Groza award watch list kicker available

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Trent Domingue is leaving LSU. Looks like he would be a 5th year grad transfer who wouldn't have to sit out.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... b5f61.html

“It was a one-year award. By way of a one-year award, we did not renew his scholarship for the next (year),” Miles said. “Really, all I told him was to give me a few days, some time, and we’ll make this work. I could not resign him until the day before the first class so, but that’s just how I did it the year before.

“He was probably going to end up with a grant-and-aid,” the coach later said. “He never came here with a promise of grant-in-aid. He walked on. He competed, did what he was supposed to do and he earned a grant. I told him, ‘If we’re in a position where we have a grant, it’s going to be yours.’ He just didn’t want to give me time to do that.”

Ok, this is the kicker LSU didn't give a scholly to this year, would love to sign him, but.....my question is what the hell is Miles talking about here? Renewing before the first day of class? GRANTS AND AID? So LSU football is supplementing their schollies with grants (why can't TU baseball do the same)? Is Miles serious in asking a Lou Groza nominee to wait for the first day of classes to accept a schollie? What am I missing here?
lurker123
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... b5f61.html

“It was a one-year award. By way of a one-year award, we did not renew his scholarship for the next (year),” Miles said. “Really, all I told him was to give me a few days, some time, and we’ll make this work. I could not resign him until the day before the first class so, but that’s just how I did it the year before.

“He was probably going to end up with a grant-and-aid,” the coach later said. “He never came here with a promise of grant-in-aid. He walked on. He competed, did what he was supposed to do and he earned a grant. I told him, ‘If we’re in a position where we have a grant, it’s going to be yours.’ He just didn’t want to give me time to do that.”

Ok, this is the kicker LSU didn't give a scholly to this year, would love to sign him, but.....my question is what the hell is Miles talking about here? Renewing before the first day of class? GRANTS AND AID? So LSU football is supplementing their schollies with grants (why can't TU baseball do the same)? Is Miles serious in asking a Lou Groza nominee to wait for the first day of classes to accept a schollie? What am I missing here?
"Grants and Aid" here mean full football scholarship. Obviously if Les had one hanging around on the day before class started it was Domingue's on a "trust me" basis. Sort of rude of Miles to be surprised and apparently irritated that if Domingue accepted that offer, he literally had no other options. He must have thought Domingue just fell off the turnip truck.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

There's definitely something missing there. Les Miles can't be serious.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Topic already exist here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8952
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

lurker123 wrote:

"Grants and Aid" here mean full football scholarship. Obviously if Les had one hanging around on the day before class started it was Domingue's on a "trust me" basis. Sort of rude of Miles to be surprised and apparently irritated that if Domingue accepted that offer, he literally had no other options. He must have thought Domingue just fell off the turnip truck.
I considered that, just never heard of an athletic scholarship called "grants and aid".

Miles ego knows no bounds.....asking a kid to wait until the first day of classes for a scholarship offer, good grief. Major college football really is a racket.
Pepper
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:

There's definitely something missing there. Les Miles can't be serious.
There's something rotten in Denmark.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I was undder the impression when a kid signed, he was given an... "Athletic Grant in Aide"...you call it tomatoe...I call it tomatoh....6 of one...a half dozen of another
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !