Ragin Cajun Athletics: No. 2 in State of Louisiana according to...

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

TXWave88 wrote:The real problem is the recent topic section. It is nice to see what topics are updated, but this morning, I log into gotula.net and 2 of the first 5 topics are promoting ULL. That is what annoys me. This is not a knock on Steve or anyone else. I have no idea how most people navigate this site, but I typically look at the the most recent topics section and that is the "hot topics" which does not make me have to do much navigating. That is a great and thank you Steve for giving us this site. But as I said, of the 5 topics, 2 are promoting ULL talk this morning. To me, that is what I get tired of. Cajunfanitico I am sure is loving it to see our home page loaded up with ULL talk regardless if he does add some value in discussions about Tulane. I do not have a problem with him, but it seems that almost every day, the home page lists ULL promoting topics or Tulane fans talking/complaining about ULL. I also know that my response to this thread will push it to the top which is (it was already at the top so its not changing much).

That is my complaint as I do not care about ULL. Good for everything they are doing. I am sure their fans love it. But this is a Tulane discussion board where anyone could post about any school in the Other Schools Section and it would get the top billing on our home page. Could you imagine if some LSU pr!ck wanted to come and post about how great they are every day? We are against banning them so what would we do?

Just my 2 cents on the matter since I am told not to click on it and read about ULL. I can't help but to see ULL promoting topics as it is the first thing I see when I log into the site. No one can. Steve, you know me, I do appreciate what you have done here with this site. I just want to make that clear. This is my only minor complaint.
I noticed the same thing and agree. However, that a ULL fan is respectfully touting the exciting developments with their program is not the problem. The problem is that Tulane fans aren't posting anything about Tulane (which could make 2 threads disappear quickly). It's the sad state of Tulane athletics, and even as their are legitimate reasons for optimism around the programs, the Dickson Effect remains and fans are beaten down and disengaged.

But ULL posts are the symptom, not the cause. Meanwhile, you have other posters here clearly trying to place that blame on the ULL poster.

jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

DrBox wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
TXWave88 wrote:Why do I always come to this Tulane forum to read about ULL? I really do not care what ULL did, does or what they call themselves. If you think they live in a fantasy world, look at Tulane. At least the discussion about SC and RD is in the light of improving Tulane. All talk about ULL does nothing except inspire more ULL talk.
THEN DON'T CLICK ON THE THREAD THAT'S CLEARLY A ULL THREAD. Easy solution.
Exactly. cajunfanatico is a respectful poster who adds value here, and to my mind he and his contributions are quite welcome. As I've also noted, keeping tabs on the university that is trying to eat our lunch, courtesy of the opportunity provided by Cowen, is also quite relevant.
No he's not. He's a troll.
But he latently trashes Tulane, so you like him.
Try chest beating Tulane on his ULL board and see what happens. The hypocrisy is beyond belief.
ULL hasn't had an at large hoops team in over 30 years, and has never finished a football season ranked, or anywhere closed to ranked. Wake me up when it changes.
You don't understand. It is an oxymoron to call someone a troll by "latently trashing" Tulane. A troll, by definition, is explicitly trying to obtain a negative response, so if what he is doing is "latent" than he is not a troll.

You are just apt to shoot the messenger, because there's no doubt that CF's constant reminders of the great progress the ULL athletic program is making are constant reminders of the depressing state of affairs at Tulane athletics.
Wave755
Tsunami

jonathanjoseph wrote:
You are just apt to shoot the messenger, because there's no doubt that CF's constant reminders of the great progress the ULL athletic program is making....
Oh JJ, this just in, ULALA is a 16 point underdog for 9/5 to a Kentucky team that was 2-6 in the SEC and 5-7 last year. :D

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/
cajunfanatico
Swell

And for the record, of the several ULL-related threads I saw here today when I logged on, only 1 was a thread I had bumped via new photos of the APC, something I thought was appropriate.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Wave755
Tsunami

Big Steve, TxWave88, DfromCt, JJ, WaveQB, TPS, JD, Showme, Dr. Box, Golfnut, AJCalhoun, Wavetime & Jonathan have you noticed Cajun Troll no longer has a mother who attended Newcomb? Any doubt now this troll is a troll? Res judicata (Latin, look it up, Cajun Troll)! :D
ajcalhoun
Swell

755, WTF do you care so much? Let it fucking go! It's not like you bring anything.
God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Steve.... this USL stuff has gotten totally out of control... I log onto a Tulane site and all I see is USL postings....I would bet that the USL site would not allow this to happen...If I want info on USL I will log onto their site and not post anything regarding Tulane... Cajundude, show some decorum, most here have zero interest in what SLI...USL...ULALAf has going on, this pollution posting has to stop
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:Steve.... this USL stuff has gotten totally out of control... I log onto a Tulane site and all I see is USL postings....I would bet that the USL site would not allow this to happen...If I want info on USL I will log onto their site and not post anything regarding Tulane... Cajundude, show some decorum, most here have zero interest in what SLI...USL...ULALAf has going on, this pollution posting has to stop
+1
Maybe change the code so that the "Other Schools" stuff doesn't pop up in most recent 5 posts.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote:Steve.... this USL stuff has gotten totally out of control... I log onto a Tulane site and all I see is USL postings....I would bet that the USL site would not allow this to happen...If I want info on USL I will log onto their site and not post anything regarding Tulane... Cajundude, show some decorum, most here have zero interest in what SLI...USL...ULALAf has going on, this pollution posting has to stop
It's hard to suggest that the actions of one respectful poster is "getting totally out of control". That there isn't more activity around Tulane topics is an indictment of Tulane fans, not cajunfanatico.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

jonathanjoseph wrote:
It's hard to suggest that the actions of one respectful poster is "getting totally out of control". That there isn't more activity around Tulane topics is an indictment of Tulane fans, not cajunfanatico.
JJ...When and If Tulane does do anything, it gets posted on this forum...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
cajunfanatico
Swell

Wave755 wrote:Big Steve, TxWave88, DfromCt, JJ, WaveQB, TPS, JD, Showme, Dr. Box, Golfnut, AJCalhoun, Wavetime & Jonathan have you noticed Cajun Troll no longer has a mother who attended Newcomb? Any doubt now this troll is a troll? Res judicata (Latin, look it up, Cajun Troll)! :D
How about a simple challenge counselor? Link us all to the thread where I talk about my mother attending Newcomb and I'll never post here again. Should be easy enough, right? Fail to do so and you never post here again. Deal? I suspect you won't because you're probably a bloviating cobarde. That's Spanish. Look it up.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Again, for the record, when I logged on today there were several ULL-related posts at the top. Only one of them was a single post I made when I added updated photos of our APC. The others were threads bumped by Tulane posters.

The last time I posted before that (and it had been a while) was a link to an Advocate article about Tulane's kicking game.

Steve needs to change the settings such that a post on the Other Louisiana Schools forum doesn't automatically go to the top and offend you guys, or just delete that section altogether so no one has to ever hear anything about what's going on around the state of Louisiana. Afterall, it doesn't matter and could never have any effect on Tulane.

jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
JJ...When and If Tulane does do anything, it gets posted on this forum...
Exactly my point. The problem is the absence of anything for Tulane fans to talk about, not the over abundance of ULL topics.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

cajunfanatico wrote:
Steve needs to change the settings such that a post on the Other Louisiana Schools forum doesn't automatically go to the top and offend you guys, or just delete that section altogether so no one has to ever hear anything about what's going on around the state of Louisiana. Afterall, it doesn't matter and could never have any effect on Tulane.
This is the sad reality. Tulane fans want to continue sticking their head in the ground (if there are no ULL facilities topics is it really a problem?) or shooting the messenger. This fan base does everything to avoid reality.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I must say I agree with this point. Although I have no problem with cajunfanatico, there really is no reason for us to even have a section that would have information about other Louisiana schools. As someone said earlier, if I'm interested in what ULL or ULM or UNO or LSU is doing, I'll check out their sites. No reason for us to have that information here.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

jonathanjoseph wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:
This is the sad reality. Tulane fans want to continue sticking their head in the ground (if there are no ULL facilities topics is it really a problem?) or shooting the messenger. This fan base does everything to avoid reality.
That's not what anyone is saying, JJ. I don't see anyone posting about ND or USC facilities here on a regular basis. Why? Because its not pertinent to Tulane. Just because its not posted here doesn't mean we aren't aware of what ULL is doing. But we don't come here to read about that, we come here to read what Tulane is doing.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

RobertM320 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:
That's not what anyone is saying, JJ. I don't see anyone posting about ND or USC facilities here on a regular basis. Why? Because its not pertinent to Tulane. Just because its not posted here doesn't mean we aren't aware of what ULL is doing. But we don't come here to read about that, we come here to read what Tulane is doing.
It is, just indirectly. If a healthy number of Tulane fans were here posting about Tulane related topics, no one would ever see the 2 posts from cajunfanatico. Since the fanbase remains dicsconnected and disengaged, there are only a handful of posts here per day and it so happens that 2 of them came from CF. The problem isn't CF posting, the problem is Tulane fans not posting.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I logged on several hours ago...there are 5 latest topics listed....three of the five regarding USL.... If Tulane were building and IPF...there would be a posting..but Tulane already has access to one...Tulane already has indoor swimming facilities..it already has meeting rooms ..we have already discussed Baseball recruiting... I am trying to figure out why gotula.net has become an annex of the USL site/board... I have nothing against cajundude, he has been respectful and has had many relative opinions on several topics... like I said if I want USL info, I will go to their fan's site, I do not need someone to be intrusive onto ours... This issue maybe resolved, if Steve can find away to have the "other schools" forum not be "highlighted" at log in
cajunfanatico
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:I logged on several hours ago...there are 5 latest topics listed....three of the five regarding USL....
And 2 of the 3 were old threads bumped by a Tulane fan or fans. Why? I don't know. I've hardly posted here for the last couple of months but now I'm intrusive? Before I posted upgraded photos of our APC late last night, IIRC, my only posts for some time were a thread about Tulane's kicking game written for the Advocate and a thread about the AAC evaluation by Paul Myerberg of USAToday. Of course, someone bitched that I had posted the Myerberg piece. :lol:

You ladies need to switch from thongs to men's briefs.
cajunfanatico
Swell

This particular thread:

Last post July 17 by Jonathan

Brought to the top late last night, over a month later, by Dr. Box to bitch about me trolling.

And another ULL-related thread, scheduling Kentucky, was bumped today by Show Me.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote:I logged on several hours ago...there are 5 latest topics listed....three of the five regarding USL.... If Tulane were building and IPF...there would be a posting..but Tulane already has access to one...Tulane already has indoor swimming facilities..it already has meeting rooms ..we have already discussed Baseball recruiting... I am trying to figure out why gotula.net has become an annex of the USL site/board... I have nothing against cajundude, he has been respectful and has had many relative opinions on several topics... like I said if I want USL info, I will go to their fan's site, I do not need someone to be intrusive onto ours... This issue maybe resolved, if Steve can find away to have the "other schools" forum not be "highlighted" at log in
You are talking about product preferences. Some people wouldn't want the "der rathskellar" forum posts in their "most recent" feed, just as some don't want "other LA schools" posts in their feed. The product Steve is giving us to use allows anyone to read and/or ignore any posts you choose. Again, the problem is not the forum product nor cajunfanatico's posts but rather the lack of posts by Tulane fans about Tulane topics. Otherwise, adjust your product "settings" and you don't have to see any posts.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

cajunfanatico wrote:This particular thread:

Last post July 17 by Jonathan

Brought to the top late last night, over a month later, by Dr. Box to bitch about me trolling.

And another ULL-related thread, scheduling Kentucky, was bumped today by Show Me.
This makes things fairly clear on this topic.
exflash
High Tide

Well trying to sort this out---My mom was the Alumna from Newcomb--and with her help and the 5 years of Latin at Jesuit i did learn a bit--my point is that Tulane is not the Tulane i grew up with and UL has clearly past the greenies up in all but the academic realm and in some fields have excellent curricula ------ 20K students are near and Lafayette is Lafayette---But the main thing gone from the Wave is the Spirit!!!
cajunfanatico
Swell

exflash wrote:Well trying to sort this out---My mom was the Alumna from Newcomb--and with her help and the 5 years of Latin at Jesuit i did learn a bit--my point is that Tulane is not the Tulane i grew up with and UL has clearly past the greenies up in all but the academic realm and in some fields have excellent curricula ------ 20K students are near and Lafayette is Lafayette---But the main thing gone from the Wave is the Spirit!!!
Thanks a lot flash. You blew my opportunity to prove whether 755 wears the balls in his family or his wife does. Not important. I think we all know the answer anyway.
Wave755
Tsunami

exflash wrote:Well trying to sort this out---My mom was the Alumna from Newcomb--and with her help and the 5 years of Latin at Jesuit i did learn a bit--my point is that Tulane is not the Tulane i grew up with and UL has clearly past the greenies up in all but the academic realm and in some fields have excellent curricula ------ 20K students are near and Lafayette is Lafayette---But the main thing gone from the Wave is the Spirit!!!
OK Flasher, apparently I can't tell one coon-ass troll from another! :lol: Now admit it, you couldn't get into today's Tulane with an AK-47 under your right arm! :lol: