CajunDome wrapping up $21 Million Dollar Renovation

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
cajunfanatico
Swell

“It’s going to be a lot more like going to the theatre,” Davis said. “It’s going to be a lot more intimate.

“The court is going to be the center of focus. There will be more lighting on the court and the light will dissipate as you go up.”

The seats and the walls are now black, so feature the light on the court or the stage more than before.

The new seats also feature cupholders on every seat in the house and there will now be rails from the floor to the ceiling to make climbing stairs to your seats a much easier process.

Basketball seating will go from about 11,200 to 12,300, sais Ashurst.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/news ... /94237674/

Before:

After:

phpBB [video]

ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wow! That looks awesome! I've been to the old Cajun Dome to see Country Day win a couple of state championships. I can't wait to go back now and see that upgrade. Place needed something. Now all you need is a good team to complement that. ;)
PS that new court with the Cypress Tree look is really badass!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
cajunfanatico
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Wow! That looks awesome! I've been to the old Cajun Dome to see Country Day win a couple of state championships. I can't wait to go back now and see that upgrade. Place needed something. Now all you need is a good team to complement that. ;)
PS that new court with the Cypress Tree look is really badass!
Thanks for the fine words TPS. So far the reviews have been outstanding with both fans and players loving the new look. A photo of the court does not do it justice from what I've heard. The cypress swamp scene is all part of the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns branding program which seems to really be coming together. BTW, ULM has instructed the SunBelt press office that they no longer want to use Louisiana-Monroe, but ULM instead. The Cajun program has requested to be called Louisiana which the SunBelt office has accepted and will use LA for the abbreviation.

So yeah, with all that, a good basketball team would be nice.

Hey, almost forgot. We FINALLY got rid of AD Scott Farmer!!!!! :D
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.