Ragin' Cajun Athletic Performance Center

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Held yesterday!

Some of you may recall wave poster Show Me blasting me for posting the 'cartoon' video below and basically saying that this was nothing more than a dream......our athletic department didn't have the money for construction and was having problems raising funds, etc. Well, looks like another promise by the Cajun Athletic Department is being completed and it looks like it's going to be a first class facility.

For those who'd like to see the 'cartoon', here's the video.

phpBB [video]

ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

cajunfanatico wrote:Held yesterday!
Man. ULL's leadership is very impressive. ULL is more of a threat than anyone here cares to believe.
cajunfanatico
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:Held yesterday!
Man. ULL's leadership is very impressive. ULL is more of a threat than anyone here cares to believe.
JJ, I think our leadership has been impressive from the standpoint of laying out plans and then completing them. I'm also pleased that they seem to keep our fans in the loop, something one should expect but obviously something that does not happen in every program. As for the 'threat' comment, I guess I don't view our program in that light. There's plenty of talent out there. I'm just glad to finally see the Cajun program realizing some of the potential that I've long felt we possessed as a university and city.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Show Me
Tsunami

"Show Me" some pile driving then I'll believe it. A shovel in the ground isn't going to convince me of anything.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Show Me wrote:"Show Me" some pile driving then I'll believe it. A shovel in the ground isn't going to convince me of anything.
Fair enough, and I expected nothing less of you. I've got contacts who are on-site most weekdays.....that's one reason I didn't mind the risk of posting the cartoon. BTW,there will probably be no pile driving....we're well above sea level.
JDTulane
Riptide

cajunfanatico wrote:
Show Me wrote:"Show Me" some pile driving then I'll believe it. A shovel in the ground isn't going to convince me of anything.
Fair enough, and I expected nothing less of you. I've got contacts who are on-site most weekdays.....that's one reason I didn't mind the risk of posting the cartoon. BTW,there will probably be no pile driving....we're well above sea level.

Wait till a giant Green Wave crashes on y'all next time ;)
cajunfanatico
Swell

JDTulane wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:

Wait till a giant Green Wave crashes on y'all next time ;)
Didn't you tell me that was going to happen the last time? :o :D
cajunfanatico
Swell

jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Thanks for posting this here.

I think it's great to have a visual reminder of the opportunity we are squandering/the opportunity to become the second best program in the state (which was our "birth right" until Cowen screwed that up). It's a highly lucrative opportunity ULL is going after, which is only available due to the incompetence of Tulane leadership.

There is great value in live, visual evidence of the continued damage being done by the silence of the Tulane alumni as Cowen and Dickson continue to collect paychecks and the university continues to circle the drain.

I have great respect for the ambition and execution of ULL's leadership.
Wave QB
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:Thanks for posting this here.

I think it's great to have a visual reminder of the opportunity we are squandering/the opportunity to become the second best program in the state (which was our "birth right" until Cowen screwed that up). It's a highly lucrative opportunity ULL is going after, which is only available due to the incompetence of Tulane leadership.

There is great value in live, visual evidence of the continued damage being done by the silence of the Tulane alumni as Cowen and Dickson continue to collect paychecks and the university continues to circle the drain.

I have great respect for the ambition and execution of ULL's leadership.
I have great respect for ULL's leadership as well.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Thanks guys for the positive words. We're a few decades late, but at least we've gotten started righting the ship and I believe we're already seeing dividends being paid.

The structure in the background is the Leon Moncla indoor practice facility.

cajunfanatico
Swell

12 Jan 2015

30 Jan 2015

10 Feb 2015

27 Feb 2015
Last edited by cajunfanatico on Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

It's nice to have all that public land. Tulane is land locked. Anything like that will have to be built a few miles off campus on donated land.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:It's nice to have all that public land. Tulane is land locked. Anything like that will have to be built a few miles off campus on donated land.
Yeah. If only Tulane were located in Lafayette then we'd have some real advantages to capitalize on... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
cajunfanatico
Swell

tpstulane wrote:It's nice to have all that public land. Tulane is land locked. Anything like that will have to be built a few miles off campus on donated land.
There's still a lot of open property right there around the athletic complex that's owned by the university as well as the university farm which sits right in the middle of the city along Johnston Street. I can hardly imagine what that property's worth these days.

The University of Louisiana at Lafayette owns a total of about 1,300 acres. Its main campus consists of 145 acres; the athletics complex and Cajundome sit on 243 acres; University Research Park has 148 acres; and the Center for Ecology and Environmental Technology has 51 acres. It also owns the 100-acre New Iberia Research Center in New Iberia, La.
Jonathan
Riptide

It would be great if you spent this money on educating your students and try to get them from a lowly tier 2 academic institution to tier 1 like our flagship public school LSU and also La. Tech.
Jonathan
Riptide

Jonathan wrote:It would be great if you spent this money on educating your students and try to get them from a lowly tier 2 academic institution to tier 1 like our flagship public school LSU and also La. Tech.
After being defeated by the Southland's Mc Neese State their ULL in state rival, the Cajuns again lost to Alabama today.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Jonathan wrote:
Jonathan wrote:It would be great if you spent this money on educating your students and try to get them from a lowly tier 2 academic institution to tier 1 like our flagship public school LSU and also La. Tech.
After being defeated by the Southland's Mc Neese State their ULL in state rival, the Cajuns again lost to Alabama today.
Wrong again Tier 3-breath. The Cajuns beat #24 Bama in game two 6-5. Rubber match tomorrow. Tony Robicheaux gets win #1000 as a head coach in collegiate ball.
cajunfanatico
Swell

5 March

Jonathan
Riptide

Sad other than you and me no one reads this board and threads.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Jonathan wrote:Sad other than you and me no one reads this board and threads.
Many read these threads Jonathan, only a few, like you, post.
ajcalhoun
Swell

cajunfanatico wrote:
Many read these threads Jonathan, only a few, like you, post.
God Bless Everyone!
cajunfanatico
Swell

14 March 2015
cajunfanatico
Swell

26 March 2015

Last edited by cajunfanatico on Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wave QB
Swell

Very impressive.