LSU QB Exodus Narcisse & McMillan leaving

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Abandon ship!! Narcisse announces his departure yesterday--this morning McMillan announces his departure. Will WF have any interest in either? The Orgeron count down speeds up.
Last edited by HoustonWave on Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:20 pm Abandon ship!! Narcisse announces his departure yesterday--this morning McMillan announces his departure. Will WF have any interest in either? The Ogeron count down speeds up.
articles regarding both QB's.......McMillian would be a Grad Transfer

tps://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/ ... 44134.html

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 6ec89.html
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

McMillan is going to have to move fast, if he wants to be enrolled and on the roster of a FBS team this year. He's kind of a mixed bag. Good size, comes from a powerful Texas high school program, has two years remaining, immediately eligible, but has only thrown one pass in a game.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Do we have any scholarships available? I thought we were at 85.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:38 pm Do we have any scholarships available? I thought we were at 85.
Good question. I would think that with the new rules prohibiting the rollforward of unused scholarships, very few schools would have any unused 2018 scholarships left this late in the year.
Pepper
Swell

Just some random thoughts:
He could take 1 grad class. It wouldn't cost him too much.

My Tiger friends are about to go the mattresses with the latest QB transfers.

Narcisse & Scott, 2 guys who could be starting for us right now.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I like Mcmillan. He could provide immediate insurance this year if Banks goes down and could start next year. As for Narcisse all the information point to him being like Scott and wanting a P5 so he'll go the JUCO route and then to a P5.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:31 pm McMillan is going to have to move fast, if he wants to be enrolled and on the roster of a FBS team this year. He's kind of a mixed bag. Good size, comes from a powerful Texas high school program, has two years remaining, immediately eligible, but has only thrown one pass in a game.
Cedar Hill is southwest of downtown Dallas ( just south of I-20 )...Cedar Hill is highly regard academically, being rated 4 stars by the Texas Board of Education and has won a few state championships

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedar_Hill_High_School
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Twave
Ripple

We are at 81 scholarships with the addition of Newman and Howard.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Twave wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:28 pm We are at 81 scholarships with the addition of Newman and Howard.
What is our limit? A total of 85? or does the new rule also limit each school to 25 schollies per year?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:00 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:31 pm McMillan is going to have to move fast, if he wants to be enrolled and on the roster of a FBS team this year. He's kind of a mixed bag. Good size, comes from a powerful Texas high school program, has two years remaining, immediately eligible, but has only thrown one pass in a game.
Cedar Hill is southwest of downtown Dallas ( just south of I-20 )...Cedar Hill is highly regard academically, being rated 4 stars by the Texas Board of Education and has won a few state championships

I think the chances of McMillan taking a meaningful snap in a FBS game this year are about the same as Tanner Lee taking snaps in an NFL game! :lol: :roll: :lol:

Seriously, IF we had a scholarship available and IF he were to come to Tulane, how long do you think it would take him to learn the offense? Would he be any better than the other QB's on the roster who've had more time to practice and run this offense? Would he be another Glen Cuillette, who was badly mis-fit for this offense? Just because a kid was recruited by and went to LSU doesn't mean he'd be successful here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:04 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:00 pm

I think the chances of McMillan taking a meaningful snap in a FBS game this year are about the same as Tanner Lee taking snaps in an NFL game! :lol: :roll: :lol:

Seriously, IF we had a scholarship available and IF he were to come to Tulane, how long do you think it would take him to learn the offense? Would he be any better than the other QB's on the roster who've had more time to practice and run this offense? Would he be another Glen Cuillette, who was badly mis-fit for this offense? Just because a kid was recruited by and went to LSU doesn't mean he'd be successful here.
Cuillette was recruited to run an NFL style O, so he did not fit into Fritz's system..but then again how hard can it be...catch the ball from the center, hand the ball to someone running forward or laterally, on occasion throw the ball to a member of the same team who is open...I mean this in not "rocket engineering"

PS...If all hell breaks loose...run for your life or at lesat towards the first down marker
Last edited by golfnut69 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:18 pm Cuillette was recruited to run an NFL style O, so he did not fit into Fritz's system..but then again how hard can it be...catch the ball from the center, hand the ball to someone running forward or laterally, on occasion throw the ball to a member of the same team who is open...I mean this in not "rocket engineering"
Can't agree more with you, 'nut. But it was clear that Glenn was not a good fit for this offense. The point I was trying to make is that the LSU QB transfers may or may not work out in this offense.

BTW: Didn't Cuillette transfer to another Louisiana program? How's he doing? I couldn't find him with my quick google searches.
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:53 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:18 pm Cuillette was recruited to run an NFL style O, so he did not fit into Fritz's system..but then again how hard can it be...catch the ball from the center, hand the ball to someone running forward or laterally, on occasion throw the ball to a member of the same team who is open...I mean this in not "rocket engineering"
Can't agree more with you, 'nut. But it was clear that Glenn was not a good fit for this offense. The point I was trying to make is that the LSU QB transfers may or may not work out in this offense.

BTW: Didn't Cuillette transfer to another Louisiana program? How's he doing? I couldn't find him with my quick google searches.
He transferred to Texas Southern I think.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

galvezwave
Swell

What a turn around it would be to go into next spring with McMillan and Howard competing for starter. Timing may work for Tulane here. There’s not many options for him a week before the season opens to play this season. Being a true student athlete helps too . Fingers crossed.
ajcalhoun
Swell

He's eligible immediately and I would feel a lot more comfortable about this season not being so dependent on Banks going injury-free.
God Bless Everyone!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

This has been big news for the last day or so but I didn’t see it posted here.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-f ... n-in-mind/

Seems like the stars are aligning and this would be a solid pick up for our weakest position- back up QB.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:31 am This has been big news for the last day or so but I didn’t see it posted here.

Seems like the stars are aligning and this would be a solid pick up for our weakest position- back up QB.
School starts today. Let’s see if he enrolls. When asked WF declined comment. He has two years of eligibility left and can play immediately. Would definitely help. If he comes here we can start his own thread on the Tulane board.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:50 am
Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:31 am This has been big news for the last day or so but I didn’t see it posted here.

School starts today. Let’s see if he enrolls. When asked WF declined comment. He has two years of eligibility left and can play immediately. Would definitely help. If he comes here we can start his own thread on the Tulane board.
An interesting article, which gives rise to some questions. Can LSU (or any school for that matter) put restrictions on where a grad transfer goes? The article would suggest they can, but I always thought a grad transfer was essentially a free agent. Secondly, the article suggests that he is eligible through the 2019 season. If he were to enroll at Tulane this fall, and not participate with the team, would he not have a full two seasons remaining? If he does enroll, I guess the question is will WF give him a scholarship immediately, in which case his eligibility would end next year. I can't see the advantage of putting him on the team this season, we still wouldn't have an experienced back up for Banks, and McMillan isn't familiar with the WF offense. Seems like the best option would be to keep him eligible for 2019 and 2020.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:36 pm He's eligible immediately and I would feel a lot more comfortable about this season not being so dependent on Banks going injury-free.
I still wonder if we can offer him a scholarship this year? We're under the limit but there's a yearly limit (25 I believe) as well. Fritz being mum on the issue could mean we're after him. Taking 1 class wouldn't necessarily qualify him to play. He has to be in a graduate program, and unless the rule has changed in a discipline that LSU does not offer.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:03 pm
An interesting article, which gives rise to some questions. Can LSU (or any school for that matter) put restrictions on where a grad transfer goes? The article would suggest they can, but I always thought a grad transfer was essentially a free agent. Secondly, the article suggests that he is eligible through the 2019 season. If he were to enroll at Tulane this fall, and not participate with the team, would he not have a full two seasons remaining? If he does enroll, I guess the question is will WF give him a scholarship immediately, in which case his eligibility would end next year. I can't see the advantage of putting him on the team this season, we still wouldn't have an experienced back up for Banks, and McMillan isn't familiar with the WF offense. Seems like the best option would be to keep him eligible for 2019 and 2020.
Unless the rules have changed McMillan would have to complete his 4 years of eligibility within 5 years of his HS graduating class. Or get a waiver from the NCAA,
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:05 pm
ajcalhoun wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:36 pm He's eligible immediately and I would feel a lot more comfortable about this season not being so dependent on Banks going injury-free.
I still wonder if we can offer him a scholarship this year? We're under the limit but there's a yearly limit (25 I believe) as well. Fritz being mum on the issue could mean we're after him. Taking 1 class wouldn't necessarily qualify him to play. He has to be in a graduate program, and unless the rule has changed in a discipline that LSU does not offer.
I may be mistaken but grad transfers do not count against the 25 limit
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:48 pm I may be mistaken but grad transfers do not count against the 25 limit
If that's the case, REEL HIM IN WILLIE!

Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We have room and we do want him.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.