UCF Milton update

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It's really a shame that Milton has such a devastating injury. He's a very gifted player, one that doesn't come along but every so often. Probably the best player in the AAC.

But it does disarm any and all Ellis Hugh fans that will cry that some of their draft-eligible players sat out. Too fricking bad! March On, Knights, March On!

ROLL WAVE! Beat the Cajuns tomorrow!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jaxwave
Swell

It sounds like Alex Smith of the Redskins had a similar injury with nerve damage. Happy for Alex, who is a class guy and true pro, that he got big contract this past off season.
cajunfanatico
Swell

What are the chances Milton will ever play again?

I realize that injuries are a part of the game but still, what a freakish accident. I hate seeing those guys get hurt after giving so much of their lives to the game.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
RobertM320
Green Wave

cajunfanatico wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:39 pm What are the chances Milton will ever play again?

I realize that injuries are a part of the game but still, what a freakish accident. I hate seeing those guys get hurt after giving so much of their lives to the game.
This article may give you the answer.

https://www.compuserve.com/sports/story ... X_22002266
Orthopedic surgeon David J. Chao, who said he worked with NFL teams for 17 years, tweeted this Friday night, giving a hint to the severity of the injury:

"Likely emergency surgery to 'save' his leg comes next as artery likely disrupted. This is a Zach Miller Chicago Bears situation. Wish this athlete the best but any NFL dreams are likely over."
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:59 pm
cajunfanatico wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:39 pm What are the chances Milton will ever play again?

Orthopedic surgeon David J. Chao, who said he worked with NFL teams for 17 years, tweeted this Friday night, giving a hint to the severity of the injury:

"Likely emergency surgery to 'save' his leg comes next as artery likely disrupted. This is a Zach Miller Chicago Bears situation. Wish this athlete the best but any NFL dreams are likely over."
That is an absolute shame. He was probably the best player in the conference.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I did a bit of research into Zach Miller's situation. As of now, he's still working out and rehabbing, with every intention of getting back to playing. In his words, "No one has told him no, yet. At some point in time, that may come, but until then, he's still aiming at getting back to playing. Best of luck to him and McKenzie Milton. Its a tough road they're travelling.

Also, that article I referenced was just a short period of time after the injury, so they weren't sure of the extent. But Milton did tear the same artery that Miller did.

Here's a short youtube video by ESPN about Miller's rehab. Its worth the 7 minutes.

phpBB [video]
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:18 pm I did a bit of research into Zach Miller's situation. As of now, he's still working out and rehabbing, with every intention of getting back to playing. In his words, "No one has told him no, yet. At some point in time, that may come, but until then, he's still aiming at getting back to playing. Best of luck to him and McKenzie Milton. Its a tough road they're travelling.

Also, that article I referenced was just a short period of time after the injury, so they weren't sure of the extent. But Milton did tear the same artery that Miller did.

Here's a short youtube video by ESPN about Miller's rehab. Its worth the 7 minutes.

phpBB [video]
Right. That article is old. His mom just sent out a message that he's doing well and responding which is what golf's OP is about. He's going to have a fourth surgery that's just to help with his comfort and he'll be with the team at the Fiesta Bowl.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

A friend is a big time ortho surgeon and said this was closer to the bridgewater injury, so hopefully this follows suit and he can make it the nfl.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That would be great. Hope it happens for him.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
cajunfanatico
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:59 pm

Thanks Robert. I sure hope the young man can recover 100%.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
GreenLantern
Riptide

McKenzie Milton continues to improve...came within minutes of having his leg amputated:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/283 ... m=referral
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:08 pm McKenzie Milton continues to improve...came within minutes of having his leg amputated:

Thanks for posting this link. What an impressive young man. "My football career may have ended last November, or it may be 10 or more years from now, but that doesn't define who I am." (paraphrasing, I'm sure!)

Good luck, McKenzie. You're a class act and one hell of a good football player. March On!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:08 pm McKenzie Milton continues to improve...came within minutes of having his leg amputated:

Thanks GL. Just wow. Really pulling for him to make it to live his dream in the NFL.
Last edited by winwave on Sat May 18, 2019 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreenLantern
Riptide

winwave wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:39 pm

Thanks GL. Just wow. Really pulling for him to make it a live his dream in the NFL.
The article discusses the friendship that has been made between Milton and the young guy from USF that tackled him. Touching story.
swampnik
Surge

QB Milton's attitude is a shining example for us all when life throws a major curve our way. Stay blessed, young man.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave QB
Swell

Very tough kid. After seeing some of his practice clips on ESPN 2 last night, I would be extremely nervous if I was a fan and saw him enter the game. I do wish this warrior well.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the link. Hope he makes it all the way back.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

It really has been an arduous road for Milton and I respect him for the perseverance and class he has shown along the way. With that being said . . . Would he come here to fight Pratt and Keyes for the job ? Maybe, but I think he is more likely to find another G5 with a clearer path, maybe one in Florida (FIU, Fau, USF ?).
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:18 am It really has been an arduous road for Milton and I respect him for the perseverance and class he has shown along the way. With that being said . . . Would he come here to fight Pratt and Keyes for the job ? Maybe, but I think he is more likely to find another G5 with a clearer path, maybe one in Florida (FIU, Fau, USF ?).
Will Hall will be lookin' for a QB
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE