Cajun Dome Facility

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
exflash
High Tide

Great work ($22 million worth) to the Cajun Dome ---it will now be a lot more friendly to UL basketball as there will be a complete circle area---guess it will hold about 12K!!The baseball stadium will start at the end of this years home games and it is going to be one of the finest in the country!!!

mbawavefan12
Tsunami

exflash wrote:Great work ($22 million worth) to the Cajun Dome ---it will now be a lot more friendly to UL basketball as there will be a complete circle area---guess it will hold about 12K!!The baseball stadium will start at the end of this years home games and it is going to be one of the finest in the country!!!
Visited UL-L for the first time recently. Most of the campus looks nice but I have to say Cajun Field and The Cajun Dome looked absolutely awful. No wonder CUSA has passed, it looks like cold war Soviet Union. Frankly I was very surprised. The renovations are badly needed, hope it works out for you guys. It is a little strange that you are battling major budget issues but spending millions on athletics. Have to get to Tier I status, maybe the athletic investments will actually help with that....

BTW, I am one who doesn't care about the UL-L vs UL stuff and respect the growth at UL-L, so I am no hater.
exflash
High Tide

Thanks for the kind words about our campus----the Dome and Cajun Field along with the baseball stadium are the last 3 in line and the ugly administration building that sits nearly in the middle of Tennis, the IPF, the APC, and the FB stadium will be history-----on the perimeter of Congress will be a complete set of business/residential construction that will provide athletic revenue big time with really out of the box plans---Post if you are coming again--I will show you around but I get Pasqual Manale's or Upperline when I go to the condo in NO---Thanks again!!!
DrBox
Riptide

mbawavefan12 wrote:
exflash wrote:Great work ($22 million worth) to the Cajun Dome ---it will now be a lot more friendly to UL basketball as there will be a complete circle area---guess it will hold about 12K!!The baseball stadium will start at the end of this years home games and it is going to be one of the finest in the country!!!
It is a little strange that you are battling major budget issues but spending millions on athletics. Have to get to Tier I status, maybe the athletic investments will actually help with that....
For one thing the Cajun Dome is not owned by ULL, so they're not paying for the renovations. They rent the Cajun Dome.
exflash
High Tide

Actually, there is some co-ownership of some kind but we don't rent the Dome---I think we own it and the City pays the upkeep---I think Fanatico can answer, but the facility will be magnificent!!!
DrBox
Riptide

Maybe the taxpayers gave it to you, or whatever.
ULL does its thing; Tulane does its.

Good luck.
cajunfanatico
Swell

The facility is a recognizable Lafayette landmark that was built by the State of Louisiana, funded by the City of Lafayette, and is owned by the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and managed by the Cajundome Commission.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cajundome
And yes, both the Cajundome and Cajun Field look horrid. And yes, both are in line for much-needed renovations.

The first phase of Cajun Field renovation, bowling in the south endzone been completed which will provide exta seating while the existing pressbox is demolished and replaced along with suites. Baseball will have a new grandstand by first pitch of next year as well. We're not where we want to be, but we're getting there.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.