Ragin Cajun sign best football class in school history

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
cajunfanatico
Swell

In what is arguably one of the best recruiting classes ever assembled in the 118-year history of Louisiana Football, head coach Billy Napier announced that 19 student-athletes have signed to play for the Ragin' Cajuns for the upcoming 2019 season.

Louisiana boasts the top-ranked class in the Sun Belt Conference and 65th-best class nationally, according to 247Sports, and the second-best class in the state of Louisiana. Among fellow Group of Five programs, the class is ranked eighth.

The 2019 signing class, as it currently stands, is comprised of student-athletes from five different states, with 13 coming from their home state of Louisiana. Seven position spots are represented in the class, with an emphasis on both lines (8) and the defensive backfield (3).

Read more exciting news about the Ragin Cajuns whose class is second only to that of Alice Shoe.

:https://ragincajuns.com/news/2018/12/19 ... class.aspx

ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Ya happy now Green Lantern? I posted EXACTLY where you told me to post and look at the gd result.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Hey Cajun Troll, as I said previously, you guys don’t need a good recruiting class because you are in the Sun Belt conference and don’t need top recruits in order to win in such a pathetic conference. On the other hand, Tulane has to have good recruiting classes in order to compete with the much tougher competition in the AAC. So you guys win the Fun Belt Conference. Who cares!!
GreenLantern
Riptide

Cajun, I begrudgingly concede that Lafayette has an outstanding football coach and has just completed a recruiting class that was far beyond the expectations of most reasonable people.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Sunamiwave wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:06 pm Hey Cajun Troll, as I said previously, you guys don’t need a good recruiting class because you are in the Sun Belt conference and don’t need top recruits in order to win in such a pathetic conference. On the other hand, Tulane has to have good recruiting classes in order to compete with the much tougher competition in the AAC. So you guys win the Fun Belt Conference. Who cares!!
The whole thing zoomed right over your head didn't it.

Some of you are so blinded by, by I don't know what, that you can't see straight.

The rest of you guys are first class.
GreenLantern
Riptide

I will also concede that I'm a tad defensive of what I perceive as slights to my alma mater. Where I grew up there was a saying:
You can't say something bad about my mama unless she's yo' mama too.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Also U LA LA is notorious for taking in high level recruits who can’t go anywhere else because they are academic non-qualifiers. U LA LA will accept them and take a huge risk on them but almost no one else will. The vast majority of these guys don’t ever see the field because they never make the minimum grades or test scores required to become eligible. U LA LA has been well known over the years for doing this in order to superficially make their recruiting rankings look good.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Sunamiwave wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:24 pm Also U LA LA is notorious for taking in high level recruits who can’t go anywhere else because they are academic non-qualifiers. U LA LA will accept them and take a huge risk on them but almost no one else will. The vast majority of these guys don’t ever see the field because they never make the minimum grades or test scores required to become eligible. U LA LA has been well known over the years for doing this in order to superficially make their recruiting rankings look good.
Perhaps notorious in the past Sunamiwave, but I don't think that's the case with this class or this coach. Having said that, I'd like you to supply some evidence that U LA LA has been well known over the years for doing this in order to superficially make their recruiting rankings look good That's an assertion I don't believe you can support but will gladly concede to your superior knowledge of Ragin Cajun athletics if you can. .

Napier's made it clear that flunking out in class does nothing but undo a whole lot of hard work on the part of the coaches and players. I asked about one kid who had committed but did not sign wondering if someone else had snagged him and was told his grades were not good enough for the admissions department. He still wants to play, so they may sign him under some other arrangement while he gets his grades in order.

As with everything else, time will tell though I believe most of these kids will not only make the grades, they'll see the field.
Last edited by cajunfanatico on Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Sunamiwave wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:24 pm Also U LA LA is notorious for taking in high level recruits who can’t go anywhere else because they are academic non-qualifiers. U LA LA will accept them and take a huge risk on them but almost no one else will. The vast majority of these guys don’t ever see the field because they never make the minimum grades or test scores required to become eligible. U LA LA has been well known over the years for doing this in order to superficially make their recruiting rankings look good.
From the article linked:

Jax Harrington.........Had offers to play at multiple programs, including Baylor, Kansas, Louisiana Tech, ULM and Tulane.

Tyler Guidry.......Held offers from multiple FBS programs, including South Alabama, SMU, WKU, South Alabama, ULM, Southern Miss, Rice, Tulane and Arkansas State.

O'Cyrus Torrence.........Held offers from Georgia, Louisiana Tech, ULM, South Alabama and Middle Tennessee.

Dalvin Hutchinson............Ranked the 65th-best prospect in Louisiana and the 96th-best tackle in the country…Held offers from SMU, ULM, Memphis and New Mexico State.

Neal Johnson............Ranked 90th among tight ends in the class nationally…Had offers from ULM, Georgia State, WKU, Wyoming and Tulane.

Bobby Holmes..........Received offers from Michigan State, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, North Texas, Utah State and WKU.

Kalem Reddix...............He was also offered by Colorado State, Southern Miss, Middle Tennessee, Troy, Tulane and UAB.

Kendall Wilkerson...................Also had offers from Wisconsin, Kansas, UCF, Southeastern Louisiana and Tulane

I don't know the accuracy of the quoted "offers", but it doesn't look to me like these kids were high risk and had no other options for playing.
cajunfanatico
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:17 pm Cajun, I begrudgingly concede that Lafayette has an outstanding football coach and has just completed a recruiting class that was far beyond the expectations of most reasonable people.
BTW GL, when I said, look at the gd result, I'm not taking about the recruiting class. I'm talking about posting where you tell me to post and it still ends up on your main board. That was my only point. Someone needs to fix that. They did once before but when changes were made to the website many months ago, it reverted to its old format.

And as has been pointed out here and a million other places, signing is one thing, making the grades and seeing the field is a whole nuther ball of wax though it's always nice to see any class with so many 3 star players.
DrBox
Riptide

No surprise that that's the best class in Cajuns' history.
Congrats on this historical accomplishment.
RobertM320
Green Wave

cajunfanatico wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:16 pm
GreenLantern wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:17 pm Cajun, I begrudgingly concede that Lafayette has an outstanding football coach and has just completed a recruiting class that was far beyond the expectations of most reasonable people.
BTW GL, when I said, look at the gd result, I'm not taking about the recruiting class. I'm talking about posting where you tell me to post and it still ends up on your main board. That was my only point. Someone needs to fix that. They did once before but when changes were made to the website many months ago, it reverted to its old format.

And as has been pointed out here and a million other places, signing is one thing, making the grades and seeing the field is a whole nuther ball of wax though it's always nice to see any class with so many 3 star players.
It didn't end up on the main board, cf. It ended up in the recent posts index. That's all. As soon as we stop responding to you, it'll disappear. BTW, it really doesn't make sense to claim the 65th best class, and second in the state and all that BEFORE everyone's recruiting is done. That would have been like USF claiming a national championship when they were 7-0. They just finished their season at 7-6. Let's wait and see where things end up AFTER Feb signing.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
GreenLantern
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:43 pm It ended up in the recent posts index. That's all. As soon as we stop responding to you, it'll disappear.
At the risk of agreeing with Cajun twice in one day, I believe he is correct about this. At one time posts and replies to 'Those Other Louisiana Schools' did not cause a thread to appear in 'Recent Topics'. I have sent a PM to Steve describing the problem. If/when he has time, I'm sure he can restore the prior configuration.
RobertM320
Green Wave

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:52 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:43 pm It ended up in the recent posts index. That's all. As soon as we stop responding to you, it'll disappear.
At the risk of agreeing with Cajun twice in one day, I believe he is correct about this. At one time posts and replies to 'Those Other Louisiana Schools' did not cause a thread to appear in 'Recent Topics'. I have sent a PM to Steve describing the problem. If/when he has time, I'm sure he can restore the prior configuration.
But its only in recent topics. It doesn't show on the main huddle board. If we stop responding, it'll go away. I'm done with it. This was a premature thread anyway, probably like a lot of things UL-L does. :o
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
GreenLantern
Riptide

Robert, 'The Huddle' is a forum, the same as 'Those Other Louisiana Schools' . Cajun's topic was not created in 'The Huddle' and will never appear there.

At one point, Steve configured the entire board so that any topic created in 'Those Other Lousiana Schools' would never appear in the 'Recent Topics' list upon login or whenever a user returned to the Board Index. The point of this was to create a granularity level that would isolate ULL entries from the general view and minimize the 'trolling' issues that have been seen recently.
cajunfanatico
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:52 pm
You are correct GL (except for the trolling part). There was a time that Tulane posters would go to the Other Louisiana Schools forum, reply to a Cajun-related thread that I'd posted a week or more before, send it to the top here, and then posters here would bitch at ME for flooding the forum with non-Tulane junk. LOL After pointing out I had nothing to do with the problem, the IT geek here finally fixed it. Now it's back. I'm sure he'll fix it again.

And Robert, I'm not proclaiming anything. Recruiting class rank is one of the most subjective measures in all of football I'd imagine. I merely linked an article that referred to where the class was ranked by 247sports. None of this means squat if the kids can't make the grades, can't stay out of trouble with the law, and can't compete on the field. In today's world of instant gratificiation, half will probably transfer out because they're not getting enough playing time.

Oh, and the ONLY reason I posted it was to show GL that making me stand in the corner wasn't going to accomplish what he hoped it would accomplish.

And hey, btw, if you guys need a new basketball coach, I can recommend a big fish.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Why should they not appear in Recent Topics? If you don't want to read it, don't open the thread.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenLantern
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:23 pm Why should they not appear in Recent Topics? If you don't want to read it, don't open the thread.
No argument here. I think most of us are capable of imagining what we will see if we open a topic in the forum 'Those Other Louisiana Schools'.

Out of curiosity, I did an advanced search to find the source of the original conflict and whaddya know: It was Jonathan. He was troubled with the quantity of Cajun's posts.

Haven't seen or heard from Jonathan in years. Hope he's still amongst the living. He may have been a bit odd, but no one should have questioned his love for Tulane.
cajunfanatico
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:44 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:23 pm Why should they not appear in Recent Topics? If you don't want to read it, don't open the thread.
No argument here. I think most of us are capable of imagining what we will see if we open a topic in the forum 'Those Other Louisiana Schools'.

Out of curiosity, I did an advanced search to find the source of the original conflict and whaddya know: It was Jonathan. He was troubled with the quantity of Cajun's posts.

Haven't seen or heard from Jonathan in years. Hope he's still amongst the living. He may have been a bit odd, but no one should have questioned his love for Tulane.
If Jonathan is still alive, I'm sure I'm still living rent-free in his head. He was worse than 755, if that's possible.
Wavetime
Swell

cajunfanatico wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:55 pm In what is arguably one of the best recruiting classes ever assembled in the 118-year history of Louisiana Football, head coach Billy Napier announced that 19 student-athletes have signed to play for the Ragin' Cajuns for the upcoming 2019 season.

Louisiana boasts the top-ranked class in the Sun Belt Conference and 65th-best class nationally, according to 247Sports, and the second-best class in the state of Louisiana. Among fellow Group of Five programs, the class is ranked eighth.

The 2019 signing class, as it currently stands, is comprised of student-athletes from five different states, with 13 coming from their home state of Louisiana. Seven position spots are represented in the class, with an emphasis on both lines (8) and the defensive backfield (3).

Read more exciting news about the Ragin Cajuns whose class is second only to that of Alice Shoe.

:https://ragincajuns.com/news/2018/12/19 ... class.aspx
You really seem like a good guy, but really? You're going to come on a Tulane website and post about ULL's recruiting class?
cajunfanatico
Swell

Wavetime wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:53 pm
You really seem like a good guy, but really? You're going to come on a Tulane website and post about ULL's recruiting class?
1) Posted in the Other Louisiana Schools section were such posts are supposed to be, that's why it's called the Other Louisiana Schools section, I'd imagine..

2) Posted because Green Lantern told me to make any post concerning Ragin Cajun athletics in the Other Louisiana Schools section of the website where only those who wanted to see it, would see it.

3) The thread was posted ONLY because I wanted to demonstrate to Green Lantern that if I posted in the Other Louisiana Schools Leper's Camp as he requested, it would still show up on Recent Topics and piss people off. It did.

4) Yes, I am a really good guy, though I do have my bad days like everyone else. Also, I'm not prone to take shit from anyone. I willingly accept other's opinions, but if you're going to make unfounded assertions about Cajun athletics, expect to be challenged. I expect the same from others if I make unfounded assertions.

5) I might suggest posters read the entire thread before responding so they'll have everything in context before reaching the conclusion that I'm trying to be an asshole. I'm not.

6) Please stop posting to this miserable thread so it can die a natural death.

Thank you.
RobertM320
Green Wave

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:11 pm Robert, 'The Huddle' is a forum, the same as 'Those Other Louisiana Schools' . Cajun's topic was not created in 'The Huddle' and will never appear there.

At one point, Steve configured the entire board so that any topic created in 'Those Other Lousiana Schools' would never appear in the 'Recent Topics' list upon login or whenever a user returned to the Board Index. The point of this was to create a granularity level that would isolate ULL entries from the general view and minimize the 'trolling' issues that have been seen recently.
I'm aware that its a separate forum, GL. I was pointing out that we don't have to worry about it ever showing up on the Huddle board, only in the recent topics. Best thing would be if everyone would just stop clicking on the topic and it would go away.
Wave QB
Swell

Congratulations to the Cajuns. Better recruits usually brings in better results. Louisiana needs more top 25 FBS programs besides LSU getting the glory. Two Louisiana G5 programs facing each other while both are ranked in the top 25 would definitely sell tickets and put butts in the seats. I support all Louisiana College Football Programs. I hope we can see Tulane, ULaLa, ULM and La Tech in the bowl season on a regular basis. Once again, good job Cajuns.
gbgreenie
Surge

To those that say ULL takes any athlete even when they can't make the grade academically. Look at the amount of players they signed that had offers from Tulane. Look at the facts before shooting off your mouths. I will say this again and it handicaps a coaches ability to recruit when he brings recruits in for visits and the stadium is almost empty. ULL has a larger stadium and averages almost double the fans we have at the games. It does help to play bigger schools but we must get more fans to come to the games. If we can average 25,000 + it would help tremendously. Now watch those that don't have a clue chime in and say it doesn't matter, BS. Ull and Nicholls outnumbered us at home. If your were a recruit that would be a big negative. Now lets keep this momentum going and put more butts in the stadium.
Wave QB
Swell

gbgreenie wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:30 am To those that say ULL takes any athlete even when they can't make the grade academically. Look at the amount of players they signed that had offers from Tulane. Look at the facts before shooting off your mouths. I will say this again and it handicaps a coaches ability to recruit when he brings recruits in for visits and the stadium is almost empty. ULL has a larger stadium and averages almost double the fans we have at the games. It does help to play bigger schools but we must get more fans to come to the games. If we can average 25,000 + it would help tremendously. Now watch those that don't have a clue chime in and say it doesn't matter, BS. Ull and Nicholls outnumbered us at home. If your were a recruit that would be a big negative. Now lets keep this momentum going and put more butts in the stadium.
Very true. Playing bigger schools helps, but winning is the key.