ULL OOC Schedule 2014 thru 2023

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
Green Wave
Swell

ULL OOC schedule

Note the absence of any P5 home games as opposed to Tulane's below.

In comparing the two, It looks like ULL's home goal is 1 G5 and 1 FCS(more of an arbitrary goal since it appears that they can't schedule a Home game with a P5) as opposed to Tulane's home goal of 1 P5 and 1 FCS or possibly a G5. Tulane has managed to put 2 P5s a season on its OOC schedule for five out of the 10 years listed.

ROLL WAVE!
cajunfanatico
Swell

Green Wave wrote:ULL OOC schedule

Note the absence of any P5 home games as opposed to Tulane's below.

In comparing the two, It looks like ULL's home goal is 1 G5 and 1 FCS(more of an arbitrary goal since it appears that they can't schedule a Home game with a P5) as opposed to Tulane's home goal of 1 P5 and 1 FCS or possibly a G5. Tulane has managed to put 2 P5s a season on its OOC schedule for five out of the 10 years listed.
So, what's your point? Dickson's a better AD than Scott Farmer? As little as I think of Farmer, I'd still not trade him for Dickson.

From here forward, with the new separation forming between the P5's and we G5'ers, it's only going to get more difficult to sign P5 programs to home-and-home agreements and I applaud Tulane for doing what it can to attract P5 opponents to New Orleans.

Now, you mention goals. I have no inside knowledge of the Cajun athletic program's goals, though I would say from outside appearances it appears our athletic department's goal is to do the best it can with the assets it possesses. Some with whom I've had contact recently, and who are in a position to hold inside knowledge, claim that the goal is to be become the undisputed 2nd place football program in the the state of Louisiana, and to compete yearly for the number one spot across all other sports. We've made some impressive strides in the last few years, and I think any objective sports fan would agree with that assessment.

Cajun Field has been expanded to 36,000 actual, countable, confirmable, seats (I believe the second-largest OCS in the state) with further expansion plans in place once average attendance warrants it. Our new Athletic Performance Center is almost complete as are numerous other already-in-progress improvements to facilites across all Cajun sports programs. From what I understand there will soon be another fundraising effort initiated to build a new athletic office complex attached to Cajun Field along with the addition of luxury suites and a new and expanded pressbox.

Now, I've acknowledged that in name recognition Tulane has the Cajun program beaten by miles. I've also acknowledged that the AAC is a much better-perceived conference than the Belt. And I've also acknowledged that New Orleans is THE permier sports destination city in the United States. Would you acknowledge that if the Cajun program had all of those assets at its disposal, it would have an eaiser path to scheduling P5 games at home?
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
DrBox
Riptide

Tulane will always be able to schedule well because of the quality of the University and NOLA. Now, whether we use those advantages is a different story...not as much as we should, imo.
Sunbelt schools will always struggle to schedule P5 games;
We have big advantages over them in scheduling ...no use beating on them for it.
Green Wave
Swell

DrBox wrote:Tulane will always be able to schedule well because of the quality of the University and NOLA. Now, whether we use those advantages is a different story...not as much as we should, imo.
We have big advantages over them in scheduling ...no use beating on them for it.
I think the quality of Tulane University and location has its advantages but, I think individually those advantages without a good conference are of little help. Tulane's move to the American has allowed Athletics access to better recruits(offset somewhat by Academics), better overall SOS, better media exposure, and more possibilities scheduling wise than it ever did while it was in CUSA.

I am not beating on ULL. I am pointing out the differences in scheduling more than likely brought about by ULL's membership in the Sunbelt. I don't think it has anything to do with which AD is better or worse and everything to do with conference affiliation reinforced by location and School Brand Name.
ROLL WAVE!
cajunfanatico
Swell

Green Wave wrote:
DrBox wrote:Tulane will always be able to schedule well because of the quality of the University and NOLA. Now, whether we use those advantages is a different story...not as much as we should, imo.
I think the quality of Tulane University and location has its advantages but, I think individually those advantages without a good conference are of little help. Tulane's move to the American has allowed Athletics access to better recruits(offset somewhat by Academics), better overall SOS, better media exposure, and more possibilities scheduling wise than it ever did while it was in CUSA.

I am not beating on ULL. I am pointing out the differences in scheduling more than likely brought about by ULL's membership in the Sunbelt. I don't think it has anything to do with which AD is better or worse and everything to do with conference affiliation reinforced by location and School Brand Name.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Honestly, I'm not sure why ULL is mentioned so much on this board.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote:Honestly, I'm not sure why ULL is mentioned so much on this board.
I bet you do. And it's not my fault. ;)
Green Wave
Swell

cajunfanatico wrote:
Green Wave wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice pic. Now let me see if I can channel 755:

Is that Farmer modeling the new ULL Football Uniforms? ;)
ROLL WAVE!
Wave755
Tsunami

Green Wave wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:
Green Wave wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice pic. Now let me see if I can channel 755:

Is that Farmer modeling the new ULL Football Uniforms? ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:, Cajun "haute couture"!
Show Me
Tsunami

We should play UK