Arms Race: Photos of top indoor practice facilities

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
cajunfanatico
Swell

As money pours into the top conferences and the top programs in college football, we see the effect in a few areas namely rising coach salaries and NFL-like facilities. SDS decided to take a look at some of the best facilities around the country by category. Today, we’ll look at the best looking indoor practice facilities in college football.

Top Indoor Practice Facilities In College Football

College football teams take practice rather seriously. So serious that the idea of practicing in open fields and in open weather conditions is now considered ridiculous. The top college football programs in the country are building massive indoor practice facilities. This isn’t your grand-daddy’s era of college football. Check out the photos below of the top indoor practice facilities around the country:

Nice getting lumped in with all those SEC facilities.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-fo ... -football/

ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
exflash
High Tide

Yes this looks pretty good---but wait till the rest of the Athletics building is completed---The performance center will be as nice as any just about---If we can't recruit with these facilities God help us----But we will!!!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Congrats on having competent leadership and taking advantage of Tulane's ineptitude.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Almost looks as good as Lake Travis High School facility in the "burbs" outside of Austin...and a few other High Schools here in Texas

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 7061,d.aWw

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 7061,d.aWw
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
JerseyWave
Riptide

Tulane's football building should take priority over the Indoor Practice Facility. I figure we need about $20 million to expand and upgrade the Wilson Center. The present meeting room is an embarrassment. We need an auditorium style meeting room and player/recruit lounges, an NFL caliber locker room, and expanded weight room. The only room that shouldn't be fancy is the training room. My favorite coach, Bill Parcells tried to make the training room as uncomfortable as possible because he didn't want players hanging out in there.
DrBox
Riptide

cajunfanatico wrote:As money pours into the top conferences and the top programs in college football, we see the effect in a few areas namely rising coach salaries and NFL-like facilities. SDS decided to take a look at some of the best facilities around the country by category. Today, we’ll look at the best looking indoor practice facilities in college football.

I thought you were posting photos of the top indoor practice facilities?
Wavetime
Swell

Syracuse's IPF just opened this past January. I had a chance to see it this past April. Really stunning.

http://cuse.com/facilities/ensley.aspx
cajunfanatico
Swell

DrBox wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:As money pours into the top conferences and the top programs in college football, we see the effect in a few areas namely rising coach salaries and NFL-like facilities. SDS decided to take a look at some of the best facilities around the country by category. Today, we’ll look at the best looking indoor practice facilities in college football.

I thought you were posting photos of the top indoor practice facilities?
I did, almost a year ago, though I see only ours remains. I guess that means it's the best. Thanks for your continued interest in Ragin Cajun athletics.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
GreenLantern
Riptide

So what's wrong with our facilities? We've got lockers. We've got running water. So they are a little worn.
After all, true sport fans remember that Rocky trained in a barn before demolishing Drago in Rocky IV. In the snow, even.

JerseyWave
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote:So what's wrong with our facilities? We've got lockers. We've got running water. So they are a little worn.
After all, true sport fans remember that Rocky trained in a barn before demolishing Drago in Rocky IV. In the snow, even.

I believe the above locker room was donated by JTS.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Just as Rick Dickson is declaring victory on his facilities plan, the game gets upped again. Michigan State installing heated fields for its baseball and softball programs.

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-bas ... 15aad.html
Jonathan
Riptide

As I have said before we need a state of the art much better than the Saints and LSU indoor football facility on the first floor of the Rosen parking lot. The entire second floor would be a weight room training facility with sports medicine and academic assistance along with an athletic lounge. Four or five floors above all parking. Let us do it! Maybe 40m cost.