Temple lost their coach

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Geoff Colins took the Ga. tech job. Mike Elko could be in line to get the Temple job.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:35 pm Geoff Colins took the Ga. tech job. Mike Elko could be in line to get the Temple job.
Temple's Coach can be "found" in downtown Atlanta, across the interstate from the Varsity resturant
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Is it me, or was this announced last week? Maybe the rumors weren't confirmed?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Collins leaving was. It's just never been posted here unless I missed it.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:08 pm Collins leaving was. It's just never been posted here unless I missed it.
No, I think it was just one of those things that we saw but nobody brought it up here. Thanks for posting. Anyone want to guess who will be the next Temple coach?

BTW: I predict Mike Houston, ECU's new HC, will have them playing for a AAC Championship or leaving for a P5 job in 3 years or less. He is a very good up and coming coach.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Ruski
Swell

Greg Schiano rumored to be a top candidate. Could be a great fit. I mean winning 5 bowls at Rutgers is quite the achievement.

Crazy to think Temple has had 3 coaches poached in 7 years! If Temple can create that kind of environment for success surely we can too.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:56 pm
winwave wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:08 pm Collins leaving was. It's just never been posted here unless I missed it.
No, I think it was just one of those things that we saw but nobody brought it up here. Thanks for posting. Anyone want to guess who will be the next Temple coach?

BTW: I predict Mike Houston, ECU's new HC, will have them playing for a AAC Championship or leaving for a P5 job in 3 years or less. He is a very good up and coming coach.
As to Collins that's what my OP said. It was announced last week but never brought up here. I kept meaning to post it but kept forgetting. Not sure who'll get it but Elko's been mentioned.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Looks like it's Manny Diaz, Miami's DC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:38 am Looks like it's Manny Diaz, Miami's DC.
I am surprised....Schiano has connections on the east coast for recruiting ,,,Diaz, hell he was run out of Austin, and his Miami D folded like a cheap tent
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

It is hard to argue with the recent head coaching decisions made by Temple. It's an attractive job.
Metropolitan Philadelphia has 7 million people (that's not including North Jersey/Metro NYC). High school football coaching/execution is generally sub-par in the Mid-Atlantic region. The legacy of the coaching deity in State College has had a sobering effect for prospective recruits.
Temple needs a staff who can develop talent quickly. Hiring a head coach with recruiting ties to the Southeast is terrific for cherry picking. If Manny Diaz is Temple's next HC he should be able to attract a good OC and a solid staff of coaches on their way up & down the coaching carousel
Temple Tough!
BTW: Temple's sophomore Qb Anthony Russo (6'4" 230lb), is the real deal. Bring in a pro scheme OC asap.