Mark Hudspeth

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
Wavetime
Swell

I was on the way to work last Friday and I ran into Mark Hudspeth at a Starbucks in Kenner. He was all decked out in his ULL Red and obviously recruiting in the area. I walked up to him and introduced myself. I have to tell ya, he really came across well. He seemed just like a regular guy.

NotJtS
Low Tide

Wavetime wrote:I was on the way to work last Friday and I ran into Mark Hudspeth at a Starbucks in Kenner. He was all decked out in his ULL Red and obviously recruiting in the area. I walked up to him and introduced myself. I have to tell ya, he really came across well. He seemed just like a regular guy.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Wavetime wrote:I was on the way to work last Friday and I ran into Mark Hudspeth at a Starbucks in Kenner. He was all decked out in his ULL Red and obviously recruiting in the area. I walked up to him and introduced myself. I have to tell ya, he really came across well. He seemed just like a regular guy.
As my dad would say, as fine a man who ever crapped between two shoes. :lol: :D
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
msdos
Swell

I've met him and while he was cordial, he came off like a self-centered douchebag with a shirt 2 sizes small for him.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

msdos wrote:I've met him and while he was cordial, he came off like a self-centered douchebag with a shirt 2 sizes small for him.
whom, I am sure will be the Head Coach at Mississippi State University in the near future..... NOT gonna happen !!!!... I understand he is not well liked by the "BullDawg" community..... and you really have to pizz off some people there before they are ready to help you pack your bags
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

I have to say that this guy comes off as another creepy charismatic d-bag coach. Who names their sons "Gunner" & "Major"? Please!
Whatever happened to the Don James' of the world? Coaches with flat affect who appear to have all of the charisma of a sloth but who can attract and manage outstanding coaches and players. Oh, wait....Urban Meyer.
cajunfanatico
Swell

I don't care if he drowns kittens in his spare time as long as he can manage to keep the Cajun football program headed in the right direction which is what he's being paid to do. As for all the hate, that's a good thing.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

cajun... If the hate remark was aimed at me fine...but your posting of hurting an animal has crossed my line in the sand. I have never met "Hud".. I just posted what my friends at MSU and ESPN told me regarding his tenure there...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

I'm glad for your sake that people are buying his schtick. If my son were being recruited by him, Hud's ass would be out on the curb in no time.
Last edited by wave97 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cajunfanatico
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:cajun... If the hate remark was aimed at me fine...but your posting of hurting an animal has crossed my line in the sand. I have never met "Hud".. I just posted what my friends at MSU and ESPN told me regarding his tenure there...
No, my remark was not aimed at you or anyone else in particular. I don't know the man personally so I'm not equipped to judge his character as others here seem to be. As I said, he was hired to do a job, he's done it well, and as long as he continues to do it well, I'll support him.

As for your comments about my crossing the line re hurting an animal, that's interesting that you brought it up. Only last night, with six or seven small dogs in the bed with me, I was thinking about your sigline and how proud you'd be of me for the things I do here in my adopted country. If one thinks it's sad to see the condition of strays in the US, they'd be horrified at what walks the roads here. The locals think I'm nuts when I slam on the brakes to not only avoid an abandoned puppy, but to stop and pick it up. My ranch is populated with healthy and loyal strays. Even once picked up an entire litter of puppies that someone left on the side of the road. I figure they were about 3 weeks old.

And while I'm not a big cat fan, several have owned me over the years. My offending remark was just a figure of speech, nothing more.

Saludos
exflash
High Tide

Well, although things went VERY rough this year, it was almost the perfect storm against him----injuries out of the yha yha---key personnel gone, 2 QB controversy, new def scheme, and tons of distractions with moving into the fabulous new facilities----With that said, look what he has done in the first 4 years in Ws and Ls, facilities built, facilities to be built, 4 bowls with record crowds each year----I really don't think we could have done better and from Tulane's offer to be their HC, I think you can agree!!! and, as is always the case, he and family have fallen in love with Lafayette!!! Basketball both M and W should be very good and the Softball and baseball could go to the World series!!!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Tulane would be very lucky to wind up with a coach as good as Hudspeth at this point.
Jonathan
Riptide

You cannot be serious! Look at his losing record and poorly conditioned team this season. Also the cheating scandal investigated by the NCAA on crooked test scores and payments to his players. He had to know about it or should have! No one in the top 5 conferences wants him now and he is now stuck at U La La in the lowly Sunbelt!
Wave755
Tsunami

exflash wrote:Well, although things went VERY rough this year, it was almost the perfect storm against him----injuries out of the yha yha---key personnel gone, 2 QB controversy, new def scheme, and tons of distractions with moving into the fabulous new facilities----With that said, look what he has done in the first 4 years in Ws and Ls, facilities built, facilities to be built, 4 bowls with record crowds each year----I really don't think we could have done better and from Tulane's offer to be their HC, I think you can agree!!! and, as is always the case, he and family have fallen in love with Lafayette!!! Basketball both M and W should be very good and the Softball and baseball could go to the World series!!!
And Flasher, after 'dat "Big Game" on Saturday with 'dat Troy :lolgreen:, 'den 'dem SANCTIONS! :rollsmiley:
Last edited by Wave755 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jonathan
Riptide

Big game against Troy. I never heard of this school.
ccap05
Surge

exflash wrote:Well, although things went VERY rough this year, it was almost the perfect storm against him----injuries out of the yha yha---key personnel gone, 2 QB controversy, new def scheme, and tons of distractions with moving into the fabulous new facilities----With that said, look what he has done in the first 4 years in Ws and Ls, facilities built, facilities to be built, 4 bowls with record crowds each year----I really don't think we could have done better and from Tulane's offer to be their HC, I think you can agree!!! and, as is always the case, he and family have fallen in love with Lafayette!!! Basketball both M and W should be very good and the Softball and baseball could go to the World series!!!
Facts are as follows:

1) The coach in Lafayette has been competitive in the SBC but hasn't won a title;
2) The football program is going downhill and serious rumors are circulating regarding NCAA investigations, dirty dealing in academics, etc.
3) Recruiting is getting worse;
4) He may claim that he loves Lafayette and the Louisiana University in Lafayette, but he has made it very clear that he would leave in a heartbeat if a better job came along;
5) The men's basketball team hasn't beaten anybody yet. The big rivalry games take place on the 3rd and 9th of this month and that will let the world know who this years king of the UL system and King of the Lake Charles/Lafayette region is. The boys from Lafayette may beat ULM but the Cowboy's seem to have the Cajun's number and will probably walk away with bragging rights from that big game.
DrBox
Riptide

Glad you're happy with him. 4 wins against bad schedule + NCAA investigation/serious recruiting irregularities (not just a hiring "mistake") = zero interest from teams looking for coaches.
Wave755
Tsunami

DrBox wrote:Glad you're happy with him. 4 wins against bad schedule + NCAA investigation/serious recruiting irregularities (not just a hiring "mistake") = zero interest from teams looking for coaches.
Doctor, this is how Sagarin ranks the Mighty Sunbelt Conference for this week:

58 Georgia Southern
60 Appalachian State
77 Arkansas State
119 Troy
125 Louisiana-Lafayette (ULALA)
128 Georgia State
138 South Alabama
150 Idaho
157 Texas State
167 New Mexico State
171 Louisiana-Monroe

So, with so many teams a total joke, ULALA and Hudspeth are almost guaranteed 7 Sunbelt wins each season with only even a modestly talented team. Hudspeth's "secret to success" is the joke Sunbelt, other universities know this and it explains why he is not on this year's "coaching carousel." :megagrin:
exflash
High Tide

The coach o0f UL handed the Greenies their butt when they finally got eligible for a bowl!!! The infractions were very minor and will be a slap on the wrist!!! Recruiting is going fine and the new facilities have kids going nuts over them!!! Well looks like Hud is staying and although he once considered the Tulane job, he decided to stay for less money!!! Cajuns have a great chance in MBB to go to the show and the ladies might have their best team ever--better than the one that beat the Tulane girls I think 2 years ago!!! Don't know if you asked HUD again but don't think he would take your head job!!!
Wave755
Tsunami

exflash wrote:The coach o0f UL handed the Greenies their butt when they finally got eligible for a bowl!!! The infractions were very minor and will be a slap on the wrist!!! Recruiting is going fine and the new facilities have kids going nuts over them!!! Well looks like Hud is staying and although he once considered the Tulane job, he decided to stay for less money!!! Cajuns have a great chance in MBB to go to the show and the ladies might have their best team ever--better than the one that beat the Tulane girls I think 2 years ago!!! Don't know if you asked HUD again but don't think he would take your head job!!!
You'll find out how "minor" the infractions are a lot sooner than you think; ULALA! And, not one team wants Hudspeth after loses to both the Zips & Lobos in the same season & what about UL Flagship La. Tech for its crushing victory over 'dem Cajuns!!! Sunbelt is a joke!!! :lolgreen: :lolgreen: :lolgreen: :lolgreen: :lolgreen:
Jonathan
Riptide

So glad he did not accept the Tulane offer. He and his staff at U La La are allegedly the biggest cheats in the nation according to the NCAA in payoffs to players and getting dummies through illegal ACT test. Will not set a record at the New Orleans Bowl with 56,000 Lafayette fans and one Tulane fan. Sorry you have tier two academic status and are permanently stuck in the lowly Sunbelt Conference. By the way Tulane is academically ranked number 41 in the nation.
Wave755
Tsunami

On October 8th, 2016 @ Yulman Stadium Willie Fritz will make both Mark Hudspeth and ULALA his "little bitches"!!!
exflash
High Tide

Allegedly? Well again we need to wait but preliminary reports from those attending the NCAA meeting say all is good!!!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

exflash wrote:The coach o0f UL handed the Greenies their butt when they finally got eligible for a bowl!!! The infractions were very minor and will be a slap on the wrist!!! Recruiting is going fine and the new facilities have kids going nuts over them!!! Well looks like Hud is staying and although he once considered the Tulane job, he decided to stay for less money!!! Cajuns have a great chance in MBB to go to the show and the ladies might have their best team ever--better than the one that beat the Tulane girls I think 2 years ago!!! Don't know if you asked HUD again but don't think he would take your head job!!!
We got a much better coach with a WAY better record in the SunBelt than Hud has. We'll see who's the better team next fall. Yeah, the UL-L Cajuns beat a poorly coached Tulane team that wasn't ready to play. After Tulane spotted the Cajuns 21 points, including a gift wrapped pick 6 that Santa Claus would have been proud of, the Cajuns held on for dear life in a 24-21 thriller. Hud was (and is) a much better coach than CJ. Fritz is a much better coach than Hud. We're glad we have the coach we have, you seem pretty happy with yours. Rock on.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
cajunfanatico
Swell

Jonathan wrote:So glad he did not accept the Tulane offer. He and his staff at U La La are allegedly the biggest cheats in the nation according to the NCAA in payoffs to players and getting dummies through illegal ACT test. Will not set a record at the New Orleans Bowl with 56,000 Lafayette fans and one Tulane fan. Sorry you have tier two academic status and are permanently stuck in the lowly Sunbelt Conference. By the way Tulane is academically ranked number 41 in the nation.
I would just like to say Jonathan that your new AD is a lot smarter than you as he realizes there are good programs in both the Southland and Sunbelt and was not aftraid to tap a head coach candidate whose background includes time in both conferences.

I'd also like to say that it pleases me to no end to see you and your joined-at-the-hip-couldn't-care-less-about-the-Cajun-program Siamese twin having to choke down bad clams because of it. :lol: