Tony Robichaux signs on for five more years with the Ragin’ Cajuns

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Lots of data in the article about the contract itself and since there are a lot of baseball fans here, I thought some of you might find that detail interesting.
Louisiana-Lafayette and Tony Robichaux are seeing 2020.

The UL System approved a new five-year contract extension for the Cajuns baseball coach, which began July 1 and extends through the 2020 season.

Robichaux said he still has plenty of unfinished business with the Cajuns.

“It’s important to me because we started something that we want to finish,” Robichaux said. “The two things that are still on my bucket list are to get back to Omaha in the new stadium and ultimately win a national championship. Those are two things that we haven’t accomplished and that we’re after.

“The third thing I want to accomplish is to see the facility upgrade through. Those are three pretty big goals, but if you don’t have big goals you’re never going to reach anything.”

The new contract will pay Robichaux a base salary of $125,580 annually — a 4.7 percent increase from his previous salary — to go with a $60,000 signing bonus and incentives that could bump that figure up considerably.

Also included in the deal is a $30,000 annual figure for Robichaux’s participation in promotional radio programs, which Robichaux will receive in 60 monthly installments of $2,500.

Additionally, the school will deposit $30,000 in “an interest-bearing annuity on (Robichaux’s) behalf at the end of each year of the contract term,” according to the contract.

The deal isn’t official yet, but the school expects it to be finalized soon. Robichaux’s last contract, which he signed in 2010, paid him $120,000 annually and expired June 30.

Robichaux surpassed 1,000 career wins this season and has directed the Cajuns to three straight NCAA tournament appearances, the past two ended in the super regional round.

He will enter his 30th year as a head coach in the 2016 season, and his 22nd with the Cajuns.

Counting the $30,000 for radio appearances and possible incentives, Robichaux’s salary could approach the $200,000 mark with a season like 2015. All supplemental compensation will be “cumulative in nature,” according to the contract.

If the Cajuns win the Sun Belt Conference regular-season title or the conference tournament or advances into the NCAA tournament, Robichaux gets an additional $10,000, and $15,000 if his team sweeps the SBC regular season and tournament title it did in 2014.

That figure increases by $5,000 for each advancement in the postseason, earning Robichaux $15,000 for a super regional appearance, $20,000 for a College World Series appearance and $25,000 for an NCAA championship.

Personal awards net Robichaux a bump in pay as well, including SBC Coach of the Year ($3,000), Louisiana Coach of the Year ($4,000), South Regional Coach of the Year ($5,000) or National Coach of the Year ($10,000).

If the Cajuns average 2,500 or more in paid attendance, Robichaux will receive a $2,500 bonus.

The coach also receives a bonus if his players do well in school, with a $2,000 bonus if the team compiles a grade-point average of 3.0 or better or if the team academic performance report is above 930.

The terms of the contract also stipulate that Robichaux will be provided 20 tickets to each baseball game and that he will be provided “the use of a vehicle provided by a dealership or a car allowance of $6,000 per year paid in equal monthly installments.”

At the end of the day, Robichaux is simply happy to be the person President Joseph Savoie and Athletic Director Scott Farmer tabbed to run the program.

“Dr. Savoie and Scott Farmer, this is their program,” Robichaux said. “It’s never been mine, and it never will be. They entrust me to manage it, and I’m ever indebted to them for that. We want to be good stewards of the school’s money. We want to be good stewards of the university, to represent the university in a manner we need to do it in.”

Robichaux said he felt the offer was fair, and plus, he’s already made a commitment.

“I have players turning down draft slots and money, and I can’t ask them to be committed if I’m not,” Robichaux said.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/ullafayet ... x-signs-on
Last edited by cajunfanatico on Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Who ?

No one here cares.

Post on the LaLa board.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .