SMU rolls out lower concession prices

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

National trend continues

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:07 am National trend continues
LMAO @ the "value prices"......but then again, it is SMU and their high dollar fan's, so they may think they are a value...over priced hot dogs, water and pretzels....FYI, the Pretzels are made by 'Texas Twist" which is located close to the old cotton bowl stadium and is not owned by J&J Snacks of Pennsaulken NJ......ever had a preztzel at the mall, welcome to Texas Twist
Last edited by golfnut69 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Does anyone know what Tulane's prices are?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:00 pm Does anyone know what Tulane's prices are?
This is from 2014. I think they are probably higher in 2018
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:04 pm
Aberzombie1892 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:00 pm Does anyone know what Tulane's prices are?
Anything to make the games more “family friendly” is a good thing.

I’m even old enough to remember when there were plenty of kids at Saints games played @ Old Tulane Stadium.

Today it is so damn expensive to go to a Saints game.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:25 pm
tpstulane wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:04 pm
Anything to make the games more “family friendly” is a good thing.

I’m even old enough to remember when there were plenty of kids at Saints games played @ Old Tulane Stadium.

Today it is so damn expensive to go to a Saints game.
NFL football across the country has become a "corporate event." Too much demand from the expense account driven customers who can write it off to actually buy tickets for a family. Taking my two sons to a Giants game, just the three of us, would be well over $500. If I wanted seats between the 30 yard lines, it's probably over $1k.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

the price list from Jerry world....also note it cost 60.00 for a Pappa Johns Pizza...and a paltry 75.00 to park...what a bargain !!

https://www.cbsnews.com/media/5-least-a ... fl-game/9/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

After losing to North Texas, at least that is the CFN prediction they may not have many customers

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/08 ... -preview-2
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:09 pm the price list from Jerry world....also note it cost 60.00 for a Pappa Johns Pizza...and a paltry 75.00 to park...what a bargain !!

https://www.cbsnews.com/media/5-least-a ... fl-game/9/
Astros have $1 Hot Dog night on Tuesday’s.
Tulane Class of 1981
wave97
Swell

Another off-topic rant:
I prefer watching women's tennis to men's in spite of the sub-par execution (I can actually see the ball), I enjoy watching high school & NCAA football because I like watching a wing-T vs a veer & an RPO vs wishbone. The NFL execution is amazing but from a strategy & tactics perspective, the NFL is boring. It's pro-scheme all the way with a little rpo sprinkled in here and there. The worst thing about the NFL is the ridiculous extent that they have ramped up measurables (offensive statistics), to appease the knucklehead fan base and, even worse, fantasy football morons.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:16 am Another off-topic rant:
I prefer watching women's tennis to men's in spite of the sub-par execution (I can actually see the ball), I enjoy watching high school & NCAA football because I like watching a wing-T vs a veer & an RPO vs wishbone. The NFL execution is amazing but from a strategy & tactics perspective, the NFL is boring. It's pro-scheme all the way with a little rpo sprinkled in here and there. The worst thing about the NFL is the ridiculous extent that they have ramped up measurables (offensive statistics), to appease the knucklehead fan base and, even worse, fantasy football morons.
I like the NFL. I play in a fantasy football league that will begin our 31st season this year. It was A LOT more fun before the internet. Call us morons, but we know more about the game and it's players as a result.

Frankly, there's a whole lot of football fans that love the NFL and love FCS football over FBS. There's a champion crowned and recognized by the NCAA, rather than the ESPN Invitational Tournament that crowns an unrecognized FBS champion. The level of play, particularly when you get deep in the FCS playoffs is close to FBS. And the level of play at the NFL level is like (and I am using a Bill Cowher analogy here) "going from a state road to the autoban" comparing college football to the NFL.

What this has to do with SMU concessions prices I don't know. I watch women's tennis because they're more attractive and make noises that I enjoy! But I rarely watch an entire match. And I haven't watched a whole NBA game in 15+ years.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V