Congrats UL-M Warhawks 56, ULALA 50!!!

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
Wave755
Tsunami

Congrats to UL-M Warhawks for their big 56-50 OT win @ Lafayette over ULALA!!!

And, to the surprise of no one, ULALA's vaunted defense "does it again."

And, even Cajun Troll and Flasher must now admit the Warhawks rule second only to UL System flagship school La. Tech! :)

DrBox
Riptide

College football is usually great when two long-time rivals square off; this contest didn't disappoint. Yeoman comeback effort by Cajuns.
I do have a question, Fanatico. When ULL is lucky to get one of the teams on your list on its schedule in any year right now, how in the world are they supposed to schedule 12 of them per year?
cajunfanatico
Swell

LOL! And yet more couldn't care lessin' about the Cajun program. 755 never disappoints. Hud should have gone for the win in regulation after that comeback because they were on their heels and we were movign the ball on the ground so well. But, give 'em new life and you get what you deserve. Though I was very disappointed, I guess it could have been worse, like 63-10 or something like that.

"I do have a question, Fanatico. When ULL is lucky to get one of the teams on your list on its schedule in any year right now, how in the world are they supposed to schedule 12 of them per year?"

What's luck have to do with it? And I didn't say anything about filling a schedule with only those programs. My point was that by dropping mandatory conference scheduling, we'd have plenty of slots for an agile AD to work with scheduling some of those programs and we'd also have the luxury of working with the better MWC, MAC, C-USA, and Sunbelt clubs as well.

We schedule decent programs every year in football. For instance, just over the last 5 or 6 years we've played teams like Tulane, Ole Miss, Boise State, Texas AM, Tulsa, Oklahoma State, Florida, Arkansas, Arizona, Kansas State, Georgia, and Kentucky. Most of those teams weren't even on the list I presented and yet they were on our schedule.

We play Alabama in 2018 and Mississippi State, who I believe we'll be playing in the Super Dome year after next. BTW, I really like the idea of trying to schedule an SEC foe every year in the Dome as there are lots of Cajun alumni in the area and it's great for recruiting.

Would my ideas be easy? Of course not. Most things worth doing usually aren't, but that doesn't mean it'd be impossible.

Did I answer your question?
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote:
We play Alabama in 2018 and Mississippi State
:lol: :lol: :lol: