WBB ULL falls to Dillard University 72-69

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

In Lafayette Wow. Let that sink in.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'm curious why we should care?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:50 am I'm curious why we should care?
I’m pulling someone’s chain that posts here. ;)
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
cajunfanatico
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:08 am
If you're pulling mine, you're wasting your time. The only Cajun women's sport I give half a shit about is softball.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
RobertM320
Green Wave

cajunfanatico wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:22 am
If you're pulling mine, you're wasting your time. The only Cajun women's sport I give half a shit about is softball.

So basically, you're a Cajun fan only when they win?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
cajunfanatico
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:46 am
cajunfanatico wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:22 am

So basically, you're a Cajun fan only when they win?
Hardly. I think from time to time the women's team has some success, but I just don't care. I can't get into watching women play basketball. Never have, and never will. For me, it's just a men's sport. The women look funky playing it........or trying to.

Softball is another story, at least for me. I enjoy watching those games. Our softball program is often ranked in the Top 20 and often hosts the some of the best teams in the country. And it's a fun sport to watch. Our fans seem to enjoy it plenty as I believe we average about 1500 paying fans per game. That number probably blows away the attendance of many D-1 baseball programs.

I've mentioned this here before. If Tulane ever considers offering another women's sport, I'd highly recommend softball. It would be a perfect fit for Tulane as there's growing interest in the sport at the high school level, plenty of it being played in the deep south, and I believe it would be attractive in the New Orleans area as well.

Of course, there's also women's beach volleyball, which is interesting as well, for obvious reasons.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Tulane already offers women's beach volleyball. And softball is no good if you can't play it on campus.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Sunamiwave
High Tide

This is just too funny. Doesn’t Dillard athletics compete in NAIA? They are not even in Division Two or Three for goodness sakes. I would decribe this embarrassing loss for their women’s team “as U LA LA pulling a U LA LA.”
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:28 pm Softball is another story, at least for me. I enjoy watching those games. Our softball program is often ranked in the Top 20 and often hosts the some of the best teams in the country. And it's a fun sport to watch. Our fans seem to enjoy it plenty as I believe we average about 1500 paying fans per game. That number probably blows away the attendance of many D-1 baseball programs.
'ZZZ
cajunfanatico
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:08 pm
cajunfanatico wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:28 pm Softball is another story, at least for me. I enjoy watching those games. Our softball program is often ranked in the Top 20 and often hosts the some of the best teams in the country. And it's a fun sport to watch. Our fans seem to enjoy it plenty as I believe we average about 1500 paying fans per game. That number probably blows away the attendance of many D-1 baseball programs.
'ZZZ
Sez the guy who follows all things Cajun more closely than I.

If I was a cynic, which I'm not............