"The UH Review".....and a resignation

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
austxwave
High Tide

I'm not sure if Briles should have done that. The Florida State program under Willie Taggert is a sinking ship as much as Cougar High under Applewhite. Both programs with underwhelming seasons in 2019 will be looking for new football coaches.
cajunfanatico
Swell

austxwave wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:20 pmBoth programs with underwhelming seasons in 2019 will be looking for new football coaches.
Maybe Briles is thinking the same and figures he'll have a good shot at the job when Taggert is run out of town.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

austxwave wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:20 pm I'm not sure if Briles should have done that. The Florida State program under Willie Taggert is a sinking ship as much as Cougar High under Applewhite. Both programs with underwhelming seasons in 2019 will be looking for new football coaches.
Taggard will have to have at least two more disasters before he is shown the door...The Florida "PC" police will see to that.....Texas A&M stuck with Sumlin at least one season too long, but they were influenced by the PC'ers, and were not allowed to fire him sooner....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Sunamiwave
High Tide

I sure wish Tulane had President Khator during our undefeated football season under Bowden.. No doubt she would have hired Rich Rod as our head coach, Khator would have devoted more financial resources to the football program and understood that Tulane had to keep the momentum going so that we would be one of the first schools in line like TCU was for a Big 12 or ACC invite. Instead we were unfortunate enough to have the clown Cowen as our President who took us in the exact opposite direction. While at the UH President Khator has clearly demonstrated that she understand the benefits that a successful football program brings to the university.
wave97
Swell

Sunamiwave wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:44 pm I sure wish Tulane had President Khator during our undefeated football season under Bowden.. No doubt she would have hired Rich Rod as our head coach, Khator would have also poured more financial resources into the football program and understood that Tulane had to keep the momentum going so that we would be one of the first schools in line like TCU for a Big 12 or ACC invite. Instead we were unfortunate enough to have the clown Cowen as our President who took us in the exact opposite direction. While at the UH President Khator has clearly demonstrated that she understand the benefits that a successful football program brings to the university.
No doubt Tulane would have continued the success of that 1998 team if only Scott Cowen understood what a unique gem he had in RR. However, Rich Rodriguez would have been on this way in a year or two regardless. Tulane would have been led by Scott Cowen and sub-par AD to replace RR without institutional support and the novelty of the RPO.
What we are witnessing right now with this staff is an epic transformation of Sisyphean proportions. We have the support of President Fitts, the Board. & a solid AD.
When Willy Fritz gets this long-neglected rock of a program over the top, I hope he chooses to stay. If not, I think we have the right decision makers in place to keep the momentum going.
Last edited by wave97 on Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

austxwave wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:20 pm I'm not sure if Briles should have done that. The Florida State program under Willie Taggert is a sinking ship as much as Cougar High under Applewhite. Both programs with underwhelming seasons in 2019 will be looking for new football coaches.
If RR's wife can get enuff allergy meds, he would be a nice fit at UH
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Sunamiwave wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:44 pm I sure wish Tulane had President Khator during our undefeated football season under Bowden.. No doubt she would have hired Rich Rod as our head coach, Khator would have devoted more financial resources to the football program and understood that Tulane had to keep the momentum going so that we would be one of the first schools in line like TCU was for a Big 12 or ACC invite. Instead we were unfortunate enough to have the clown Cowen as our President who took us in the exact opposite direction. While at the UH President Khator has clearly demonstrated that she understand the benefits that a successful football program brings to the university.
I’ve always felt that Renu Khator has run circles around Cowen for years. Not only does she understand the importance of intercollegiate athletics, she also did far more to improve UH’s relative academic standing—to Tier 1 status. During the same timeframe Cowen The Clown took us from the mid 30’s to the 50’s in the USN&WR rankings. Cowen failed on all fronts at Tulane—academically, athletically, financial stewardship, and in fund raising. He just runs his blowhard mouth but has never really accomplished anything constructive. Any university that has any contact with Cowen needs to be warned of his ego, incompetence, and complete lack of performance.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:00 pm
I’ve always felt that Renu Khator has run circles around Cowen for years. Not only does she understand the importance of intercollegiate athletics, she also did far more to improve UH’s relative academic standing—to Tier 1 status. During the same timeframe Cowen The Clown took us from the mid 30’s to the 50’s in the USN&WR rankings. Cowen failed on all fronts at Tulane—academically, athletically, financial stewardship, and in fund raising. He just runs his blowhard mouth but has never really accomplished anything constructive. Any university that has any contact with Cowen needs to be warned of his ego, incompetence, and complete lack of performance.
+ 1.000.000

I will give Cowen credit for guiding the University through the aftermath of Katrina. But even in doing so, he managed to toot his own horn often. Other than that, he was a blow hard self promoter. And let's never forget the $15-20 million deficits he ran and hid his last few years as President. Funny how that could have been covered by P5 dollars, had he played his cards right.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bigschtick
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:00 pm
Sunamiwave wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:44 pm I sure wish Tulane had President Khator during our undefeated football season under Bowden.. No doubt she would have hired Rich Rod as our head coach, Khator would have devoted more financial resources to the football program and understood that Tulane had to keep the momentum going so that we would be one of the first schools in line like TCU was for a Big 12 or ACC invite. Instead we were unfortunate enough to have the clown Cowen as our President who took us in the exact opposite direction. While at the UH President Khator has clearly demonstrated that she understand the benefits that a successful football program brings to the university.

Houston and Sunami speak great truth, have much wisdom. That said, thank
goodness that blowhard Cowen and Margie are history!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!