Akron Zips 35, ULALA 14 !!!

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
Jonathan
Riptide

I see that the Zips (Akron) are putting a whipping on U La La on their home field. Now 35 to 7. Looks like the Swamp is half empty. Love all the lies of how great their attendance is! All their faithful fans left at halftime. The Zips were a seven point underdog.

Wave755
Tsunami

Congrats to the MAC Conference University of Akron Zips and coach Terry Bowden for tonight's 35 to 14 win over Sunbelt ULALA @ Lafayette!!! :lol:
Wave755
Tsunami

And Cajun Troll, next week ULALA plays the University of Louisiana System Flagship Institution La.Tech @ Ruston, ouch!!! :P

And accordingly, ULALA's most famous graduate, dat Waterboy himself, Bobby Boucher(pronounced "boo-shay") :frowncry: mourns. :D

ULALA, joke university, joke football team. :yes: :yes: :yes:
BC Wave
Swell

Wow, that's a bit harsh. As an NLU grad, I deride their use of "UL" almost as much as anyone.

Other than that aspect I really do like their fans.

But I still like to see them do well against anyone out of state.

I think their program has done well and its administration runs circles around ours in support of Our programs.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The Zips? lol
Must be short for Zippo as in lighters.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

BC Wave wrote:Wow, that's a bit harsh. As an NLU grad, I deride their use of "UL" almost as much as anyone.

Other than that aspect I really do like their fans.

But I still like to see them do well against anyone out of state.

I think their program has done well and its administration runs circles around ours in support of Our programs.
I'll be pulling for La. Tech next Saturday, they were very gracious to Tulane after Katrina, that should not be forgotten. :-D
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:The Zips? lol
TPS, the nickname "Zips" seems to be the shortened of "Zippers," the name for some sort of trademarked overshoe manufactured long ago by B.F. Goodrich at Akron? And, ULALA still found a way to be thrashed @ Lafayette by these "Zips"! :lol:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:The Zips? lol
TPS, the nickname "Zips" seems to be the shortened of "Zippers," the name for some sort of trademarked overshoe manufactured long ago by B.F. Goodrich at Akron? And, ULALA still found a way to be thrashed @ Lafayette by these "Zips"! :lol:
Thanks!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981