NOLA BOWL

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
ccap05
Surge

Congrats to LATech on a decisive victory in last night's NOLA bowl. There wasn't much of a crowd (playing a SBC team on weekend before Christmas will do that) but LATech looked good. For the future, it is my understanding that the SBC champ is tied in to the NOLA Bowl for the foreseeable future (I may be wrong) and that the other team kind of floats. For Tulane's sake it would seem wise to push the NOLA bowl to move to a tie in with a Big 10 or ACC team (obviously it would be one of the lower ranking bowl eligible teams) in order to get them used to playing and excited about returning to NOLA. The UL-Lafayette folks have historically had decent-good crowds at this game but it does not seem to draw any real support from fans of the other SBC/CUSA teams that have played here.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

It was a fun bowl game to watch on TV though. Both offenses were explosive. La Tech even broke the record for most yards well over 600 total yards. Skip Holtz sure turned that program around. New Orleanian Jabbar Juluke bringing in some nice Loiuisiana talent. Former Tulane player Blake Baker also doing a fine job on his staff.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It was a fun game to watch, I was channel flipping with the Jets game. The Appalachian State game, immediately prior to the N.O. Bowl, was very exciting.

I have to say, though, that the Dome looked empty.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave755
Tsunami

Congrats to UL System Flagship University La. Tech (USN&WR 199) for its 47 to 28 NOLA Bowl win over Arkansas State. Tech is clearly the second best college football program in Louisiana for 2015, but watch out "Techsters" Willie Fritz and the Wave with shortly surpass you for second to LSWHO!!! :yes:
cajunfanatico
Swell

DfromCT wrote:It was a fun game to watch, I was channel flipping with the Jets game. The Appalachian State game, immediately prior to the N.O. Bowl, was very exciting.

I have to say, though, that the Dome looked empty.
I'm surprised about the attendance comments when stAte sold over 15,000 tickets. Reported attendance was 32,000 and change so Tech had a decent crowd as well. It was still below the Cajuns worse crowd which was 34,000 plus for a 10:00AM kickoff last year against Nevada. Note to Wave755 who's new to the concept of time zones: that's an 8 AM kickoff time in Nevada. :lol:
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
DrBox
Riptide

La Tech, in my opinion, is the easiest job to win in La outside of LSU. The 1/4 system helps with transfers. There are a lot of good football players in n La and a lot less recruiting pressure up there compared to s. la. Also, it is the only rural or "small town" FBS school in the state, and that will attract some players-an area of differentiation for them.
Now their ceiling isn't very high, but the floor is pretty high.