U La La 15 Ole Miss 56

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
Post Reply
Jonathan
Riptide
Posts: 4207
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:03 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:30 am

Another blow out. The Subbelt went 0-10 this weekend. Troy even lost to Abilene Christian. No wonder they are considered by many as one of the worst conferences in the nation.
Last edited by Jonathan on Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.


golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7693
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:08 am

Jonathan wrote:Another blow out.
this is all part of coach Huckster's... I mean coach Hud's grand plan...by losing he now has property security, no worries about selling the house, uprooting the children, calling allied van lines, changing phone numbers, filling out forwarding address forms for the post office... This also calms the good people of Lafayette, coach huckster will be back for next season, no new coaching search...dreams of top 25 teams...an invite to the big 12...crashing the party and making a major bowl will once again be ignited, by coach huckster's return
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
cajunfanatico
Swell
Posts: 1098
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:10 am
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:17 pm

I see Jonathon's obsession with the Cajun program and the SunBelt in general continues. We appreciate your interest.

Yeah, a challenging year so far. I figured next year we'd find out what the Cajun program is made of but it looks like I was wrong. This year seems like that year.

BTW Jonathon, did you dress warmly last night?
Jonathan: I have nothing now to complain about on any TU coaches.
Jonathan
Riptide
Posts: 4207
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:03 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:32 pm

Three interceptions thrown by Broadway. Is he going downhill fast. The Ole Miss QB had a field day against the Southwestern supposed defense. I see your obsession with Tulane. You are all over the Gotula.net and AAC board within minutes after a post to respond. It would be nice if you strictly concentrated on your Lafayette team.
cajunfanatico
Swell
Posts: 1098
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:10 am
Status: Offline

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:51 am

Jonathan wrote:Three interceptions thrown by Broadway. Is he going downhill fast. The Ole Miss QB had a field day against the Southwestern supposed defense. I see your obsession with Tulane. You are all over the Gotula.net and AAC board within minutes after a post to respond. It would be nice if you strictly concentrated on your Lafayette team.
My dad graduated from Tulane right after the war you old fool. I've been a Tulane fan since I was a child.....not that I have to explain anything to you. It would be nice if you'd pull your head out of your ass.
Jonathan: I have nothing now to complain about on any TU coaches.
Jonathan
Riptide
Posts: 4207
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:03 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:03 pm

Love your demeanor calling someone an old fool on our Tulane site. Great that your dad attended Tulane but I have two degrees from Tulane with seven years there and have been attending Tulane football games since the 50s and financially supporting it,still attending in Westfelt Terrace.It is obvious from your posts here and on U La La sites your first loyalty is to Southwestern. I love Lafayette and its people and restaurants, but am sick and tired of certain paranoid UL-L fans calling themselves a different name than their own. May we should be calling Tulane Harvard. Be civil with your responses on this site and do not attempt to degrade other Tulane posters.
cajunfanatico
Swell
Posts: 1098
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:10 am
Status: Offline

Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:56 pm

Jonathan wrote:Love your demeanor calling someone an old fool on our Tulane site. Great that your dad attended Tulane but I have two degrees from Tulane with seven years there and have been attending Tulane football games since the 50s and financially supporting it,still attending in Westfelt Terrace.It is obvious from your posts here and on U La La sites your first loyalty is to Southwestern. I love Lafayette and its people and restaurants, but am sick and tired of certain paranoid UL-L fans calling themselves a different name than their own. May we should be calling Tulane Harvard. Be civil with your responses on this site and do not attempt to degrade other Tulane posters.
How rich, the guy who's been banned on virtually ever site he's been a member of for insulting and degrading others tells me to be civil. Pot, meet kettle. :lol:
Jonathan: I have nothing now to complain about on any TU coaches.
ccap05
High Tide
Posts: 456
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:48 am
Status: Offline

Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:11 am

cajunfanatico wrote:I see Jonathon's obsession with the Cajun program and the SunBelt in general continues. We appreciate your interest.

Yeah, a challenging year so far. I figured next year we'd find out what the Cajun program is made of but it looks like I was wrong. This year seems like that year.

BTW Jonathon, did you dress warmly last night?
It is cheeky for you to make derogatory remarks about "Jonathon's obsession with the Cajun program and the SunBelt in general" when you are the one who is constantly on this board informing us about the heights to which UL-L is climbing. I understand that your father or grandfather or second cousin went to Tulane and that is why you claim to spend so much time on this board (as opposed to an attempt to use the name UL or Louisiana as a substitute for ULL as many times and in as many places as possible in an amateur "rebranding" effort). I understand that this board has an "Other Schools" section and your tidbits about ULL are properly put there (where people can read or not read them). However, you have to understand that a number of Tulane fans, like fans of other schools in Louisiana, have been really turned off by the aggressive "rebranding" effort carried on by a very vocal minority of UL-Laf fans and this has given rise to a rather macabre interest (and glee) in the misfortunes of the UL-Laf athletic teams. I admit to reading the RaginPagin forum for just this reason- I find it vastly amusing to read the terrible distress caused to the handful of Laffy's when anyone refers to them as ULL and the calls for retribution against ESPN, NOLA, the liberal elite media, the UN for refusing to recognize ULL as a flagship higher education institution in the State of Louisiana.
cajunfanatico
Swell
Posts: 1098
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:10 am
Status: Offline

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:33 am

ccap05 wrote:It is cheeky for you to make derogatory remarks about "Jonathon's obsession with the Cajun program and the SunBelt in general" when you are the one who is constantly on this board informing us about the heights to which UL-L is climbing.
Well ccap, Jonathon is clearly obsessed with the Cajun program and the Sun Belt for some odd reason. I crossed paths with him long before I started posting here. And while I admit that every fanbase has their share of peckerheads, he has always gone out of his way to insult and belittle other programs, even when posting on their sites. This is why he's been banned from so many sites, including both the SunBelt and C-USA boards I frequent. I suspect he was banned from the other Tulane fansite as well. I'm sorry if my opinion of him bothers you, but I just call 'em like I see 'em. And just because he's 3 days older than dirt, doesn't mean anyone is required to respect him. I obviously don't. Jonathon reaps what he sows.

As for informing you guys about the heights to which UL-L is climbing, some people here seem genuinely interested in what we're doing in Lafayette and seem to enjoy comparing notes and exchanging ideas. I'm sorry my posts obviously rub you the wrong way. I might suggest you stop reading them to avoid the irritation.
ccap05 wrote:I understand that your father or grandfather or second cousin went to Tulane and that is why you claim to spend so much time on this board (as opposed to an attempt to use the name UL or Louisiana as a substitute for ULL as many times and in as many places as possible in an amateur "rebranding" effort).
No need to insinuate I'm lying when I say my father graduated from Tulane just after the war, because he did. And as I've said elsewhere, our family visited the Tulane campus with him when I was a child. He was always a Tulane fan though he worked for the LSU system and received a lot of grief from his LSU cohorts. I've long despised LSU for that and other reasons.

As for your comments about my spending time here and my attempts to use the name UL as a substitute for ULL, rebranding, etc, you've obviously got the wrong guy. I would challenge you to find a single post anywhere on this site where I've referred to my university as UL. There are none, because I don't use it, ever. In order to avoid the controversy that seems to rile so many folks, I simply refer to our athletics program as the Cajun program. And in all of my posts re the Tulane football program, I don't recall ever making a snide or negative comment. Not one. Yes my loyalties lie with the Cajun program but I've been respectful of everything the Tulane program is trying to accomplish which I see paralleling what we're trying to accomplish in Lafayette and is just one of the reasons I enjoy posting here.

Now, when other fans start whining about Cajun fans "illegally" calling the school UL or University of Louisiana, I will point out that there are no laws preventing the public from doing so. None. Yes there are laws concerning the use of the legal name in university correspondence, promotions, etc, but to the best of my knowledge, the university follows the law. Also, that the Cajun athletic department seized upon the idea of branding the team as the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns and many in the media accept and use that brand, is not only not illegal, but smart, and I applaud them.
ccap05 wrote:I understand that this board has an "Other Schools" section and your tidbits about ULL are properly put there (where people can read or not read them). However, you have to understand that a number of Tulane fans, like fans of other schools in Louisiana, have been really turned off by the aggressive "rebranding" effort carried on by a very vocal minority of UL-Laf fans and this has given rise to a rather macabre interest (and glee) in the misfortunes of the UL-Laf athletic teams. I admit to reading the RaginPagin forum for just this reason- I find it vastly amusing to read the terrible distress caused to the handful of Laffy's when anyone refers to them as ULL and the calls for retribution against ESPN, NOLA, the liberal elite media, the UN for refusing to recognize ULL as a flagship higher education institution in the State of Louisiana.
I've got no reason to question your opinion about how others might view the Cajun program's branding effort. I understand the pushback. I also understand what sports rivalries are all about. As I said, some fans go out of their way to be arseholes and Jonathon just happens to be one of them. I'm glad he's on your side because I'd be embarrassed if he were on ours.
Jonathan: I have nothing now to complain about on any TU coaches.
Jonathan
Riptide
Posts: 4207
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:03 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:34 pm

You must be a little frustrated seeing the Cajuns give up 104 points in your first two games against Louisiana Tech and Ole Miss. Good luck against Boise State. I have always supported Louisiana teams other than LSU A&M unless we are playing a Louisiana team. We defeated Louisiana Tech last year. Our star field goal kicker cost us the New Orleans Bowl against your team.But since most of your best Sunbelt members have already deserted the Sunbelt and left for CUSA your team is the top team in the Sunbelt against new former Southland members. We were in CUSA last year and had a winning season against inferior new member teams. The AAC is much more competitive and difficult. Good luck in the New Orleans Bowl this year. By the way the New Orleans Bowl could be bounced to Tulane's Yulman Stadium,a state of the art new small jewel box with no bad seats.
cajunfanatico
Swell
Posts: 1098
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:10 am
Status: Offline

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:45 am

Jonathan wrote:You must be a little frustrated seeing the Cajuns give up 104 points in your first two games against Louisiana Tech and Ole Miss. Good luck against Boise State. I have always supported Louisiana teams other than LSU A&M unless we are playing a Louisiana team. We defeated Louisiana Tech last year. Our star field goal kicker cost us the New Orleans Bowl against your team.But since most of your best Sunbelt members have already deserted the Sunbelt and left for CUSA your team is the top team in the Sunbelt against new former Southland members. We were in CUSA last year and had a winning season against inferior new member teams. The AAC is much more competitive and difficult. Good luck in the New Orleans Bowl this year. By the way the New Orleans Bowl could be bounced to Tulane's Yulman Stadium,a state of the art new small jewel box with no bad seats.


Oh, it's definitely frustrating seeing the Cajuns playing so poorly especially after 3 successful years, three straight bowl wins, and a team returning so many seniors. I expected better, much better. But, that's football, and it's why we play the game. As I said in the beginning of this thread, I thought next year would be the real test, it's looking like this year will be that test. And I wouldn't assume at this point that the Cajuns will even be bowling this year. Long season and a lot of parity in the Belt. Having said all that, I'm not overly concerned at this point. The athletic program overall is still headed in the right direction IMHO.

And Jonathon, lemme give you some tips about smack talk. If you think that saying that Tulane beat LaTech last year somehow impresses me this year, or impresses anyone for that matter, you're wrong. And regardless of why Tulane lost the game to the Cajuns last year, it was a loss. Personally, I think it was lost on the sidelines, not on the field, but that's just my opinion.

You might also want to take a good look at what the AAC is doing on the field this year before proclaiming how competitive and difficult the league is. With the exception of a team or two, you guys are getting owned by C-USA right now. Now, I'll be the first to admit that the poor performance of the AAC this year is an even bigger surprise to me than how poorly the Belt has performed. I do believe that with time, the AAC will be best of the non-cartels simply because the athletic budgets are greater and that eventually leads to better facilities, better recruiting, better coaches. But to say you're there now, doesn't seem to mesh with the facts to date.

And don't sell the Belt short either. It's a league that will focus mostly on football and one that I believe will make noise for years to come. Our FCS call-ups caught a lot of flak before the season started but that talk has died down considerably seeing how well GaSouthern has performed. I'm sure you missed it, but the lowly GaSouthern team lead Georgia Tech late in the fourth quarter (at GaTech), and was about to score again when the tide turned on them. They lost in a heartbreaker in the closing minute. As I say, it's why the games are played.

Finally, a question Jonathon. Why do you feel the need to constantly belittle other teams and conferences? Do you think it somehow makes Tulane better? Just re-read your post quoted above for a prime example. It's a really odd behavior.
Jonathan: I have nothing now to complain about on any TU coaches.
Post Reply