2015 Ragin Cajun Baseball Recruiting Class Ranked 13th in Nation by Collegiate Baseball

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Athletes who initially signed letters of intent with a school, but then signed a pro contract after being drafted, do not count in the overall evaluation. Only athletes who came to school this fall are factored in as points are awarded to drafted players and the round they are chosen, All-Americans, All-State selections and All-Conference picks.

2015 NCAA Div. I Recruiting
Results By Collegiate Baseball

Rank NCAA Div. I Team Recruits
1. Florida 13
2. South Carolina 19
3. Mississippi St. 22
4. Georgia Tech. 11
5. Vanderbilt 13
6. UCLA 11
7. Louisiana St. 16
8. Oregon 17
9. South Florida 20
10. Auburn 18
11. Virginia 18
12. Oregon St. 12
13. Louisiana-Lafayette 17
14. Texas 10
15. Rice 14
16. North Carolina 19
17. Stanford 11
18. Texas Christian 21
19. Arizona 11
20. Oklahoma 22
21. Louisville 14
22. Arizona St. 14
23. Mississippi 17
24. Cal. St. Fullerton 13
25. Oklahoma St. 13
26. Iowa 16
27. Maryland 16
28. Florida St. 13
29. Miami, Fla. 8
30. Texas A&M 15
31. Clemson 12
32. Dallas Baptist 17
33. Indiana 15
34. Southern California 15
35. Missouri St. 14
36. U.C. Santa Barbara 15
37. New Mexico St. 35
38. Alabama 11
39. Illinois 13
40. Kentucky 11

http://baseballnews.com/florida-capture ... ing-title/

ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
exflash
High Tide

Hey guys ---- Tulane did get an honorable mention ------ I sure hope we are playing home and home this year, but I hope that these kids will stay if they get redshirted cause of what we have returning--not like the year before!!!
BC Wave
Swell

Good news, CF.
Looks like ULL will have a real good team.

Thanks for keeping us informed. I am so glad you are not forced to answer some insecure question like "who is the original University of Louisiana" to log on here.
cajunfanatico
Swell

BC Wave wrote:Good news, CF.
Looks like ULL will have a real good team.

Thanks for keeping us informed. I am so glad you are not forced to answer some insecure question like "who is the original University of Louisiana" to log on here.
Why the snarky remark BC? For the record, I don't think I have ever used the term University of Louisiana here so the insecurity you seem to sense must be coming from elsewhere. Having said that, thanks for opening the thread to check on our baseball program's progress. Coach Robe has a history of doing more with less. Our starting rotation of weekend pitchers who got us to a super regional last year were all freshmen and we obviously now have a stellar recruiting class on-campus. Things have never looked brighter for our baseball program.

I look forward to our upcoming series with the Wave and wish you guys well this year. Thanks again for your continued interest in Ragin Cajun athletics.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
BC Wave
Swell

I am not able to go to the Cajun message board because in order to get to it I have to give an answer of "The University of Louisiana" or something like that (at least it was that way last year)

I am fervently grateful that the overseers of this board do not pose any sort of juvenile kind of test question for one to gain entry. It lends itself to a more open dialogue as everyone is welcome to come here and opine.
cajunfanatico
Swell

BC Wave wrote:I am not able to go to the Cajun message board because in order to get to it I have to give an answer of "The University of Louisiana" or something like that (at least it was that way last year)

I am fervently grateful that the overseers of this board do not pose any sort of juvenile kind of test question for one to gain entry. It lends itself to a more open dialogue as everyone is welcome to come here and opine.
Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe when I registered here I had to answer questions about Tulane University. I suspect that's merely an anti-spam measure that most such sites employ.

As for the name issue itself, I don't think it's a matter of insecurity at all. In 1984, the university administration, following the rules in place at the time, lobbied our Board of Regents for the name change and were granted it by an overwhelming majority of votes, 17-1 if memory serves. Keep in mind that we followed the same path that LSUNO used to change its name legally to UNO. But, as everyone is aware, the powers that be in BR saw it as a threat to LSU, particularly in athletics, and passed a law to retroactively undo what had been done legally. Many non-LSU fans were, and are, okay with giving LSU such power over others in the state. I suspect many here are in that camp and are now probably comfortable with basically being second-class citizens as it relates to their athletic programs.

I was as pissed about it all as anyone at the time but I've since moved on. However, I don't begrudge those who still feel passionately about the issue as every university needs a passionate fanbase. I do though applaud our athletic department for seizing on the concept of branding our teams as Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. That the media and others often refer to us as Louisiana, is merely a bonus. For the nearterm, I see Ragin Cajun athletics challenging LSU in most every sport every year outside of football. Longterm? Time will tell. And I think time's on our side.

We are Louisiana Ragin Cajuns.