Ragin' Cajun Athletic Performance Center

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
cajunfanatico
Swell

1 April 2015

ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Jonathan
Riptide

Will not get you into the Sunbelt 2 aka CUSA.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Jonathan wrote:Will not get you into the Sunbelt 2 aka CUSA.
Jonathan, you seem obsessed with CUSA. Why is that? Perhaps you can explain to me what membership in CUSA would do for the Cajun program?

Would it bring us winning seasons in football and bowl games each year?
Would it mean our basketball team would play in the NCAA tournament?
Would it mean our baseball team could be ranked no. 1 in the nation, host a regional and a super regional?
Would it mean our softball team would be ranked nationally each year and make multiple trips to the CWS?
Would it mean we could expand our football stadium?
Would it mean we could build an athletics performance center?
Would it mean we could build a new soccer field and track?

While I realize that many Cajun fans view CUSA as an upgrade, I honestly do not know what all the fuss is about. Associating with teams at some perceived higher level does nothing for a program if one does not actually attempt to perform at that level. We do just fine where we are and personally I think we have a lot of work to do before we are ready for a new conference. Our day will come.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
cajunfanatico
Swell

20 April 2015

Bigschtick
Riptide

Great looking facilities!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
MicMan
Swell

Good to see material progress, especially at a neighboring competitor. A rising tide lifts all boats.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

MicMan wrote:Good to see material progress, especially at a neighboring competitor. A rising tide lifts all boats.
Unless the captain of your boat believes he can enhance his personal brand if his boat sinks. If Tulane had merely risen with the tide over the past 15 years, athletics department revenues would have tripled.
Jonathan
Riptide

It would be nice if you raised cash donations like Tulane for 80m for Yulman Stadium instead of you using loans/ bonds /credit loans from the state to fund this. It would be positive if you used this money to attempt to raise your academic ranking from lowly tier 2 to tier one like LSU and La Tech. This a Tulane thread .we have two U La La ex flash and Cajun F trying to move up to CUSa the Sunbelt 2 on this board.
Last edited by Jonathan on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Jonathan wrote:It would be nice if you raised cash donations like Tulane for 80m for Yulman Stadium instead of you using loans/ bonds loans from the state to fund this. It would be positive if you used this money to attempt to raise your academic ranking from lowly tier 2 to tier one like LSU and La Tech.
It would be positive if you'd STFU and get a life.
exflash
High Tide

Damn---We have a Dragos coming to Lafayette----Do you think they could bring a BUD's Broiler with them???During my YAT upbringing I loved the City Park AVE by the tracks with the Hickory sauce!!!
exflash
High Tide

BTW Cajuns beat S'Eastern tonight ---Now using 3 freshmen for the W/E rotation!!! RPI now in the 30s!!!
Show Me
Tsunami

exflash wrote:BTW Cajuns beat S'Eastern tonight ---Now using 3 freshmen for the W/E rotation!!! RPI now in the 30s!!!
On the road at that!
DrBox
Riptide

cajunfanatico wrote:
Jonathan wrote:It would be nice if you raised cash donations like Tulane for 80m for Yulman Stadium instead of you using loans/ bonds loans from the state to fund this. It would be positive if you used this money to attempt to raise your academic ranking from lowly tier 2 to tier one like LSU and La Tech.
This is a Tulane board. How nice it would be if the ULL board would be so accommodating to TU chest-thumping like this board to you. Instead, yet another trash Tulane thread has been started on the ULL board.
cajunfanatico
Swell

DrBox wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:
This is a Tulane board. How nice it would be if the ULL board would be so accommodating to TU chest-thumping like this board to you. Instead, yet another trash Tulane thread has been started on the ULL board.
For what it's worth, this thread is posted in the proper forum. If you'd like to see me chest-thump less, talk to TPTB and perhaps they'll eliminate this section. I guarantee I'd post less.

As for yet another trash Tulane thread having been started on the ULL board , I not only don't post there, if I did I wouldn't particiapte in such a thread so that comment is a non-starter. I've not been disrespectful of Tulane or its fans here or anywhere else so take out your frustrations on someone else.

Finally, Jonathan. You know him as Savacool at one of the other fourms. He's the guy with almost 50 negative reps, spanning virtually every conference board known to man.....and has been banned from most. That's to say, he's a troll. I really don't mind trolls, but when they same the same stupid shit over and over and over again, sometimes I just go off on them. This was such a case.
Wave755
Tsunami

But Cajun Troll, when everything is completed, Forbes will still rank ULALA 572, UNO 571! :lol: :lol: :lol:

See:

http://www.forbes.com/colleges/universi ... lafayette/

http://www.forbes.com/colleges/universi ... p-colleges
cajunfanatico
Swell

May 1, 2015

ccap05
Surge

In other, equally fascinating Lafayette news, Hurricane Grill and Wings fast food restaurant may be opening yet another location in Lafayette which will further improve on the cities reputation for a large number of wings restaurants. The excitement never stops at the fueling point between New Orleans and Houston.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Getting close now. A couple of shots posted at Ragin Pagin. These two are from the Cajun Field parking lot and taken on 18 May.

An artist's rendition of the final product.

From Hud's Facebook post:

"Checkout our new team meeting room that we will be moving into this Fall!!! ‪#‎BigTimeFacilities‬ ‪#‎RageFam16‬ ‪#‎Share‬"

cajunfanatico
Swell

Louisiana-Lafayette’s athletic facilities upgrade on schedule

With slightly less than two months remaining until its expected completion date, Tier I of the Louisiana-Lafayette Athletics Facilities Master Plan is coming along right on schedule.

Both the Student Athlete Performance Center and soccer-track complex should be finished by Sept. 1 as was originally planned, Athletic Director Scott Farmer said Wednesday.

“We meet almost weekly now with the contractor, and they still have a lot of work to do, but I have no doubt that they’re going to get these projects done,” Farmer said.

The project should be completed in time despite the fact that the weather has not cooperated, with nearly 40 inches of rain falling in Lafayette in 2015 according to the National Weather Service. Farmer said the Lafayette-based Lemoine Company was selected to construct the facilities, in part, because of its ability to meet a deadline.

“Lemoine has a tremendous record of getting projects done in a timely fashion,” he said.

The 85,000 square foot Athlete Performance Center, which is being built as an addition to the Leon Moncla Indoor Training Facility on Reinhardt Drive, will include an expansive weight room and athletic training area in addition to housing the football locker room and serving as the office space for the football coaching staff.
While the project is coming along on schedule, its proximity to the current coaching offices and team locker room — which are located across the street — has made coach Mark Hudspeth feel as if the project has dragged on.

“I hate being right here by it because you see it every day,” Hudspeth said. “I try not to go in there too often because it seems like it’s not moving fast enough for me.”

Hudspeth estimates the performance center to be 90 percent completed, with most of the remaining work being cosmetic — like “laying carpet and putting door knobs on.”

What he’s seen so far has him giddy.

“It’s going to be unbelievable,” Hudspeth said.

Hudspeth said the performance center’s impact should be threefold.

“One, perception-wise, it’s going to add a lot to our program,” he said. “Two, it’s going to help us train our current student athletes much better, with much better meeting space, much better strength and conditioning space. And three, it’s going to help us recruit to an even higher level.

“To me, it’s going to help level the playing field because the playing field has been pretty lopsided for the last five years in recruiting when it comes to facilities.”

http://theadvocate.com/sports/ullafayet ... upgrade-on
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

cajunfanatico wrote:“One, perception-wise, it’s going to add a lot to our program,” he said. “Two, it’s going to help us train our current student athletes much better, with much better meeting space, much better strength and conditioning space. And three, it’s going to help us recruit to an even higher level.

“To me, it’s going to help level the playing field because the playing field has been pretty lopsided for the last five years in recruiting when it comes to facilities.”
Who knew that these kind of facilities helped in recruiting? Thankfully we have Rick Dickson who knows better. We've got our crown jewel and are now just about winning championships. Well, soon anyway since our FB and MBB teams are picked to finish in last place again this year.
JerseyWave
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:“One, perception-wise, it’s going to add a lot to our program,” he said. “Two, it’s going to help us train our current student athletes much better, with much better meeting space, much better strength and conditioning space. And three, it’s going to help us recruit to an even higher level.

Who knew that these kind of facilities helped in recruiting? Thankfully we have Rick Dickson who knows better. We've got our crown jewel and are now just about winning championships. Well, soon anyway since our FB and MBB teams are picked to finish in last place again this year.
Of course Dickson is still trying finish fundraising for the "Crown Jewel" Stadium and then Football and Basketball are all set. Then it's on to the Olympic Village and finally Mission Accomplished! Never mind that Tulane's Football building is stuck in the 20th century and the Basketball Fieldhouse is by far the smallest in the conference.
cajunfanatico
Swell

I've been watching for the first photographs of the on-going work on the inside of the new APC as it nears completion. Finally came across one today. A couple of former Cajun players from the 70's were checking out the IPF as one of them had never seen it. By chance Coach Hud ran into them and, knowing one of the players, stopped to shake hands. He was introduced to the other former player and then told them to wait (he had a meeting with the builders) as he wanted to give them a tour of the new facility. BTW, I think it's a good thing that Hud's so involved with this project.....not just building a team but building new facilities as well......a real vested interest as the saying goes. Anyway, here's a quote of what they saw.
The weight and cardio rooms are huge. The AC ducts are made of blow up material in red color with RC logo's and they expand when the air is turned on. They have a cold walk in tank that will hold 35 players at a time! Supposedly, each player, after practice will spend 5 mins in the cold tub to aid in recovery and healing. Two huge hot tubs too. The pool room will have 3 large flat screens on the wall. The locker room is sick! There are 10 sections, each with 12 lockers, 6 on a side. Each section has its own flat screen TV. Each locker has a USB plug for smartphone charging. The position meeting rooms will include ceiling projectors with the entire wall being an erasable screen/white board. Hud's office is on the corner nearest the Cajundome, the one with the 2nd story patio on the corner. The walls near the lobby on the first floor will include murals, and historical team/player information including every all-conference player in our history, and museum area. When the team exits the locker room, they take a right for the practice fields and a left for Cajun Field. The place will be fabulous!

I've been a little worried about our lack of commitments so far this year. But, when recruits see this place, I can definitely see how the APC will be a huge positive in helping us land top players. At the end of the day, we've recruited pretty dang good since Hud and crew arrived, but this new facility will up our game tremendously....and it's connected to the Moncla IPF. Not many can claim this!

Only took 1 picture, of the weight room. Sorry.
PS...Coach Hud was excited! That's a very good sign!
And here's that first photograph from inside the new facility. The IPF field is located to the left and will be visible through those Windows. Can hardly wait to see the rest of the facility.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We don't need anything like that. Just hire a coach. :roll:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:We don't need anything like that. Just hire a coach. :roll:
Right. Hud took a bad job with no facilities no bowl games in 41 years and then took them to 4 straight bowl games and now is rewarded for his efforts. And made the place decent. Tulane instead hired retread Bob Toledo.
We don't need a coach like that. Just build a better meeting and weight room. :roll:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:We don't need anything like that. Just hire a coach. :roll:
Right. Hud took a bad job with no facilities no bowl games in 41 years and then took them to 4 straight bowl games and now is rewarded for his efforts. And made the place decent. Tulane instead hired retread Bob Toledo.
Wrong. Hud made it clear he wasn't taking the job unless they built these facilities. The school then made that commitment. The rest is history.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.