This doesn't seem that much ULL sells 12K season tickets

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
lurker123
Swell

Tulane has sold more than that this season. I look forward to a positive comment or two from the ULL cheerleader on this board.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

lurker123 wrote:
Tulane has sold more than that this season. I look forward to a positive comment or two from the ULL cheerleader on this board.
Oh obviously. All the more reason to believe that if Tulane had 3 straight 9 win seasons, Tulane's fan base would significantly higher than most here believe and bigger than an expanded Yulman can support.

Still looking for the mea culpas from those who said, given actual attendance at the Superdome, that it would take years to fill Yulman.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

lurker123 wrote:
+1
Yes that's what I was thinking.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

lurker123 wrote:
We don't know how many have been sold. There are only 22,000 seats and at least 7k are for students,visitors and recruits and guest. Then we have 5k left to sell.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
We don't know how many have been sold. There are only 22,000 seats and at least 7k are for students,visitors and recruits and guest. Then we have 5k left to sell.
This is what you get now when you click on the buy season tickets banner ad on Tulanegreenwave.com site....
https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/pack_ ... eam=tulane
The page cannot be found.....
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

jonathanjoseph wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
Oh obviously. All the more reason to believe that if Tulane had 3 straight 9 win seasons, Tulane's fan base would significantly higher than most here believe and bigger than an expanded Yulman can support.

Still looking for the mea culpas from those who said, given actual attendance at the Superdome, that it would take years to fill Yulman.
Still waiting to see if we sell out THIS YEAR. A blowout loss at Tulsa and the GaTech game might not sell out.

I never said we'd never fill the place, but I did say if we could do so on a regular basis it would be a much better problem to have than the one we had at the Dome. 2,000 people in a Dome built for 72,000 was the worst environment possible for college football.

Buy a ticket or go home.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
cajunfanatico
Swell

lurker123 wrote:
What would you like me to say? I've never commented on our season ticket sales nor on those reported by Tulane, no?

But I did note this from the article:
The current total of 12,276 marks the fourth consecutive year the Ragin' Cajuns have set a season-ticket record, eclipsing last year's mark of 11,833.
Cajun home game attendance average last year was just below 26,000. And for those who don't know, we report actual tickets scanned at the gate, not tickets sold but not used. Many Cajun fans complain about that because they say others count tickets sold and therefore report inflated numbers. Along those lines, I asked JDTulane if he believed there were 19,000+ at Tulane home games last year. He responded that there were probbly between 5-10K actual butts in the seat which based on photos posted, probably is about right.

We're expecting over 40,000 for each of our first two home games this year so I imagine that with another successful season, we'll easily beat last year's attendance average. What I want to see is our attendance increasing each and every year like our season ticket sales appear to be doing.

Why only 12,000 season tickets when Tulane claims to have sold more? Don't know. Don't care either. Each fan base is different. Perhaps we don't sell as many season tickets because the average fan knows there are enough seats available for last minute purchase? With the newly enclosed end zone, I believe we're up to about 39,000 actual seats for this season. Perhaps Tulane fans, because of the size of the stadium, feel they should buy season tickets to guarantee a seat. If so, then perhaps the smaller stadium is working exactly as planned......earning more money with less. Congrats.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

cajunfanatico wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
What would you like me to say? I've never commented on our season ticket sales nor on those reported by Tulane, no?

The current total of 12,276 marks the fourth consecutive year the Ragin' Cajuns have set a season-ticket record, eclipsing last year's mark of 11,833.
Cajun home game attendance average last year was just below 26,000. And for those who don't know, we report actual tickets scanned at the gate, not tickets sold but not used. Many Cajun fans complain about that because they say others count tickets sold and therefore report inflated numbers. Along those lines, I asked JDTulane if he believed there were 19,000+ at Tulane home games last year. He responded that there were probbly between 5-10K actual butts in the seat which based on photos posted, probably is about right.

We're expecting over 40,000 for each of our first two home games this year so I imagine that with another successful season, we'll easily beat last year's attendance average. What I want to see is our attendance increasing each and every year like our season ticket sales appear to be doing.

Why only 12,000 season tickets when Tulane claims to have sold more? Don't know. Don't care either. Each fan base is different. Perhaps we don't sell as many season tickets because the average fan knows there are enough seats available for last minute purchase? With the newly enclosed end zone, I believe we're up to about 39,000 actual seats for this season. Perhaps Tulane fans, because of the size of the stadium, feel they should buy season tickets to guarantee a seat. If so, then perhaps the smaller stadium is working exactly as planned......earning more money with less. Congrats.
Tulane has a completely different fan base than ULL. Most Cajun fans that buy tickets actually attend the games. But Tulane has many fans that buy season tickets but live out of town and only make HC if that. 99% of schools count tickets "distributed". ULL is unusual if they don't. Just saying if Tulane went to 4 straight bowl games we'd have 20K season ticket sold easily. We had that in 1-10 seasons.
Tulane Class of 1981
lurker123
Swell

cajunfanatico wrote:
lurker123 wrote:

CF, To be fair the comment was not directed at you. I like ULL and wish it well but obviously don't like losing to ULL. I cheer for ULL when not playing Tulane because I'm from LA. and have many friends affiliated with it as students, parents, alums, etc. I do not cheer for ULL because I hate the SC/RD axis.

Things would have to break perfectly but I think ULL at some point could make a BSU type run in football (and really surpass it in all sports as it showed in baseball last spring.) ULL has been great for the NOLA Bowl as it has developed its program. Hudspeth is a good coach and I could see him staying at ULL for an extended period just as Rick Jones stayed at Tulane despite lots of other offers including SEC jobs.

Interesting to note that ULL reports only butts in the seats since most teams at all levels report tickets distributed including obviously Tulane. I agree with your assessment: reduce the available supply of tickets and yes you will increase demand on the margin and yes you will make more money.
cajunfanatico
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Tulane has a completely different fan base than ULL. Most Cajun fans that buy tickets actually attend the games. But Tulane has many fans that buy season tickets but live out of town and only make HC if that. 99% of schools count tickets "distributed". ULL is unusual if they don't. Just saying if Tulane went to 4 straight bowl games we'd have 20K season ticket sold easily. We had that in 1-10 seasons.
We don't. Trust me when I say that. In that same conversation a couple of us had with JDTulane about reported attendance, one Cajun fan linked an article talking about the practice. We report butts in the seats, not tickets sold.

As for Tulane being able to sell 20K season tickets with a much more successful program, I don't doubt it. The question is, where are you going to put them when CJ delivers? And while I think the merits of being in a big market are sometimes overrated, there's no denying that the New Orleans metropolitian area is significantly larger than ours.
As of the April 1, 2012 estimate, the metropolitan statistical area (MSA) of New Orleans had a population of 1,227,096. The New Orleans-Metairie-Hammond combined statistical area (CSA), a ten-parish area, had a population of 1,452,502.

As of the 2010 census, the MSA had a population of 273,738 (though a 2013 estimate placed the population at 479,116). It is also part of the larger Lafayette-Acadiana Combined Statistical Area, which had an estimated population of 616,113 in 2013.
So, other than the Cajuns having been to 4 straight bowl games, we're in complete agreement.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

cajunfanatico wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Tulane has a completely different fan base than ULL. Most Cajun fans that buy tickets actually attend the games. But Tulane has many fans that buy season tickets but live out of town and only make HC if that. 99% of schools count tickets "distributed". ULL is unusual if they don't. Just saying if Tulane went to 4 straight bowl games we'd have 20K season ticket sold easily. We had that in 1-10 seasons.
We don't. Trust me when I say that. In that same conversation a couple of us had with JDTulane about reported attendance, one Cajun fan linked an article talking about the practice. We report butts in the seats, not tickets sold.

As for Tulane being able to sell 20K season tickets with a much more successful program, I don't doubt it. The question is, where are you going to put them when CJ delivers? And while I think the merits of being in a big market are sometimes overrated, there's no denying that the New Orleans metropolitian area is significantly larger than ours.
As of the April 1, 2012 estimate, the metropolitan statistical area (MSA) of New Orleans had a population of 1,227,096. The New Orleans-Metairie-Hammond combined statistical area (CSA), a ten-parish area, had a population of 1,452,502.

As of the 2010 census, the MSA had a population of 273,738 (though a 2013 estimate placed the population at 479,116). It is also part of the larger Lafayette-Acadiana Combined Statistical Area, which had an estimated population of 616,113 in 2013.
So, other than the Cajuns having been to 4 straight bowl games, we're in complete agreement.
I'm assuming another one this year.
Tulane Class of 1981
cajunfanatico
Swell

tpstulane wrote:I'm assuming another one this year.
I'd never make that assumption. Stuff happens. :D
cajunfanatico
Swell

Found that article I mentioned. And as I said, a lot of Cajun fans complain about the practice because others tend to report inflated attendance numbers.
When he heard attendance at Cajun Field for UL’s 49-35 win over New Mexico State last Saturday announced as 30,028, Ragin’ Cajuns coach Mark Hudspeth wasn’t buying it.

“If there’s one disappointment,” Hudspeth said after extolling all the virtues in UL’s win during his weekly media gathering Monday, “it was with our number clicker that they use at the gates when we were counting people coming in the door.

“Obviously it got stuck at 30,000-and-some-odd-number, and just didn’t keep ticking,” he added. “I thought we surpassed that greatly.”

Hudspeth also challenged the number during an on-field, postgame radio interview.

The number, however, is quite accurate, said John Dugas, UL’s associate athletic director of internal operations.

Moreover, Dugas added, the attendance count doesn’t even come from so-called number clickers.

“Each ticket and every student ID is scanned by the Cajundome ticket-takers,” he said.

“The ‘clicker people’ – that’s really just like a backup at any gate. That way, if something goes wrong, they don’t just say, ‘Oh, well, we don’t know how many people are here.’ ”

There were no known scanning issues or malfunctions Saturday.

And while many fans took advantage of hill seating behind both end zones at 31,000-capacity Cajun Field, there were noticeably empty seats on at least one end-zone area on the stadium’s visitor’s side and empty scattered seats as well in the heart of its home side.

The 30,028 figure, Dugas said, reflects actual attendance. It was the seventh-largest crowd in Cajun Field history.

Some NCAA programs release both per-game actual and paid attendance figures, but UL only announces actual attendance.

“We’ve always done it that way,” Dugas said. “Maybe you should do both … but, the thing is, our paid attendance is always so close to our actual attendance, because people who pay for tickets, they always show up.

“It’s not a situation where you are selling thousands of tickets to people who are not going to show up for our games.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/20 ... vvy5vdhrmd
So I guess that puts us in the 1%. :mrgreen:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

cajunfanatico wrote:Found that article I mentioned. And as I said, a lot of Cajun fans complain about the practice because others tend to report inflated attendance numbers.
When he heard attendance at Cajun Field for UL’s 49-35 win over New Mexico State last Saturday announced as 30,028, Ragin’ Cajuns coach Mark Hudspeth wasn’t buying it.

“If there’s one disappointment,” Hudspeth said after extolling all the virtues in UL’s win during his weekly media gathering Monday, “it was with our number clicker that they use at the gates when we were counting people coming in the door.

“Obviously it got stuck at 30,000-and-some-odd-number, and just didn’t keep ticking,” he added. “I thought we surpassed that greatly.”

Hudspeth also challenged the number during an on-field, postgame radio interview.

The number, however, is quite accurate, said John Dugas, UL’s associate athletic director of internal operations.

Moreover, Dugas added, the attendance count doesn’t even come from so-called number clickers.

“Each ticket and every student ID is scanned by the Cajundome ticket-takers,” he said.

“The ‘clicker people’ – that’s really just like a backup at any gate. That way, if something goes wrong, they don’t just say, ‘Oh, well, we don’t know how many people are here.’ ”

There were no known scanning issues or malfunctions Saturday.

And while many fans took advantage of hill seating behind both end zones at 31,000-capacity Cajun Field, there were noticeably empty seats on at least one end-zone area on the stadium’s visitor’s side and empty scattered seats as well in the heart of its home side.

The 30,028 figure, Dugas said, reflects actual attendance. It was the seventh-largest crowd in Cajun Field history.

Some NCAA programs release both per-game actual and paid attendance figures, but UL only announces actual attendance.

“We’ve always done it that way,” Dugas said. “Maybe you should do both … but, the thing is, our paid attendance is always so close to our actual attendance, because people who pay for tickets, they always show up.

“It’s not a situation where you are selling thousands of tickets to people who are not going to show up for our games.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/20 ... vvy5vdhrmd
So I guess that puts us in the 1%. :mrgreen:
Like I said they show up, Tulane fans that live up East usually don't.
Tulane Class of 1981
exflash
High Tide

So the beef has been that fans think the UL attendance is under reported---I agree---the students are scanned and many are missed----the great arrival at game time from the T-gaters keep all of these from being scanned---Some non Photo-Shopped pics can prove this especially from the number of those standing!!!