Hurricane Irma causes AAC game cancellations

User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16618
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Hurricane Irma causes AAC game cancellations

Postby tpstulane » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:05 pm

South Florida and UConn called off their game in Connecticut because of travel concerns. Central Florida also announced its scheduled Friday night home game with Memphis had been called off. The Memphis-UCF game had been moved from Saturday to Friday because of the threat.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6082
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Hurricane Irma causes AAC game cancellations

Postby RobertM320 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:16 am

tpstulane wrote:South Florida and UConn called off their game in Connecticut because of travel concerns. Central Florida also announced its scheduled Friday night home game with Memphis had been called off. The Memphis-UCF game had been moved from Saturday to Friday because of the threat.


Still think they should have just sent UCF to Memphis this year, and returned the favor next year. Its been done before.


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5096
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Hurricane Irma causes AAC game cancellations

Postby mbawavefan12 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:26 pm

RobertM320 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:South Florida and UConn called off their game in Connecticut because of travel concerns. Central Florida also announced its scheduled Friday night home game with Memphis had been called off. The Memphis-UCF game had been moved from Saturday to Friday because of the threat.


Still think they should have just sent UCF to Memphis this year, and returned the favor next year. Its been done before.


They cancelled teh UCF vs GT game for this week as well. According to UCF fans, the issue (last week and this week) was that the players were sent home to take care of their families and have not been able to get back to campus. UCF is the only FL team (tmk) to cancel this week's game.



posse
Low Tide
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:59 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Hurricane Irma causes AAC game cancellations

Postby posse » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:05 pm

Game moved to 11AM kick off....Does anyone know if the game will still be televised on ESPNU?



User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16618
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Hurricane Irma causes AAC game cancellations

Postby tpstulane » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:35 am

posse wrote:Game moved to 11AM kick off....Does anyone know if the game will still be televised on ESPNU?

Don’t think so. However you can watch online with Watch ESPN App.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10720
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Hurricane Irma causes AAC game cancellations

Postby winwave » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:06 am

As I posted in the Tulsa game thread the game the game will be on ESPN3 only.


It's the facilities stupid!

DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5293
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Re: Hurricane Irma causes AAC game cancellations

Postby DfromCT » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:18 am

mbawavefan12 wrote:
They cancelled teh UCF vs GT game for this week as well. According to UCF fans, the issue (last week and this week) was that the players were sent home to take care of their families and have not been able to get back to campus. UCF is the only FL team (tmk) to cancel this week's game.


The UCF vs. GaTech game was cancelled because the National Guard was using the stadium as a staging ground. Had zero to do with the players being unable to get back to campus. My daughter was back to campus on the Wednesday before the game, only to find out that classes were cancelled until Monday.


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests