Arkansas State 47, ULaLa 3

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Tough night for Hudspeth and the University of Louisiana-Lafayette squad. LOL

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:Tough night for Hudspeth and the University of Louisiana-Lafayette squad. LOL
We were very interested in the Arkansas St. coach this go around but his buyout was too high.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

Well, you can be sure we won't be hearing from the ULALA trolls Cajun Troll (Cajun Fanatico) or Flasher (ex-Flash) anytime soon. I am sure they have both now crawled back deep into the Cajun sewers from whence they came. The fact they "disappear" during bad times for ULALA only serves to prove they are trolls; neither has any real or genuine interest in Tulane athletics. For true Tulane fans the fortunes of ULALA for football or any other sport are "neither here nor there" for whether one participates on this forum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:Tough night for Hudspeth and the University of Louisiana-Lafayette squad. LOL
That’s a case where a coach missed his chance to continue moving up in his career path. He’s stayed too long at ULL.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
That’s a case where a coach missed his chance to continue moving up in his career path. He’s stayed too long at ULL.

I was thinking the same thing myself, tps. With a downturn in his success at a mid-major, I doubt any P5s will be looking at him anytime soon. And if he ultimately gets let go from ULL, the best he'll get will be a lateral move.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

I was thinking the same thing myself, tps. With a downturn in his success at a mid-major, I doubt any P5s will be looking at him anytime soon. And if he ultimately gets let go from ULL, the best he'll get will be a lateral move.
Yep. He could be in trouble if things don’t improve.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
A long time ago Nelson Stokley did the very same thing, he stayed too long.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

Yep. He could be in trouble if things don’t improve.
I seem to remember that, at the peak of Hudspeth's stay at U-L-L scandal broke the headlines. I think it had to do with tests being taken for recruits, and they've not been the same since. He stayed too long because he was tarnished, unless I'm mistaken.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
cajunfanatico
Swell

Wave755 wrote:Well, you can be sure we won't be hearing from the ULALA trolls Cajun Troll (Cajun Fanatico) or Flasher (ex-Flash) anytime soon. I am sure they have both now crawled back deep into the Cajun sewers from whence they came. The fact they "disappear" during bad times for ULALA only serves to prove they are trolls; neither has any real or genuine interest in Tulane athletics. For true Tulane fans the fortunes of ULALA for football or any other sport are "neither here nor there" for whether one participates on this forum.
LOL! I see the couldn't care lessin' about the Cajun program still has deep roots.

For the record, I still listen to every Tulane game that I can catch and for those of you wondering about Hud, he'll be long gone before Christmas....and it's long overdue.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote:
Wave755 wrote:Well, you can be sure we won't be hearing from the ULALA trolls Cajun Troll (Cajun Fanatico) or Flasher (ex-Flash) anytime soon. I am sure they have both now crawled back deep into the Cajun sewers from whence they came. The fact they "disappear" during bad times for ULALA only serves to prove they are trolls; neither has any real or genuine interest in Tulane athletics. For true Tulane fans the fortunes of ULALA for football or any other sport are "neither here nor there" for whether one participates on this forum.
LOL! I see the couldn't care lessin' about the Cajun program still has deep roots.

For the record, I still listen to every Tulane game that I can catch and for those of you wondering about Hud, he'll be long gone before Christmas....and it's long overdue.
Oh, Cajun Troll !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
RobertM320
Green Wave

cajunfanatico wrote:

Wow, that's not what you were saying just a year ago. Hud was the savior of the program. He was going to get ULL to P5 status, they were going to dominate the SBC. They were going to be the second best team in La. And now you're saying he'll be gone, and its long overdue?
cajunfanatico
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:

Wow, that's not what you were saying just a year ago. Hud was the savior of the program. He was going to get ULL to P5 status, they were going to dominate the SBC. They were going to be the second best team in La. And now you're saying he'll be gone, and its long overdue?
1) I never said Hud would get our program to P5 status
2) I never said we would dominate the SBC
3) I never said Hud was the "savior" of the program
4) I never said any of those things a year ago
5) I never said we were going to be the second best team in the La, I said we were the second best team when we were winning

Other than that though, your post is spot-on Robert.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Sure, and Tulane was the second best team, actually the best team in Louisiana when we were winning. You never made that qualifier.
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:

5) I never said we were going to be the second best team in the La, I said we were the second best team when we were winning

But Cajun Troll, didn't you post on GoTula the below topic about Hudspeth in September of 2015?

"Striving for more, Cajuns coach Mark Hudspeth’s proven plan driven by never-ending worry of coming up short"
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7840
:lol: :lol: :lol:
cajunfanatico
Swell

Wave755 wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:

But Cajun Troll, didn't you post on GoTula the below topic about Hudspeth in September of 2015?

"Striving for more, Cajuns coach Mark Hudspeth’s proven plan driven by never-ending worry of coming up short"
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7840
:lol: :lol: :lol:
And your point would be?
Sure, and Tulane was the second best team, actually the best team in Louisiana when we were winning. You never made that qualifier.
Robert, I don't recall the exact context in which I made the comment, but I suspect it dealt with not only winning, and not only football, but all sports and the overall quality of facilities as well. Cajun Field needs a new pressbox, no doubt, and it'll come eventually. But when one looks at the new-renovated Cajundome, the newly renovated and expanded Russo Park, Lamson Park, the new track and field facility, soccer, and our APC all built or renovated within the last few years, I tihnk it'd be tough to find comparable facilities at one university, within Louisiana, outside of the Red Shaft.

Without a doubt football drives the bus in college athletics. Hud did a lot of good things but he has peaked. He peaked a couple of years ago and it's time for him to move on. I thank him for the good things he did for the program, the APC being one of them, I'm disappointed with the NCAA sanctions and hope any future coaching contracts will have a clause that allows the university to cut the cord under similar circumstances. I'm glad the athletic department stepped up and paid what they did at the time because that sets the precedent moving forward in coaching hires. Our next football coaching hire will be our most important ever. I have confidence in our new athletic director to get the job done. He sure has all the tools he needs in place.