm http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... -2-seasons

I think Seth Littrell will get a very long look.....RR, Greg Schiano, Todd Orlando ( and Dawn) will all get calls
Knock Three Times on the Ceiling if You Wanna Hire Me, Twice on the Pipe if the answer is SchiaNO.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

greenphantom wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:23 pm

Knock Three Times on the Ceiling if You Wanna Hire Me, Twice on the Pipe if the answer is SchiaNO.
LMAO....you da' winner of name the HC (many hope) and bonus points for the music trivia
cajunfanatico
Swell

Sunamiwave wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:56 pm UH’s President Renu Khator and the university’s money man Tillman Fertitta don’t mess around when it comes to athletics. I wish we had those two helping out Tulane instead of UH.
Yahoo Sports thinks they're a clown show:

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. – Take a bow Renu Khator. The Houston president is officially the emptiest suit in all of collegiate administration, the college president that has her fellow presidents rolling their eyes at cocktail parties.

Take a bow Chris Pezman. The Houston athletic director is the puppet for a volatile billionaire, as much in charge of his own department as the school mascot.

Take a bow, Tillman Fertitta. The University of Houston chairman of the board of regents and generous athletic department benefactor is living proof that you can buy a university and run the athletic department like a fantasy team. Fertitta is rich enough to own the Houston Rockets and vain enough to call into talk radio and give the hosts the low-down on how a coaching search went. (Yes, he actually did that.)

Houston’s clown triumvirate is being cackled at around college sports today as they clumsily attempt to fire Major Applewhite as Houston’s coach. In their attempt to woo an invite from the Big 12, Houston did the reputational equivalent of dropping a load of manure on commissioner Bob Bowlsby’s doorstep, ringing the doorbell and then running.

https://sports.yahoo.com/major-applewhi ... 51453.html
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
1989alum
Low Tide

Any chance Houston calls Willie?
Sunamiwave
High Tide

UH does not want Fritz and he will not get any consideration from them. UH would consider Fritz as a step down from Major Applewhite. Applewhite had eight wins this season, which is more than Fritz, and was still fired. Plus Houston destroyed Tulane this past season. UH’s President, Renu Khator, was quoted as saying we fire coaches that go 8 and 4. She expects Houston to go 10 and 2 on a regular basis. It looks like Houston is all in for Dana Holgorsen first and Kliff Kingsbury second.
ajcalhoun
Swell

cajunfanatico wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:40 pm

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. – Take a bow Renu Khator. The Houston president is officially the emptiest suit in all of collegiate administration, the college president that has her fellow presidents rolling their eyes at cocktail parties.

Take a bow Chris Pezman. The Houston athletic director is the puppet for a volatile billionaire, as much in charge of his own department as the school mascot.

Take a bow, Tillman Fertitta. The University of Houston chairman of the board of regents and generous athletic department benefactor is living proof that you can buy a university and run the athletic department like a fantasy team. Fertitta is rich enough to own the Houston Rockets and vain enough to call into talk radio and give the hosts the low-down on how a coaching search went. (Yes, he actually did that.)

Houston’s clown triumvirate is being cackled at around college sports today as they clumsily attempt to fire Major Applewhite as Houston’s coach. In their attempt to woo an invite from the Big 12, Houston did the reputational equivalent of dropping a load of manure on commissioner Bob Bowlsby’s doorstep, ringing the doorbell and then running.

I think yahoo sports is a clown show. That Houston "clown triumvirate" did exactly what I would want my leaders to do.
God Bless Everyone!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:02 pm

I think yahoo sports is a clown show. That Houston "clown triumvirate" did exactly what I would want my leaders to do.
+1,000,000
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

That article is basically telling Houston to stay in its place and not act like a P5 school. It is the typical P5 bias we constantly see at ESPN and in commercial sports journalism. I applaud Houston for their commitment to athletics and holding their coaches accountable.
Bearwave
High Tide

Sunamiwave wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:43 pm UH does not want Fritz and he will not get any consideration from them. UH would consider Fritz as a step down from Major Applewhite. Applewhite had eight wins this season, which is more than Fritz, and was still fired. Plus Houston destroyed Tulane this past season. UH’s President, Renu Khator, was quoted as saying we fire coaches that go 8 and 4. She expects Houston to go 10 and 2 on a regular basis. It looks like Houston is all in for Dana Holgorsen first and Kliff Kingsbury second.
Kingsbury would do well offensively but he typically has bad defensive teams. Holgorsen is interesting. Usually has good well rounded teams and recruiting in the Houston area would be a plus. Not sure if he’ll leave WV but if the money is there and Houston adds P5 facilities who knows.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bearwave wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:29 am
Sunamiwave wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:43 pm UH does not want Fritz and he will not get any consideration from them. UH would consider Fritz as a step down from Major Applewhite. Applewhite had eight wins this season, which is more than Fritz, and was still fired. Plus Houston destroyed Tulane this past season. UH’s President, Renu Khator, was quoted as saying we fire coaches that go 8 and 4. She expects Houston to go 10 and 2 on a regular basis. It looks like Houston is all in for Dana Holgorsen first and Kliff Kingsbury second.
Kingsbury would do well offensively but he typically has bad defensive teams. Holgorsen is interesting. Usually has good well rounded teams and recruiting in the Houston area would be a plus. Not sure if he’ll leave WV but if the money is there and Houston adds P5 facilities who knows.
Let's go to the video and view UH's PEE 6 facilites
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports ... 357502.php

https://www.google.com/search?q=univers ... Al6BAgEEA0

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Made good use of the available space they had in the area around their stadium.
phpBB [video]

All that and they still get beat by 56pts to Army :mrgreen:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bearwave wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:29 am
The "Almost Heaven' take
https://www.dominionpost.com/2018/12/30 ... -contract/
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:03 pm
ajcalhoun wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:02 pm

+1,000,000
+1,000,000. The article sounds like something that Cowen would write. Thamel is a typical elitist, and culturally regional, journalist--in other words, he knows little. He says that UH handled the firing of Applewhite in an awkward fashion--how so? They made their decision promptly after his team quit on him in the Army beat down. I can only hope that Tulane has an effective threesome, like UH has.
Last edited by HoustonWave on Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Sunamiwave wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:11 pm That article is basically telling Houston to stay in its place and not act like a P5 school. It is the typical P5 bias we constantly see at ESPN and in commercial sports journalism. I applaud Houston for their commitment to athletics and holding their coaches accountable.
+1,000,000. The article sounds like its directly from the Ed Daniels Know Your Place School of Journalism.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Perhaps we should all get on the Elizabeth Warren For President bandwagon. She's a UH alum. After taking on corporate America, maybe she would take on the ESPN/P5 cartel.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:25 pm Perhaps we should all get on the Elizabeth Warren For President bandwagon. She's a UH alum. After taking on corporate America, maybe she would take on the ESPN/P5 cartel.
Plus she has "high cheek bones" and Native American DNA !!!!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:57 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:25 pm Perhaps we should all get on the Elizabeth Warren For President bandwagon. She's a UH alum. After taking on corporate America, maybe she would take on the ESPN/P5 cartel.
I think General Custer had more than she does--but it did get her onto the Harvard faculty as a "minority".
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:01 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:57 pm
I think General Custer had more than she does--but it did get her onto the Harvard faculty as a "minority".
Hell, I have as much Native American DNA as she does, and my Grandparents on both sides came to America in 1901, one set from Ireland, the other Germany
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Repeat whatever talkshow talking points you’d like, but she is brilliant and a real hardass when it comes to kicking entrenched powers in the ass. If she was ever pointed in the direction of the P5 cartel she would annihilate and embarrass these wannabe boss hoggs.

I also agree the yahoo sports take on houston is bizarre and nonsensical. 99% of the football world knew the Major Applewhite hire was overly safe, conservative and momentum killing for UH. They will not make the same mistake again.

On the temple side of things they pocketed a quick $4m from Diaz buy out to go to Miami, hopefully they’ll be rebuilding when we play them next year. Speaking of next year opponents- I am extremely excited to play UCF at home next year. I think we’ll have a real shot at taking them down and having a packed stadium.
Last edited by Bicoastalwave on Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:07 pm Repeat whatever talkshow talking points you’d like, but she is brilliant and a real hardass when it comes to kicking entrenched powers in the ass. If she was ever pointed in the direction of the P5 cartel she would anhilate and embarrass these wannabe boss hoggs.
Amen! No bone spurs, either.
greenphantom
Swell

I don’t know. I’m not a big fan of the constant hiring and firing of coaches. Usually not a winning formula in the long run. If you commit to hiring a coach, they deserve 3-4 years unless it’s a complete disaster.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:59 pm I don’t know. I’m not a big fan of the constant hiring and firing of coaches. Usually not a winning formula in the long run. If you commit to hiring a coach, they deserve 3-4 years unless it’s a complete disaster.
Houston running its program like a Pee 6. They are at least trying by a spending big money and expecting Pee 6 results. Herman left so you can’t blame them for that.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981