N O Bowl

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
exflash
High Tide

Looks like the Cajuns return and probably against Miss South.......Know you guys will be pulling for your sister state school,,,

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

exflash wrote:Looks like the Cajuns return and probably against Miss South.......Know you guys will be pulling for your sister state school,,,

HELL NO!

Until they stop with the silly and false claim to the name "University of Louisiana" I wouldn't root for them to win a dog catcher election. There was, and continues to be only one University of Louisiana. It's full name is THE TULANE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA.

GO USM. Beat UL-L.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
ccap05
Surge

exflash wrote:Looks like the Cajuns return and probably against Miss South.......Know you guys will be pulling for your sister state school,,,
I suspect most Tulane fans will not be following the results of the NOLA bowl or rooting for/against either team. The proliferation of Bowls has had the effect of diminishing interest in the bowls- especially bottom feeding bowls featuring 6 win SBC teams against a 6 win CUSA team. Additionally, most Tulane fans are a bit unhappy with the results of this season with not a single win against a decent team under our belt and it will be a miracle if somehow people are interested in any of the myriad 6/6 bowls. Tulane did have somewhat of a rivalry with USM in the past but that has faded as we moved up in conference. I would guess that, without looking it up on the internet, not one Tulane fan in 100 can state where Troy, Appy State, GaS or any of the better teams from the SBC are going bowling much less than UL-Laf or USA. However, I know from your repeated posting on this site that Laffy fans love visiting New Orleans and seeing the big city and enjoying the many Rouses locations and chicken tender restaurants. I sincerely hope you enjoy your visit to NOLA and bring plenty of your fans, friends, cousin/wives, etc. to enjoy the big city sites and spend your money. On a side note, I was interested to see you call ULL a little sister school to Tulane. Although you are free to see your school as a little sister school it is not a view that any Tulane fans I know share. My personal view is the better school for ULL fans to see as a big brother school is LaTech.
cajunfanatico
Swell

DfromCT wrote:

HELL NO!

Until they stop with the silly and false claim to the name "University of Louisiana" I wouldn't root for them to win a dog catcher election. There was, and continues to be only one University of Louisiana. It's full name is THE TULANE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA.

GO USM. Beat UL-L.
The Cajun athletic program has long campaigned to be called "Louisiana", as in Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. Nothing wrong with that. I like it.

And speaking of that, we've had a recent breakthrough as it relates to this issue with ULM . ULM has asked the Sunbelt press releases to list them as ULM on first reference, not Louisiana-Monroe or UL-Monroe. The Sunbelt has complied.

The Ragin Cajuns have asked to be called Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns or Louisiana on first reference. They will use LA as their abbreviation. The Sun Belt has complied with their request. No more Louisiana-Lafayette or ULL.

http://sunbeltsports.org/custompages/MB ... elease.pdf

I was watching ESPN highlights of our recent game with Arkansas State and was pleasantly surprised to see LA in box score and the ESPN announcers calling us Louisiana.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
exflash
High Tide

Well, it shouldn't be that much of a surprise, as the conference has now made it official as to what our athletic name is to be referred to in all communications!!! BTW --nowhere did I mention Little sister as we are ranked higher than the Wave now in FB and in Basketball---did I read the UNO score correctly???
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ccap05 wrote:
I suspect most Tulane fans will not be following the results of the NOLA bowl or rooting for/against either team. The proliferation of Bowls has had the effect of diminishing interest in the bowls- especially bottom feeding bowls featuring 6 win SBC teams against a 6 win CUSA team. Additionally, most Tulane fans are a bit unhappy with the results of this season with not a single win against a decent team under our belt and it will be a miracle if somehow people are interested in any of the myriad 6/6 bowls. Tulane did have somewhat of a rivalry with USM in the past but that has faded as we moved up in conference. I would guess that, without looking it up on the internet, not one Tulane fan in 100 can state where Troy, Appy State, GaS or any of the better teams from the SBC are going bowling much less than UL-Laf or USA. However, I know from your repeated posting on this site that Laffy fans love visiting New Orleans and seeing the big city and enjoying the many Rouses locations and chicken tender restaurants. I sincerely hope you enjoy your visit to NOLA and bring plenty of your fans, friends, cousin/wives, etc. to enjoy the big city sites and spend your money. On a side note, I was interested to see you call ULL a little sister school to Tulane. Although you are free to see your school as a little sister school it is not a view that any Tulane fans I know share. My personal view is the better school for ULL fans to see as a big brother school is LaTech.
I plan on going to the free concert the night before the game at Champions Square. Better Than Ezra and Gin Blossoms are playing.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

exflash wrote:Well, it shouldn't be that much of a surprise, as the conference has now made it official as to what our athletic name is to be referred to in all communications!!! BTW --nowhere did I mention Little sister as we are ranked higher than the Wave now in FB and in Basketball---did I read the UNO score correctly???
Umm...did I read the Tulane vs. UL-L score correctly? I believe it reads:

University of Louisiana AT LAFAYETTE: 39

THE TULANE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA: 41

'nuff said.

And oh, by the way, ESPN is running with "Louisiana-Lafayette" as they should be called. It keeps going across the bottom of the screen where they're showing the bowl matchups.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

enuff with this minor news...the major news..UTSA is going bowling !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
cajunfanatico
Swell

DfromCT wrote:And oh, by the way, ESPN is running with "Louisiana-Lafayette" as they should be called. It keeps going across the bottom of the screen where they're showing the bowl matchups.
Call us what you wish, just call!

ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Wave755
Tsunami

Congrats to both the USM Golden Eagles on their 28 to 21 2016 R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl win and ESPN broadcasters who consistently and correctly referred to ULALA throughout the game as Louisiana-Lafayette rather than "Louisiana." :thumbup:

:wave: Cajun Troll and Flasher must remember Louisiana is a state, not a tier 2 regional public university; again, kudos to ESPN for consistently stating for its NOLA Bowl broadcast ULALA's correct legal name. :megagrin:
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote:Congrats to both the USM Golden Eagles on their 28 to 21 2016 R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl win and ESPN broadcasters who consistently and correctly referred to ULALA throughout the game as Louisiana-Lafayette rather than "Louisiana." :thumbup:

:wave: Cajun Troll and Flasher must remember Louisiana is a state, not a tier 2 regional public university; again, kudos to ESPN for consistently stating for its NOLA Bowl broadcast ULALA's correct legal name. :megagrin:

As they did with virtually every ad for the bowl game the week leading up to the game. You're losing momentum with the media and that silly claim to a name that doesn't belong to you, not gaining.
cajunfanatico
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
Wave755 wrote:Congrats to both the USM Golden Eagles on their 28 to 21 2016 R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl win and ESPN broadcasters who consistently and correctly referred to ULALA throughout the game as Louisiana-Lafayette rather than "Louisiana." :thumbup:

As they did with virtually every ad for the bowl game the week leading up to the game. You're losing momentum with the media and that silly claim to a name that doesn't belong to you, not gaining.
Keep telling yourselves that. We've beaten ULM and the Sunbelt into submission. Now, the world! buwahhhhhaaahhhhhaaaa!!!!!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Too bad the picture didn't post, CF. I'm curious what it was?

Merry Christmas.
Wave755
Tsunami

:P
cajunfanatico wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

Keep telling yourselves that. We've beaten ULM and the Sunbelt into submission. Now, the world! buwahhhhhaaahhhhhaaaa!!!!!
But not CUSA 6&6 USM!!! :lolgreen: :winkkiss: :lolgreen:
cajunfanatico
Swell

Wave755 wrote::P
cajunfanatico wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

About 3 minutes to respond. Great to see you still don't care. LOL
cajunfanatico
Swell

DfromCT wrote:Too bad the picture didn't post, CF. I'm curious what it was?

Merry Christmas.
From the Tech bulletin boards. Here's a linky though don't know if you can view it there.

And Merry Christmas to you D from CT, hope all is well for you and the family.
Last edited by cajunfanatico on Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote:
Wave755 wrote::P
cajunfanatico wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

About 3 minutes to respond. Great to see you still don't care. LOL
Just love that 'lil' ULALA. :lolgreen: :lolgreen: :lolgreen:
BC Wave
Swell

enuff with this minor news...the major news..UTSA is going bowling !!!!

I suppose some in Lafayette would use the same logic to proclaim the Texas Roadrunners are going bowling!
cajunfanatico
Swell

BC Wave wrote:enuff with this minor news...the major news..UTSA is going bowling !!!!

I suppose some in Lafayette would use the same logic to proclaim the Texas Roadrunners are going bowling!
What's wrong with branding the sports teams as Louisiana Ragin Cajuns? It's not that someone was already using the name.
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote:
BC Wave wrote:enuff with this minor news...the major news..UTSA is going bowling !!!!

What's wrong with branding the sports teams as Louisiana Ragin Cajuns? It's not that someone was already using the name.
But Cajun Troll, to paraphrase the Bard of Avon, Shakespeare, "would a turd by any other name still not stink like..........." :P
kookingkajun
Low Tide

755 how old are you? You sound like a spoiled 10 year old girl whining. The header is for others schools not named Tulane. Why do you have to attack and insult his comments? You all complain about LSU fans, well pot meet kettle. At least they went to a bowl game. please grow up and stop embarrassing yourself and Tulane fans.
Wave755
Tsunami

kookingkajun wrote:755 how old are you? You sound like a spoiled 10 year old girl whining. The header is for others schools not named Tulane. Why do you have to attack and insult his comments? You all complain about LSU fans, well pot meet kettle. At least they went to a bowl game. please grow up and stop embarrassing yourself and Tulane fans.
If you want to see something embarrassing, take a look at ULALA's academic rankings.

And, no peace for trolls, you included. :D
kookingkajun
Low Tide

You proved me right. I rest my case. Enjoy your Barbie doll for Christmas.
Wave755
Tsunami

kookingkajun wrote:You proved me right, I rest my case. Enjoy your Barbie doll for Christmas.
You proved me right, you are a ULALA troll! :P
And now, please enjoy your joke university, joke coach and joke Sunbelt Conference over on your joke ULALA forum. :D
kookingkajun
Low Tide

You are so far from the truth. I've never been to a UL-L game. In fact I worked at Tulane in the 70's and was in their band when it was just called the TUB. I am a sports fan. You just remind me of the democrats whining about the election. You cry how one team treats Tulane fans and yet you do the same.
Maybe when you went to Tulane you received one of those letters sent in error but you cried so much they let you in. Ask around your fans here, you're embarrassing and juvenile.