N O Bowl

Wave755
Swell
Posts: 2233
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Re: N O Bowl

Postby Wave755 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:28 pm

kookingkajun wrote:You are so far from the truth. I've never been to a UL-L game. In fact I worked at Tulane in the 70's and was in their band when it was just called the TUB. I am a sports fan. You just remind me of the democrats whining about the election. You cry how one team treats Tulane fans and yet you do the same.
Maybe when you went to Tulane you received one of those letters sent in error but you cried so much they let you in. Ask around your fans here, you're embarrassing and juvenile.

Yea right, sure; and Viva the Wave & Donald Trump! :thumbup:



kookingkajun
Ripple
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:50 pm
Status: Offline

Re: N O Bowl

Postby kookingkajun » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:34 pm

The difference between us is that I can pull for anyone but you will always be stuck on stupid



Wave755
Swell
Posts: 2233
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Re: N O Bowl

Postby Wave755 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:16 pm

kookingkajun wrote:The difference between us is that I can pull for anyone but you will always be stuck on stupid

The difference between us is I have both a BA & JD from Tulane and in the 1970s you "worked there." :megagrin: And, yes, I bleed Green & Blue & love the Wave, no apologies to you (kookingkajun troll), Cajun Troll or anyone else. Other than the Saints I pull for no one but the Wave. One of the smartest decisions of my life was to attend Tulane, all 7 years. :1thumb:

Now back to the swamp where ULALA urchin like you belong (ULALA, formerly USL, The University of Slow Learners-a university you could at least gain admission to together with those others of the mentally challenged)! :wave:



kookingkajun
Ripple
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:50 pm
Status: Offline

Re: N O Bowl

Postby kookingkajun » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:24 pm

sorry I couldn't say I went to Tulane. My dad died when I was in HS so I had to go to UNO. Paid my own way. That's why I worked at Tulane.



cajunfanatico
Swell
Posts: 1046
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:10 am
Status: Offline

Re: N O Bowl

Postby cajunfanatico » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:03 pm

kookingkajun wrote:sorry I couldn't say I went to Tulane. My dad died when I was in HS so I had to go to UNO. Paid my own way. That's why I worked at Tulane.


My dad was a Tulane grad kookingkajun but I opted to attend USL as my grades weren't nearly good enough to get me into Tulane. Having said that, I made the right choice as I got a decent education that landed me a good job in the oilfied where I worked very hard for 20 years and retired at an early age. And don't take Wave755's insults personally. While his two Tulane degrees sound impressive, remember, this is the same guy who was shocked to learn that a 10 AM Central time kickoff between the Cajuns and Nevada a few years ago in the New Orleans Bowl meant that fans back in Nevada had to tune in at 8 AM. :lol:


Jonathan: I have nothing now to complain about on any TU coaches.

Wave755
Swell
Posts: 2233
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Re: N O Bowl

Postby Wave755 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:41 pm

cajunfanatico wrote:
kookingkajun wrote:sorry I couldn't say I went to Tulane. My dad died when I was in HS so I had to go to UNO. Paid my own way. That's why I worked at Tulane.


My dad was a Tulane grad kookingkajun but I opted to attend USL as my grades weren't nearly good enough to get me into Tulane. Having said that, I made the right choice as I got a decent education that landed me a good job in the oilfied where I worked very hard for 20 years and retired at an early age. And don't take Wave755's insults personally. While his two Tulane degrees sound impressive, remember, this is the same guy who was shocked to learn that a 10 AM Central time kickoff between the Cajuns and Nevada a few years ago in the New Orleans Bowl meant that fans back in Nevada had to tune in at 8 AM. :lol:

How apropo, a ULALA (a/k/a USL) degree gets you a job in the oil field :-P (although Cajun Troll's mother does still think he's a piano player in a whorehouse)! :megagrin:



kookingkajun
Ripple
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:50 pm
Status: Offline

Re: N O Bowl

Postby kookingkajun » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:59 pm

But your mama likes the way he plays the piano at her house.



Wave755
Swell
Posts: 2233
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Re: N O Bowl

Postby Wave755 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:10 pm

kookingkajun wrote:But your mama likes the way he plays the piano at her house.

Glad you recovered from your "self pity jag," little girl. :megagrin:



DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5284
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Re: N O Bowl

Postby DfromCT » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:18 pm

Wave755 wrote:How apropo, a ULALA (a/k/a USL) degree gets you a job in the oil field :-P (although Cajun Troll's mother does still think he's a piano player in a whorehouse)! :megagrin:


WTF does this post add to ANY conversation? A job in the oil field that allowed him to retire in his 40's is better than 95% of all Tulane grads jobs. C'mon man, get real. I wish I had graduated Tulane and taken that job instead of working on Wall St, then in the healthcare industry. If I could have gone to Phoenix University and gotten a job that would lead to retirement in 20 years, I would have taken it in a heartbeat over going to Tulane. As much as I love Tulane and live and bleed Olive Green and Sky Blue, I don't think my Tulane Education opened that many doors for me. 5 years out of college it means a whole lot more what you've done than where you went to college.

Sometimes our attempts at insulting others make Tulane look worse than those we're attempting to insult. The post quoted above is an example of EXACTLY THAT. Wave755 is doing what Tulane does BEST: Shooting ourselves in the foot. Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut than to open it and display your bias leading you to idiotic statements.


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5284
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Re: N O Bowl

Postby DfromCT » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:22 pm

And furthermore, I have a roommate from Tulane that graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering. His first job out of college was with an insect exterminator company. His second was offshore on a rig. Then he went to work on Wall Street (abandoning his engineering degree) and has become one of the most successful proxy war managers in the world. So what did his Tulane Degree do for him? C'mon Wave755, what the F are you going to say about that? He's a brilliant man that succeeded DESPITE his Tulane degree.


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

kookingkajun
Ripple
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:50 pm
Status: Offline

Re: N O Bowl

Postby kookingkajun » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:49 pm

Thank you D. My whole point of this is the section is titled other Louisiana schools and 755 comes out and belittles everyone that post especially from UL. He is the poster child of the mightier than thou attitude just becausebhe went to TU. My dad once asked what do you call and a$$hole that goes to school and gets all sorts of degrees but never changes? Answer was an a$$hole. Like I stated earlier he's stuck on stupid



Wave755
Swell
Posts: 2233
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Re: N O Bowl

Postby Wave755 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:19 pm

DfromCT wrote:And furthermore, I have a roommate from Tulane that graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering. His first job out of college was with an insect exterminator company. His second was offshore on a rig. Then he went to work on Wall Street (abandoning his engineering degree) and has become one of the most successful proxy war managers in the world. So what did his Tulane Degree do for him? C'mon Wave755, what the F are you going to say about that? He's a brilliant man that succeeded DESPITE his Tulane degree.

Truly a strange comment indeed, "in spite of a Tulane degree"? I thank God for my Tulane law degree and it giving me the ability to do what I love.

Perhaps you would have been happier at a joke school like ULALA so you too could later work the oilfield? You should get real, Tulane is one of the greatest universities in the United States. I will always be a proud Tulanian. With the passing of each year I am all the more grateful for having decided upon Tulane. I only wish all of my decisions at 18 years of age were as wise as that for attending Tulane.:)



DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5284
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Re: N O Bowl

Postby DfromCT » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:09 pm

Wave755 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:And furthermore, I have a roommate from Tulane that graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering. His first job out of college was with an insect exterminator company. His second was offshore on a rig. Then he went to work on Wall Street (abandoning his engineering degree) and has become one of the most successful proxy war managers in the world. So what did his Tulane Degree do for him? C'mon Wave755, what the F are you going to say about that? He's a brilliant man that succeeded DESPITE his Tulane degree.

Truly a strange comment indeed, "in spite of a Tulane degree"? I thank God for my Tulane law degree and it giving me the ability to do what I love.

Perhaps you would have been happier at a joke school like ULALA so you too could later work the oilfield? You should get real, Tulane is one of the greatest universities in the United States. I will always be a proud Tulanian. With the passing of each year I am all the more grateful for having decided upon Tulane. I only wish all of my decisions at 18 years of age were as wise as that for attending Tulane.:)


I'm very proud to be a Tulane Alumnus, until I read posts like yours belittling someone that went to another University and went on to find a job in ANY INDUSTRY that afforded him to retire after 20 years. Perhaps you should consider that it's possible to get a great education at many other Universities, even those that are nowhere near as prestigious as Tulane. Looking down your nose at someone that went to UL-L (or USL as it was known then) whom went on to accomplish more than most Tulane graduates do in 20 years, simply because he went to UL-L is ludicrous. I've hired kids that never went to college that turned out better than some that went to schools as good or better than Tulane.

The high horse we try to ride on as Tulane grads often makes us look worse than those we're criticizing. I think that applies here.


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

Wave755
Swell
Posts: 2233
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Re: N O Bowl

Postby Wave755 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:40 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Wave75u5 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:And furthermore, I have a roommate from Tulane that graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering. His first job out of college was with an insect exterminator company. His second was offshore on a rig. Then he went to work on Wall Street (abandoning his engineering degree) and has become one of the most successful proxy war managers in the world. So what did his Tulane Degree do for him? C'mon Wave755, what the F are you going to say about that? He's a brilliant man that succeeded DESPITE his Tulane degree.

Truly a strange comment indeed, "in spite of a Tulane degree"? I thank God for my Tulane law degree and it giving me the ability to do what I love.

Perhaps you would have been happier at a joke school like ULALA so you too could later work the oilfield? You should get real, Tulane is one of the greatest universities in the United States. I will always be a proud Tulanian. With the passing of each year I am all the more grateful for having decided upon Tulane. I only wish all of my decisions at 18 years of age were as wise as that for attending Tulane.:)


I'm very proud to be a Tulane Alumnus, until I read posts like yours belittling someone that went to another University and went on to find a job in ANY INDUSTRY that afforded him to retire after 20 years. Perhaps you should consider that it's possible to get a great education at many other Universities, even those that are nowhere near as prestigious as Tulane. Looking down your nose at someone that went to UL-L (or USL as it was known then) whom went on to accomplish more than most Tulane graduates do in 20 years, simply because he went to UL-L is ludicrous. I've hired kids that never went to college that turned out better than some that went to schools as good or better than Tulane.

The high horse we try to ride on as Tulane grads often makes us look worse than those we're criticizing. I think that applies here.

Oh D, take a deep breath, Cajun Troll & Flasher are trolls and this all began with my celebrating ESPN's decision to refer to ULALA for the NOLA Bowl as Louisiana-Lafayette rather than "Louisiana."

And yes, every Tulanian I know, and I know many, is proud for having attended Tulane. We are the measure of Louisiana and our only southern peers are Vandy, Rice, Duke & Emory.

Cajun Troll and Flasher are Tulane haters and I will continue to give them as good as we get. While a person can be successful having graduated from any university or without having attended any university at all, it is still absurd to compare an UNO or ULALA to a university of Tulane's caliber. Cajun Troll and Flasher are on this forum to do just that by celebrating our shortcomings for athletics which after decades of neglect are many and at the same time inflate ULALA with silly names such as "Louisiana."

D, I make no apologies for my posts; "no peace for trolls." :-D



DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5284
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Re: N O Bowl

Postby DfromCT » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:10 am

Wave755 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Wave75u5 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:And furthermore, I have a roommate from Tulane that graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering. His first job out of college was with an insect exterminator company. His second was offshore on a rig. Then he went to work on Wall Street (abandoning his engineering degree) and has become one of the most successful proxy war managers in the world. So what did his Tulane Degree do for him? C'mon Wave755, what the F are you going to say about that? He's a brilliant man that succeeded DESPITE his Tulane degree.

Truly a strange comment indeed, "in spite of a Tulane degree"? I thank God for my Tulane law degree and it giving me the ability to do what I love.

Perhaps you would have been happier at a joke school like ULALA so you too could later work the oilfield? You should get real, Tulane is one of the greatest universities in the United States. I will always be a proud Tulanian. With the passing of each year I am all the more grateful for having decided upon Tulane. I only wish all of my decisions at 18 years of age were as wise as that for attending Tulane.:)


I'm very proud to be a Tulane Alumnus, until I read posts like yours belittling someone that went to another University and went on to find a job in ANY INDUSTRY that afforded him to retire after 20 years. Perhaps you should consider that it's possible to get a great education at many other Universities, even those that are nowhere near as prestigious as Tulane. Looking down your nose at someone that went to UL-L (or USL as it was known then) whom went on to accomplish more than most Tulane graduates do in 20 years, simply because he went to UL-L is ludicrous. I've hired kids that never went to college that turned out better than some that went to schools as good or better than Tulane.

The high horse we try to ride on as Tulane grads often makes us look worse than those we're criticizing. I think that applies here.

Oh D, take a deep breath, Cajun Troll & Flasher are trolls and this all began with my celebrating ESPN's decision to refer to ULALA for the NOLA Bowl as Louisiana-Lafayette rather than "Louisiana."

And yes, every Tulanian I know, and I know many, is proud for having attended Tulane. We are the measure of Louisiana and our only southern peers are Vandy, Rice, Duke & Emory.

Cajun Troll and Flasher are Tulane haters and I will continue to give them as good as we get. While a person can be successful having graduated from any university or without having attended any university at all, it is still absurd to compare an UNO or ULALA to a university of Tulane's caliber. Cajun Troll and Flasher are on this forum to do just that by celebrating our shortcomings for athletics which after decades of neglect are many and at the same time inflate ULALA with silly names such as "Louisiana."

D, I make no apologies for my posts; "no peace for trolls." :-D


So the 40+ Universities that rank higher than Tulane should look down their noses and scoff at us that "only went to Tulane, that party school in New Orleans?" There are some that blow us out of the water both academically and athletically. Stanford, Notre Dame, Duke, Michigan to name the first three that come to mind off the top of my head. We're not close to being their peers in academics or athletics.

CF is not a troll. Flasher is.


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

cajunfanatico
Swell
Posts: 1046
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:10 am
Status: Offline

Re: N O Bowl

Postby cajunfanatico » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:59 am

Merry Christmas to everyone here, even you Wave755. I hope everyone has their best-ever Christmas with family and friends.


Jonathan: I have nothing now to complain about on any TU coaches.

Wave755
Swell
Posts: 2233
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Re: N O Bowl

Postby Wave755 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:05 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Wave75u5 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:And furthermore, I have a roommate from Tulane that graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering. His first job out of college was with an insect exterminator company. His second was offshore on a rig. Then he went to work on Wall Street (abandoning his engineering degree) and has become one of the most successful proxy war managers in the world. So what did his Tulane Degree do for him? C'mon Wave755, what the F are you going to say about that? He's a brilliant man that succeeded DESPITE his Tulane degree.

Truly a strange comment indeed, "in spite of a Tulane degree"? I thank God for my Tulane law degree and it giving me the ability to do what I love.

Perhaps you would have been happier at a joke school like ULALA so you too could later work the oilfield? You should get real, Tulane is one of the greatest universities in the United States. I will always be a proud Tulanian. With the passing of each year I am all the more grateful for having decided upon Tulane. I only wish all of my decisions at 18 years of age were as wise as that for attending Tulane.:)


I'm very proud to be a Tulane Alumnus, until I read posts like yours belittling someone that went to another University and went on to find a job in ANY INDUSTRY that afforded him to retire after 20 years. Perhaps you should consider that it's possible to get a great education at many other Universities, even those that are nowhere near as prestigious as Tulane. Looking down your nose at someone that went to UL-L (or USL as it was known then) whom went on to accomplish more than most Tulane graduates do in 20 years, simply because he went to UL-L is ludicrous. I've hired kids that never went to college that turned out better than some that went to schools as good or better than Tulane.

The high horse we try to ride on as Tulane grads often makes us look worse than those we're criticizing. I think that applies here.

Oh D, take a deep breath, Cajun Troll & Flasher are trolls and this all began with my celebrating ESPN's decision to refer to ULALA for the NOLA Bowl as Louisiana-Lafayette rather than "Louisiana."

And yes, every Tulanian I know, and I know many, is proud for having attended Tulane. We are the measure of Louisiana and our only southern peers are Vandy, Rice, Duke & Emory.

Cajun Troll and Flasher are Tulane haters and I will continue to give them as good as we get. While a person can be successful having graduated from any university or without having attended any university at all, it is still absurd to compare an UNO or ULALA to a university of Tulane's caliber. Cajun Troll and Flasher are on this forum to do just that by celebrating our shortcomings for athletics which after decades of neglect are many and at the same time inflate ULALA with silly names such as "Louisiana."

D, I make no apologies for my posts; "no peace for trolls." :-D


So the 40+ Universities that rank higher than Tulane should look down their noses and scoff at us that "only went to Tulane, that party school in New Orleans?" There are some that blow us out of the water both academically and athletically. Stanford, Notre Dame, Duke, Michigan to name the first three that come to mind off the top of my head. We're not close to being their peers in academics or athletics.

CF is not a troll. Flasher is.

Wow D, you placed the above post on Christmas Eve morning at 5:10 a.m. EST or for us, 4:10 a.m. CST?

And, in reply to your post I will only say, a very Merry Christmas to all!



DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5284
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Re: N O Bowl

Postby DfromCT » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:07 pm

Likewise to you, and everyone here at GoTula.net. Feliz Navidad, Prospero año why felicidad!


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

exflash
High Tide
Posts: 260
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:36 am
Status: Offline

Re: N O Bowl

Postby exflash » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:44 am

OK guys---Happy New Year---thought I would give a visit---yes congrats on beating the Cajuns in the early season---we had some close defeats including the 4 OTs but did manage to Bowl and until the final last 2 minutes could have won it----basketball we look to do very well in our ultra beautiful newly redone $25mill Cajun Dome---WBB so much better and will post season along with the guys----softball we will have a chance to go to the W-World Series and hopefully host a Super in one of the top stadia in the country---and the baseball park will be a great one that we have waited so long for----BTW if you think that this forum is negative go to the Ragin Pagin----and hopefully we will see you guys next Fall as a tier one university as we are very close to that status with a 20K plus enrollment!!! BTW, the NO enrollment continues to grow with about 25 per year from Jesuit and 65 from Brother Martin---great place to get out of the city!!!



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest