Rag a Page attacks Yulman

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

One thing that we leave behind in this senseless argument about seat counts is that it is a nice intimate stadium. I know some don't like it, and I agree the press box side looks ridiculous without the matching second level. But every seat in the house is close to the field. I've been to many stadiums across all sorts of sports, and even most of the indoor arenas (football and basketball) don't have that many seats that close to the action.

Yes, Yulman has warts. Yes, the AD continues to lie to us about SEATING CAPACITY in the bowl of the stadium. But it's OUR stadium, and, for better or worse, it's not going away any time soon. Let's embrace the good things it offers, push the Administration to keep making improvements (such as more and better concessions throughout the stadium) and hope CJ can get this program turned around so that it's as full through November as it is for September.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote:
Green Wave wrote:
winwave wrote:Also the email from Granito didn't say it had 27,962 seats it said that number was the capacity.
Oh get a grip dude. The FAA restricted airspace over the stadium based on its regulation stating 30,000 seats or more. Tulane wrote the letter in response stating that the 30k was public capacity. The capacity of the stadium is 27,962. They wrote that to the FAA. The FAA is only concerned about seats. you are just playing stupid on purpose. Just like you did with Turchin. Unbelievable the lengths people will stretch sh*t to make it fit their agenda.
The FAA never restricted any airspace over Yulman Stadium because capacity is less than 30k. I have email evidence/proof from the FAA. Seriously.
Steve please post the Granito letter again. Thanks.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Green Wave
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote:
Green Wave wrote:
winwave wrote:Also the email from Granito didn't say it had 27,962 seats it said that number was the capacity.
Oh get a grip dude. The FAA restricted airspace over the stadium based on its regulation stating 30,000 seats or more. Tulane wrote the letter in response stating that the 30k was public capacity. The capacity of the stadium is 27,962. They wrote that to the FAA. The FAA is only concerned about seats. you are just playing stupid on purpose. Just like you did with Turchin. Unbelievable the lengths people will stretch sh*t to make it fit their agenda.
The FAA never restricted any airspace over Yulman Stadium because capacity is less than 30k. I have email evidence/proof from the FAA. Seriously.

Middle of the page.
Is all the info good to get the restriction lifted?
Response from FAA:
Thanks for the assistance. We are good to go. Roll wave!
Yes Steve I am serious.

The FAA restricted the Air space because it believed Tulane stadium to have 30k or more in seats. That is the FAA regulation. Seats.
ROLL WAVE!
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

I'm not going back and forth with you. There never was a restriction to lift, and it is proved by the letter you just posted. Anthony assumed there was an airspace restriction and sent an inquiry. Vince then responded, saying that capacity was 27,962, even though for "reporting purposes", Tulane uses the 30K number. The FAA doesn't care about "reporting purposes." An airspace restriction is only in place if the true capacity is 30,000 or greater. You are not understanding this letter at all. I would know because I helped organize the FIRE DICKSON banner, and we had NO PROBLEMS getting the plane to fly as close as we wanted to the stadium.

If there was a restriction, do you think they would have lifted it to let us fly that banner??? Green Wave, let it go with this one.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Green Wave
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote:I'm not going back and forth with you. There never was a restriction to lift, and it is proved by the letter you just posted. Anthony assumed there was an airspace restriction and sent an inquiry. Vince then responded, saying that capacity was 27,962, even though for "reporting purposes", Tulane uses the 30K number. The FAA doesn't care about "reporting purposes." An airspace restriction is only in place if the true capacity is 30,000 or greater. You are not understanding this letter at all. I would know because I helped organize the FIRE DICKSON banner, and we had NO PROBLEMS getting the plane to fly as close as we wanted to the stadium.

If there was a restriction, do you think they would have lifted it to let us fly that banner??? Green Wave, let it go with this one.
The banner has nothing to do with it. It has to do with marketing. Half time shows, and pre-game shows that involve flyovers that Tulane sets up. They could have cared less about the "banner".

True capacity? What the hell is that. It certainly not anything the FAA wants.

The FAA regulation:
Stadiums:
FDC 9/5151, issued under 14 CFR 99.7 on "Special Security Instructions," restricts flight over stadiums during Major League Baseball (MLB), National Football League (NFL) regular season, NCAA football, and motor speedway events. The so-called "stadium TFR" prohibits all aircraft and parachute operations at or below 3,000 AGL within a 3 nm radius of any stadium with a seating capacity of 30,000 or more people when there is an MLB game, regular or post-season NFL game, NCAA Division I football game, or major motor speedway event occurring. This TFR applies to the entire US domestic national airspace system, and takes effect from one hour before the scheduled event time until one hour after the event concludes.
http://www.faa.gov/uas/faq/

RD was quoted by Kushner leading up to the opening as saying 28k to 30K in seats. The regulation specifically says seating capacity. The tickets distributed for the GT game was 30k and the Fire Marshall states 30k, The builder states 30K, and Tulane states 30K.

You are not understanding the memo. You are also stating True capacity which does not exsist and ignoring the fact that there would have been no reason for this memo to even happen if the FAA didn't read the capacity as seats. You cant change that just like you cant change the fact that Tulane distributed 30k in tickets. Tulane is not going to distribute 30k in tickets if they cant accommodate them. But, no worries the Fire Marshal has the capacity as 30k.

My problem with this stems from this ULL crap and where they got the BS from. Its one thing to rag on RD. It is totally different when you are trying to force a square peg into a round hole like this nonsense about true capacity.
ROLL WAVE!