Cajuns Baseball Sets New Season Ticket Record

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
cajunfanatico
Swell

For the second straight season, the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns baseball team has set a new season ticket record as 2,763 season tickets have been sold heading into the 2016 campaign, Director of Athletics Scott Farmer announced on Wednesday.

"Players say it over and over again that they sign to play here because of the atmosphere," head coach Tony Robichaux said. "That atmosphere is created by the fans that we have here. They are extremely loyal and keep coming out year after year and create an atmosphere here that can't be replicated. Our fans are the backbone of this program, and our players and coaches can't thank them enough for their support over the years. This record is even more impressive considering the fact that people are facing tough times economically and some people are losing their jobs. Now as players and coaches, we have to go out and back up the support that our fans have given us."

Louisiana has ranked in the top 15 in attendance nationally three of the last five seasons coming in at the No. 11 spot a year ago in average attendance with an average of 3,908 fans in attendance in 2015.

http://ragincajuns.com/news/2016/1/20/B ... h=baseball

ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
ccap05
Surge

And yet they are still stuck playing at a double directional, non-academic, SBC school in Lafayette. You simply can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. On how many websites have you posted the same cut and paste UL-Lafayette pr blurb?
exflash
High Tide

And still ranked above the Greenies in just about all sports----BTW come see us play LSU in N O----Should be a great game as #6 UL plays #7 LSU!!!
Jonathan
Riptide

We are so excited about that. David Pierce at Tulane will kick U La La ass on the baseball field as will LSU A&M. Both tier one academic universities unlike the Cajuns
exflash
High Tide

Yea we are that under rated university that educates kids that can go out and find a job----not just liberal university professor hopefuls who either move in with mommy and dad or get enough from them to sit on their ass without a job------ or go on and get a doctorate and still not find a job!!!
ccap05
Surge

exflash wrote:Yea we are that under rated university that educates kids that can go out and find a job----not just liberal university professor hopefuls who either move in with mommy and dad or get enough from them to sit on their ass without a job------ or go on and get a doctorate and still not find a job!!!
ExFlash- Do you ever question the amount of time you spend on our fanboard trying to somehow convince Tulane fans that UL-Lafayette is a better University than Tulane? You have now taken that to a new extreme- directly insulting the value of a Tulane education and the students who seek an education at Tulane. Besides the boorishness of posting ridiculous criticisms of Tulane University (and Tulane students) on a Tulane board your postings display a sad and distasteful defensiveness which is indicative of an inferiority complex. Your criticism of the value of a Tulane degree is an example of the type of classlessness that leads fans on many boards to dislike UL-L fans. If you ever had any questions about why people do not respond well to your postings I think that reviewing your last post will give you your answer.
cajunfanatico
Swell

As a website dedicated to Tulane athletics, and with a subforum dedicated to the athletic programs of other Louisiana schools, can we just try to stay on topic, athletics, and stop the stupid academic smack talk?

Another record year for season ticket sales, another year of fan support that ranks in the Top 20 in the nation and this coming at a time, as Robe points out, when the state and local economies are getting hammered by low oil prices.That's a testament to how excited we Cajun fans are about the upcoming season. Cajun baseball should enjoy another super year on the diamond and I'm sure that those who support the program will be rewarded with another quality Robe-type effort.

New lighting is currently being installed and after the final pitch of the 2016 season, work will begin on a complete overhauling of the grandstand and pressbox.

I think baseball may be the greatest game ever played and I hope everyone has an enjoyable season. There's a lot for both of our fanbases to be excited and pleased about.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
exflash
High Tide

This is another problem with some of these boards---parts of posts are taken out of context or totally misread-----I didn't knock a Tulane education---You knocked a UL education----My reply dealt with not the quality of a Tulane education whatsoever-----the problem is that there aren't any jobs in the fields that they are graduating in for good paying future employment----the MDs and the lawyers will do fine but not the school of liberal art majors!!!
Wave755
Tsunami

exflash wrote:This is another problem with some of these boards---parts of posts are taken out of context or totally misread-----I didn't knock a Tulane education---You knocked a UL education----My reply dealt with not the quality of a Tulane education whatsoever-----the problem is that there aren't any jobs in the fields that they are graduating in for good paying future employment----the MDs and the lawyers will do fine but not the school of liberal art majors!!!
Flasher, neither you nor yo' momma could get into today's Tulane even with AK-47s under each of your respective right arms. :D
ccap05
Surge

Flasher-

Ex-Flash wrote: "Yea we are that under rated university that educates kids that can go out and find a job----not just liberal university professor hopefuls who either move in with mommy and dad or get enough from them to sit on their ass without a job------ or go on and get a doctorate and still not find a job!!!"

I will let your original post speak for itself regarding what you wrote about Tulane on a Tulane board. The insult to a Tulane education seemed clear to me and the your comparison of the Tulane education to a UL-Lafayette education was fairly straightforward. You are, of course, free to believe that a UL-Lafayette education is more valuable than a Tulane education. I suggest, however, that a random sample of educated people (not only ULL fans posting on other Universities fan sites) would show that the vast majority of people disagree with you.
exflash
High Tide

OK ---go back and read my post---I did not knock Tulane's education---I pointed out that what has been brought up on numerous occasions by writers as to the lack of jobs for Liberal arts degrees---I guess my knock on Tulane would only be if it would have the great % of professors with a Progressive political stance of other major private schools---I don't like the ideology being a pragmatic educated guy!!!
BC Wave
Swell

Different schools, different missions.

I graduated from UL in education and used it to go to grad school in a different area. We were better known for our Pharmacy School, which was rated top 20 when I was there.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Ccap05, I realize Ex hurt your feelings and all, and as a fellow Cajun fan, I apologize on his behalf. But can you at least be honest and agree that the following comment was uncalled for in a thread started about Cajun baseball and properly placed in the correct forum?
And yet they are still stuck playing at a double directional, non-academic, SBC school in Lafayette. You simply can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
ccap05
Surge

cajunfanatico wrote:Ccap05, I realize Ex hurt your feelings and all, and as a fellow Cajun fan, I apologize on his behalf. But can you at least be honest and agree that the following comment was uncalled for in a thread started about Cajun baseball and properly placed in the correct forum?
And yet they are still stuck playing at a double directional, non-academic, SBC school in Lafayette. You simply can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
I appreciate you apology for your fellow UL-L troll.

I will note that you conveniently cut out the last sentence of my post which asked the ULL troll on how many fan web sites he was pasting the same cut and paste PR blurb from the ULL athletic department. You are of course free to post "news" about ULL on this section of this board and I will feel free to comment on it with facts. In my opinion this section of the Tulane board is not meant as a place to cut and paste pr blurbs and to do so is rude. If you disagree you are, of course, welcome to your opinion.

I will also point out that your use of the word "realize" is incorrect. "Realize" indicates that your are referring to a fact. Of course Ex did not hurt my feelings. My "feelings" are strong enough not to be hurt by a ULL troll on a Tulane board claiming that a ULL education is more valuable than a Tulane education. That would be a bit like an Alabama fan having their feelings hurt by my going on a Bama board and claiming that the Tulane football program is clearly stronger. Responding to patent BS does not indicate that ones feelings are hurt.
cajunfanatico
Swell

ccap05 wrote:I appreciate you apology for your fellow UL-L troll.

I will note that you conveniently cut out the last sentence of my post which asked the ULL troll on how many fan web sites he was pasting the same cut and paste PR blurb from the ULL athletic department.

It was I who started the thread, and no, the last sentence was not conveniently cut out, it just didn't seem worth responding to at the time. Having said that, since it appears the answer is important to you, I posted the story here only.
ccap05 wrote:You are of course free to post "news" about ULL on this section of this board and I will feel free to comment on it with facts. In my opinion this section of the Tulane board is not meant as a place to cut and paste pr blurbs and to do so is rude. If you disagree you are, of course, welcome to your opinion.

I'm not sure how you define news versus pr. If perhaps you believe that the original story about the Cajun athletic department selling a record number of season tickets for the baseball program is false, misleading, or somehow inaccurate, then you should just say so. Otherwise, I would consider it fact and newsworthy as many universities report on their season ticket sales each year. Where else do news services get such numbers? Had I posted the following story from the Daily World, part of the USA Today network, would you have considered the post rude?
For the second straight season, the UL baseball team has set a new season ticket record as 2,763 season tickets have been sold heading into the 2016 campaign, Director of Athletics Scott Farmer announced Wednesday.

“Players say it over and over again that they sign to play here because of the atmosphere,” Robichaux said. “That atmosphere is created by the fans that we have here. They are extremely loyal and keep coming out year after year and create an atmosphere here that can’t be replicated. Our fans are the backbone of this program, and our players and coaches can’t thank them enough for their support over the years. This record is even more impressive considering the fact that people are facing tough times economically and some people are losing their jobs. Now as players and coaches, we have to go out and back up the support that our fans have given us.”

UL has ranked in the top 15 in attendance nationally three of the last five seasons coming in at the No. 11 spot a year ago in average attendance with an average of 3,908 fans in attendance in 2015.

http://www.dailyworld.com/story/sports/ ... /79080030/
Some amazing similarities there, no? Yet, if I'm following your logic, one appears to be a rude pr blurb and the other news.
ccap05 wrote:I will also point out that your use of the word "realize" is incorrect. "Realize" indicates that your are referring to a fact. Of course Ex did not hurt my feelings. My "feelings" are strong enough not to be hurt by a ULL troll on a Tulane board claiming that a ULL education is more valuable than a Tulane education. That would be a bit like an Alabama fan having their feelings hurt by my going on a Bama board and claiming that the Tulane football program is clearly stronger. Responding to patent BS does not indicate that ones feelings are hurt.
Well-stated and I stand corrected on the issue of your feelings being hurt by Ex. Having said that, and this might just be me, but am I detecting some level of hostility in your posts directed at anything related to Cajun athletics?
exflash
High Tide

OK---go basck and read my post---re read it and tell me where I have knocked or belittled Tulane academics ----- Only that the chosen field of many grads is in areas that don't have jobs---NOT TULANE EDUCATION----and yes I am not the liberal that comprises so much of academia today!!! Please respond to my request for areas where I have downgraded Tulane's education!!!
ccap05
Surge

exflash wrote:OK---go basck and read my post---re read it and tell me where I have knocked or belittled Tulane academics ----- Only that the chosen field of many grads is in areas that don't have jobs---NOT TULANE EDUCATION----and yes I am not the liberal that comprises so much of academia today!!! Please respond to my request for areas where I have downgraded Tulane's education!!!
Troll- your full quote was:

"Yea we are that under rated university that educates kids that can go out and find a job----not just liberal university professor hopefuls who either move in with mommy and dad or get enough from them to sit on their ass without a job------ or go on and get a doctorate and still not find a job!!!"

The very clear import of your post gleaned from a reading of the plain language is that an education from UL-Lafayette is better or more valuable than one from Tulane. Any subsequent explanations to the effect that you actually meant something different are simply attempts to modify the plain language of your posting. You are, of course, entitled to write your opinion regarding the vaunted ULL education and the worthless education Tulane provides. Likewise, I am entitled to point out that I believe your opinion is incorrect and boorish to post on a Tulane fan site.

You have developed quite a reputation for posting BS on this board especially when you make comparisons between Tulane and UL-Laffayette. For instance, your most recent postings about Tulane's offer to Phavion Woodward posted bs, you were called on it, and you simply disappeared from the thread.

Our other resident Cajun troll recognizes the insulting language you have used regarding Tulane on our board and has apologized for your posting.

Unless you have something new to add to this debate regarding your statements versus your intention I suggest that we end this discussion by agreeing to disagree. I believe you have said enough on the subject and I have certainly wasted enough of my time correcting you.

On a more germane note- UL-Laffy's baseball team has done very well over the past couple of years and has represented the entire Lafayette region well. Your team looks to be very strong again this year. It would thrill me if Tulane can beat UL-Lafayette this year because UL-Lafayette has earned a national reputation and it will certainly help our RPI. Likewise, I hope our program under Coach Pierce will quickly rebound and obtain a higher national ranking than ULL. Hopefully this last paragraph satisfies your need for ULL validation.
exflash
High Tide

Not going to let go of something that you are interpreting incorrectly----Remember the discussion started with a knock against a UL education---AGAI
N in my reply I noted the jobs that UL grads have gotten and the ones that Tulane's Liberal Arts majors cannot find---I even mentioned that the Mds and the lawyers would do just fine----Go back and read the post and show me where the Tulane education was knocked---NOWHERE---but the job market for well educated Liberal Art majors isn't good---that was the point in my refute of the UL put down---Our grads get jobs!!!
DrBox
Riptide

I will note again, ULL fans,,especially exflash, that these are the kind of posts would NEVER BE ALLOWED on a ULL board.
It would be deleted immediately.
Not to mention the Tulane trashing he does on the ULL board (see "Boomer"). It's funny...the ULL fan has nothing but contempt for other programs, blames other programs for their lot in life, and point fingers at those keeping them in the sunbelt.
There's nothing wrong with ULL institutionally; they meet their mission. But to compare it to Tulane and what Tulane does institutionally (and well beyond pure academics) and for the city is beyond inane.

As for the hee haw over the OL recruit that the ULL fan "claims" ULL ditched, so what? Whether or not it's true, different coaches evaluate differently. We've had recruits that Fritz ditched already commit to USM and Tulsa; one just got a Vandy offer. I guess we'll find out in a few years who was right about those players.
exflash
High Tide

Come on the Ragin Pagin and test---but again and again---Show where I knocked Tulane academics----but please show me where I am wrong with the lack of liberal art major's employment problems---If you can't differentiate between the 2 points or refuse to, then no point in the discussion!!!
ccap05
Surge

exflash wrote:Come on the Ragin Pagin and test---but again and again---Show where I knocked Tulane academics----but please show me where I am wrong with the lack of liberal art major's employment problems---If you can't differentiate between the 2 points or refuse to, then no point in the discussion!!!
I will once again re-post, in full, your original comment. You have tried to explain it away as an attack on liberal arts majors in general in later posts but your original was clearly a derogatory comparison between a UL-Lafayette education and a Tulane education. I assume your main goal was to see ULL discussed on a Tulane board and in that you have succeeded: your need for recognition/validation has been met. Further, I agree with you that there is no point in discussing the meaning of your post- the plain language speaks and disdain for Tulane students speaks for itself:

Ex-Flash: "Yea we are that under rated university that educates kids that can go out and find a job----not just liberal university professor hopefuls who either move in with mommy and dad or get enough from them to sit on their ass without a job------ or go on and get a doctorate and still not find a job!!!"
BC Wave
Swell

ccap05 wrote:
exflash wrote:Come on the Ragin Pagin and test---but again and again---Show where I knocked Tulane academics----but please show me where I am wrong with the lack of liberal art major's employment problems---If you can't differentiate between the 2 points or refuse to, then no point in the discussion!!!
how does one get on the Cajun Board?
Last edited by BC Wave on Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
cajunfanatico
Swell

DrBox wrote:I will note again, ULL fans,,especially exflash, that these are the kind of posts would NEVER BE ALLOWED on a ULL board.
It would be deleted immediately.
Sorry, Dr. B, but I have to ask for some examples of this claim.

While I confess I don't spend much time there, I can honestly say I have never seen anyone complaining on Ragin Pagin that their posts were deleted or in any way altered, and there are a number of LaTech posters who post regularly, some almost daily. As you might expect, they're not generally greeted with open arms, but their negative posts are there for the reading.

Now, as a Cajun fan, try posting on the LaTech BB&B board and you will see posts that are not only deleted, they are often altered by the moderators. That I know to be a fact.
DrBox
Riptide

What employment problems?
Even ULL has liberal arts.
More people should take liberal arts. It teaches people how to use their minds.
It's the best preparation for grad school.
Wave755
Tsunami

DrBox wrote:
What employment problems?
Even ULL has liberal arts.
More people should take liberal arts. It teaches people how to use their minds.
It's the best preparation for grad school.
Plus, almost all Tulane students intend upon post-graduate work and; therefore, a C grade is near fatal to the ambitions of a Tulane student. In this sense, unlike for the ULALA or UNOs of the world (where C grades are welcome for students simply seeking an undergraduate degree), Tulane A & S is viewed by its students as an excellent "prep school" for post-graduate work. Comparing Tulane to ULALA is like comparing a beautiful ripe red apple to a little green one with worms. :D