Plaquemine’s Kevin Dotson commits to Cajuns

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Louisiana-Lafayette coach Mark Hudspeth probably figured his team would be responsible for all the big plays during a Saturday scrimmage.

That was before Plaquemine High offensive lineman Kevin Dotson made a play of his own, committing the Cajuns moments before the scrimmage.

“They were out stretching before the scrimmage, and I went out and told a couple of the coaches,” Dotson said. “When I told (Hudspeth) he hugged me and jumped up.”

The 6-foot-5, 315-pound Dotson becomes the second westside area offensive lineman to join the Cajuns’ class of 2015. Port Allen’s Marcus Keyes committed during the summer. Another lineman, Ascension Catholic’s defensive lineman Delmond Landry, also is a Cajuns commitment.

“It was the place where I felt the most at home,” said Dotson, who along with twin brother Kenny helps anchor the Green Devils’ line. “I also liked the way the coaches, especially the head coach, recruited me. I talked to (Hudspeth) just about every week.

“I wanted to go ahead and make a decision now so I can concentrate on the season. Some guys commit over the summer. For me, today was the right time.”

Dotson, the son of former UL-Lafayette player and PHS assistant coach Kelcy Dotson, has already met the NCAA’s academic qualifying standards. He carries a 3.0 grade-point average and plans to major in mass communications.

Tulane and Louisiana Tech were Dotson’s other finalists.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/10015968- ... commits-to

ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

If Tulane is really that interested and puts Dotson as a priority, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Certainly, the family connection to UL-L are a big factor. Can our great recruiter, CJ, overcome that with an argument of better conference, better academics and better TV exposure? I don't know that he can, but again, I'm interested to see it play out by early February's signing day.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V