Final: Boise State Broncos 45, ULALA 10

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
exflash
High Tide

How much will the Cajuns win by Saturday MORNING at !!!!!!

ccap05
Surge

I assume that this post was written in Lafayette's own unique style of English where certain words (such as "at Lafayette") are dropped causing confusion to everyone not steeped in the "culture" of ULL. Can you re-write your post so that it makes sense to those of us who only speak standard English?
exflash
High Tide

Louisiana Ragin Cajuns Saturday at 11:00---some almost upsets tonight by our conference teams---so close to beating Tenn by Appy---wish ya'll could have won to help our ranking!!!
Wave755
Tsunami

Vegas line holds for Boise State 20 pts. > ULALA @ Lafayette (nos. 203-204 for sheet).

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/ :megagrin:
Wave755
Tsunami

Congrats to the Boise State Broncos on their 45 to 10 "little road win" over ULALA @ Lafayette. :fastclap:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Can't be. zombie said they were unbeatable now that they have Jennings at QB.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

And, next week ULALA plays a McNeese State team that won 10 games last year and then the week after that ULALA plays a South Alabama team that just today beat Mississippi State at Starkville. Will 'dem Cajuns 'dun be 0-3 when on 9/24 d'ay play 'dat 'der Green Wave in New Orleans? :lolgreen:
ccap05
Surge

Laffy lost this one in quite impressive fashion. Next week's McNeese State game (the annual "Cajun Crown" game) is one of UL-Ls two great rivalries (along with the ULM game). McNeese leads the series 20-15-2 and this years game should be another challenge for ULL as they try to establish that they are one of the best teams in the Lafayette/Lake Charles corridor. This year looks to be another challenging re-building attempt for UL-Lafayette as they struggle to remain relevant in the SBC football standings.
Wave755
Tsunami

But cap, look at it this way, at least the ULALA "big D" held the Broncos to only 584 total yards of offense and 28 first downs before an announced crowd of 22,661 down on 'da "by-o." And, oh yea, "The Hudspeth Magic" starts off right where it left 'dem Cajuns for 2015.:thumbup:
ccap05
Surge

Wave755 wrote:But cap, look at it this way, at least the ULALA "big D" held the Broncos to only 584 total yards of offense and 28 first downs before an announced crowd of 22,661 down on 'da "by-o." And, oh yea, "The Hudspeth Magic" starts off right where it left 'dem Cajuns for 2015.:thumbup:
Wave755- I have previously given the benefit of the doubt to the LaLaf people who insist that their attendance figures are correct as opposed to everyone else who doctors theirs. However, that will no longer be the case as pictures of the game clearly show that the Laffy stadium was basically empty and any claim to 22,661 attending that game is clearly the result of a grossly overactive imagination. This is what happens when you schedule afternoon games in LA in Sept (we learned this last year). In any event, Laffy is now turning their laser like focus unto their big game vs McNeese- after all that is what determines the true championship of South/Southwest Louisiana.
Wave755
Tsunami

ccap05 wrote:
Wave755 wrote:But cap, look at it this way, at least the ULALA "big D" held the Broncos to only 584 total yards of offense and 28 first downs before an announced crowd of 22,661 down on 'da "by-o." And, oh yea, "The Hudspeth Magic" starts off right where it left 'dem Cajuns for 2015.:thumbup:
Wave755- I have previously given the benefit of the doubt to the LaLaf people who insist that their attendance figures are correct as opposed to everyone else who doctors theirs. However, that will no longer be the case as pictures of the game clearly show that the Laffy stadium was basically empty and any claim to 22,661 attending that game is clearly the result of a grossly overactive imagination. This is what happens when you schedule afternoon games in LA in Sept (we learned this last year). In any event, Laffy is now turning their laser like focus unto their big game vs McNeese- after all that is what determines the true championship of South/Southwest Louisiana.
Ccap, below is a nice video highlights wrap-up of the ULALA game from the Boise State local TV channel's perspective. And you're right, the stadium was only about half-full for the ULALA home opener. :thumbup:

http://www.ktvb.com/sports/ncaaf/boise- ... /313276894
DrBox
Riptide

ccap05 wrote: I have previously given the benefit of the doubt to the LaLaf people who insist that their attendance figures are correct as opposed to everyone else who doctors theirs.
That was awfully kind of you.
I wouldn't care about their attendance except that ULL fans A)incredibly, ridicule others' attendance and b) claim they use actual attendance when they have always used tickets distributed like everyone else. Looking at crowds has consistently verified that.

They have heavy debt service on their stadium fix-up and on their new baseball stadium, so they need to keep their ticket-buyers interested.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote:Vegas line holds for Boise State 20 pts. > ULALA @ Lafayette (nos. 203-204 for sheet).

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/ :megagrin:
And if you took Boise and laid the points YOU WERE AN EASY WINNER. University of Louisiana AT LAFAYETTE took one on the chin yesterday. I hope they got paid well to travel to the middle of nowhere, Idaho.

Edit: UL-L didn't have to travel. They had to pay Boise State to come to Lafayette to deliver the butt kicking. Must have been tough for the Lafayette faithful to sit through.

Funny thing: Exflash hasn't been here since UL-L opened their season with a big fat L.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
cajunfanatico
Swell

DrBox wrote:I wouldn't care about their attendance except that ULL fans A)incredibly, ridicule others' attendance and b) claim they use actual attendance when they have always used tickets distributed like everyone else.
That is simply not true and I have posted the article numerous times quoting the Cajun official who said they scanned tickets and student IDs at the gate and reported that number. I believe that in the last two years they are finally doing what everyone else has been doing for a lot longer, which is report tickets distributed.

We do appreciate your continued interest in the Cajun athletic program and would like to give special recognition to Wave755's incredible level of not caring.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
DrBox
Riptide

I see the ULL raginpagins, that whine about relationships with other schools to improve their schedule, is doing what they do best: denigrate. Today, this lovable bunch is mocking Tulane students who get robbed, all cloaked in their usual pejoratives. Just can't understand why people don't want to share a league with this lovable bunch.
Wave755
Tsunami

DrBox wrote:I see the ULL raginpagins, that whine about relationships with other schools to improve their schedule, is doing what they do best: denigrate. Today, this lovable bunch is mocking Tulane students who get robbed, all cloaked in their usual pejoratives. Just can't understand why people don't want to share a league with this lovable bunch.
A true good laugh is the ULALA USN&WR academic ranking or lack thereof for 2017. :)

And, on 9/24 at Yulman the Wave fans will be the ones laughing. :yes:
ccap05
Surge

cajunfanatico wrote:
DrBox wrote:I wouldn't care about their attendance except that ULL fans A)incredibly, ridicule others' attendance and b) claim they use actual attendance when they have always used tickets distributed like everyone else.
That is simply not true and I have posted the article numerous times quoting the Cajun official who said they scanned tickets and student IDs at the gate and reported that number. I believe that in the last two years they are finally doing what everyone else has been doing for a lot longer, which is report tickets distributed.

We do appreciate your continued interest in the Cajun athletic program and would like to give special recognition to Wave755's incredible level of not caring.
Interesting that you come on the Tulane board, post about Lafayette, and then make snide comments about Dr.Box when he responds (insinuating that he is fascinated by all things UL-Lafayette). This is exactly the type of behavior that makes pretty much every fan base dislike ULL.

To your point; I simply no longer believe "the article ...quoting the Cajun official" who claimed that in the past only actual butts in the seats were counted. However, the discussion is irrelevant- you are talking about at least two years ago. At present it is accepted that Laffy is counting tickets distributed and so can claim no moral high ground based on allegedly doctored attendance figures.

It will be interesting to see what Lafayette's attendance does next year. Unless the team really improves immediately they are facing a really bad season. Your athletic department was unable to schedule so much as a single OOC Division one home game. If there is any major conference realignment it will eventually reach all the way down to the SBC pulling USA and ARK state (probably) up to CUSA and leaving ULL with an increasingly uninteresting and irrelevant cast of conference foes. The long term outlook, starting next year, is bleak to say the least.

On the bright side, you guys have the opportunity next week to visit NOLA to play a Tulane team on the upswing. This will probably be your last opportunity to play Tulane for quite awhile and I urge you to make the most of it and enjoy the chance to visit and play at Tulane. Further good news is found in the fact that there are now more Rouses than ever in the greater NOLA area which should mean that picking a parking lot for the ULALA pep rally should be a breeze.
cajunfanatico
Swell

ccap05 wrote:Interesting that you come on the Tulane board, post about Lafayette, and then make snide comments about Dr.Box when he responds (insinuating that he is fascinated by all things UL-Lafayette).
Would this be the same Dr. Box who, in a post just above yours, tells us he's been visiting RaginPagin? Obviously another Dr. Box.
ccap05 wrote: To your point; I simply no longer believe "the article ...quoting the Cajun official" who claimed that in the past only actual butts in the seats were counted. However, the discussion is irrelevant- you are talking about at least two years ago. At present it is accepted that Laffy is counting tickets distributed and so can claim no moral high ground based on allegedly doctored attendance figures.
You can choose to believe the article, or not. I merely responded to Box's assertion that ULL "has always reported tickets distributed", which I believe is clearly false. The article in fact was generated because Hud was whining about reported attendance at a specific home game.
ccap05 wrote: It will be interesting to see what Lafayette's attendance does next year. Unless the team really improves immediately they are facing a really bad season. Your athletic department was unable to schedule so much as a single OOC Division one home game. If there is any major conference realignment it will eventually reach all the way down to the SBC pulling USA and ARK state (probably) up to CUSA and leaving ULL with an increasingly uninteresting and irrelevant cast of conference foes. The long term outlook, starting next year, is bleak to say the least.

On the bright side, you guys have the opportunity next week to visit NOLA to play a Tulane team on the upswing. This will probably be your last opportunity to play Tulane for quite awhile and I urge you to make the most of it and enjoy the chance to visit and play at Tulane. Further good news is found in the fact that there are now more Rouses than ever in the greater NOLA area which should mean that picking a parking lot for the ULALA pep rally should be a breeze.
I wasn't aware of the single OOC Division one home game statistic, but thank you for the information. Like statistics on our opponents often supplied by Wave755, and your extensive analysis of our chances during the next round of conference realignment, I normally have to come here to get the real scoop on Cajun athletics.

I'd like to thank you personally for your continued interest in Cajun athletics and hope you'll keep the reports coming.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.